Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 08-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Default All-Fall-Down-Turbo)K(-V2

Here is a completely revamped version of All-Fall-Down-Turbo)K( for public beta testing:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xo...K-V2-Beta1.zip

Highlights include:

- A vehicle loadout based around Onslaught 2.0 vehicles including the EU Scorpions, EONS Hellbenders, Fireflies(Kamek's Manta edit, similar to the UT3 Manta), the weaker Series II Badgers, a Firetank at each core, and Wormbo's Nephthys and Firebug.

- No 1-shot node-killing vehicles, flyers, or hard-to-control scorpion variants.

- Plenty of options for foot-based travel and infantry fights.

- Vehicle teleporters with helpful signs and a picture of your destination. They should help with traveling up and down the hydroelectric dam as well as making it easier to get out of the core area and in position behind the primaries.

- Distance fog for reducing lag and optimizing gameplay. It's not too heavy though, most of the vehicles' effective range ends before the fog envelopes your view.

- A redeemer on each side of the valley floor.

- Minigun turrets instead of laser turrets.

- Triggerable laser turrets in the power station, but no random alien attacks in the hydro dam.

Any comments are appreciated. I'm wondering if Wormbo's Railtanks would be a good idea for the drawbridge nodes, and if the Aegis is too powerful for this map.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
tRES-gONADS
Am I getting ant better

Thanks for your hard work Turbo.Be strong.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
iggy
Just Registered

Default A standard we should all adhear to

You know, i think most properly made maps could benefit from this example of vehicle selection, I think all my maps will follow this example, unless the map is specific, like Tank Me UP. I think theres a few of us that LOVE TMU maps, provided they are balanced enough to remain fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Here is a completely revamped version of All-Fall-Down-Turbo)K( for public beta testing:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xo...K-V2-Beta1.zip

Highlights include:

- A vehicle loadout based around Onslaught 2.0 vehicles including the EU Scorpions, EONS Hellbenders, Fireflies(Kamek's Manta edit, similar to the UT3 Manta), the weaker Series II Badgers, a Firetank at each core, and Wormbo's Nephthys and Firebug.

- No 1-shot node-killing vehicles, flyers, or hard-to-control scorpion variants.

- Plenty of options for foot-based travel and infantry fights.

- Vehicle teleporters with helpful signs and a picture of your destination. They should help with traveling up and down the hydroelectric dam as well as making it easier to get out of the core area and in position behind the primaries.

- Distance fog for reducing lag and optimizing gameplay. It's not too heavy though, most of the vehicles' effective range ends before the fog envelopes your view.

- A redeemer on each side of the valley floor.

- Minigun turrets instead of laser turrets.

- Triggerable laser turrets in the power station, but no random alien attacks in the hydro dam.

Any comments are appreciated. I'm wondering if Wormbo's Railtanks would be a good idea for the drawbridge nodes, and if the Aegis is too powerful for this map.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner