Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 04-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #101
Binger

I'm dropping in early tonight. Would love to have an Omni squad for the new 50 vs 50.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #102
hardspike
Server Admin

I just joined. A 50 v 50 squad to drop behind enemy lines would be fun.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #103
hardspike
Server Admin

Lagzilla: I'd love to see the replay of the guy who won the match by standing in the storm by a vending machine and continually buying and using bandages.

You can find the replays on your computer in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\FortniteGame\Sav ed\Demos The files are fairly small.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #104
Binger

My replays are all going bad. They seem to only last a day or two and then they won't play.

Lag, I don't think it is doing replays for the 50 vs 50 so I couldn't see who that asshole was that team-killed us.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #105
hardspike
Server Admin

Never mind on the bandage trick. I saw it online and it won’t work now on 50v50. When it first came out damage was only 2 per tick then they upped it to 10 per tick.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #106
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Yeah, no replays on my end either for 50v. Sad.

Glad they fixed it. 10 DPS is tough.

A
Old 04-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #107
hardspike
Server Admin

Still trying to figure out a good strategy for 50 v 50. It's hard to get loot early in the game as all your teammates are fighting for it. Thinking I'm going to try and land almost right in the middle of the circle, build a quick fort and wait for an enemy to die and pick up their loot.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #108
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

I'm not really enjoying the 50v50 as much... it's too crazy, and I don't feel like I'm personally making that much of a difference. But it's good for variety. I'm glad they're mixing things up a bit to keep it from getting stale.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #109
hardspike
Server Admin

Some matches, like my first 50v50 ended without me taking a single shot at an enemy or even seeing one to shoot at. The other night a squad of three of us dropped behind enemy lines at Cargo. We each got 4 kills (so a total of 12 out of the 50 players on the other team) before we were eliminated. It was pretty fun and felt like we helped with the win.

A few matches last night were pretty even right up to the end. Pretty fun. I thinking / hoping the player community is figuring out how to play this mode.

It's also a good mode to practice sniping and building. You can hang out away from the action and get a ton of wood really fast and practice. Moisty Mire trees give 214 wood each!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #110
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Moisty Mire trees give 214 wood each!
Naked shade trees give me the most wood.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:46 PM   #111
Binger

I like the 50 vs 50. I'm getting tired of the regular modes so this is what's keeping me in the game. Because my aim sucks so much I decided to be a base builder. I also carry around meds and shields and drop them for players with certain skins. Sometimes people will ask me for ammo and I always drop what I have or split it. I revive people as much as I can. It's a way for me to feel like I'm helping out without getting a lot of kills. I also use base wreckers like Miniguns and Rockets.

I try to get a base set up in the circle before the main group of players get there. I pay attention to where my team is mostly coming from and look for some high ground inside the circle then start building. Sometimes this works out really well and my team will rally around the base I started. It is SO MUCH fun to look around and see a bunch of teammates using my base. Of course people will add to it and sometimes we get a bad ass base going. Problem is at some point everyone leaves then gets too spread out and we loose. Sometimes of course my team will be spread out and still dominate but in close matches it seems to me that the teams that group up in a base or two have a big advantage. There will be times when our base will have a lot of our players in it and I'll start repairing some panels or adding things and then I notice everyone has left and is all spread out and getting killed of by the enemy players in their bases. I realize you don't want the whole team camping in the base but too many rogues loses the match. Idiots think they're Daequan. Often I see people leave our base, then the numbers start to dwindle, then the enemy starts using the base we built. Sigh. Still fun though. Hopefully people will learn some better strategy in this and start using bases instead of playing like it's squads. It would be a good game type for organized tournaments.

About requesting ammo. I think but I'm not sure that the little icon that pops up when requesting ammo will represent the ammo needed for the gun you currently have equipped. So if you need sniper bullets then have that gun out when you ask. People should pick up on what gun you have equipped and figure it out for themselves but I've seen some youtubers cluelessly give out the wrong ammo and wondering why the person is still asking for ammo.

I hope they keep this mode in forever but I know they won't. There seems to be some toxic comments towards it in the Epic forums but some of the top youtubers have obviously had fun with it and are saying good things. I haven't checked reddit to see what people are saying there. There is shitty stuff happening, ofc, but I find it pretty minimal. There are things you can do like don't build up to place a launch pad and always be wary of someone stealing your stuff. Don't drop a Scar to drink a shield. The worst is people using the impact grenades on teammates. Those need to be taken out of this mode.

Spike, there was a team of enemy players that came up behind us one time and I was wondering if you were in the group. I heard some fighting going on behind me as I was working my way to the circle. I noticed some teammates there on my minimap so started heading back there to help. I knew it was an enemy squad dropping in on our side. Before I got there though my teammates' icons started quickly dropping off so I turned and ran. I made the mistake of firing a couple of shots and them first and eventually they tracked me down and got me before I could get to the circle. I put up a bit a of fight and was building like crazy. I made them earn it and it was all good and fun.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #112
hardspike
Server Admin

That's a pretty cool strategy Binger!

Over the last few days I think my skills have regressed a little bit and I've been thinking I really need to practice and improve my building. Last week on 50 v 50 I stayed way back and practiced. Was thinking about doing that again, but I like what you're doing. Instead I should just go to the front lines and build a bunch of structures there. Likey!

Also thought a fun (horrible) way to get good at building would be to gather a ton of resources but no guns. Then when an enemy encounters you see how long you can live by building to protect and escape. I know at least one YouTuber won a game this way, not that I think I could get a win, but he proved that you can survive without a weapon.... edit to add, here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHyEAF8q5sQ

Last edited by hardspike; 04-25-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Old 04-26-2018, 02:56 PM   #113
Binger

There is a second option for replays. Something like "record large matches". It says it might affect performance so I had it off but I turned it on and now I'm getting replays for the 50 vs 50. Idk if it's because I turned on that option or if it's because of the update but recording 50 vs 50 is possible. Just some fyi.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #114
Binger

My fps dropped today after the update. Literally down to about half of what it was. grrr. No more 50 vs 50 so probably done with it anyway.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #115
Enyo
Getting there...

I gave battle royale the old college try and I can't get into it for the same reason I don't like getting in the levi... my ADHD brain just can't take sitting still and the waiting. I'm the type that will take a longer way to get somewhere long as I'm not sitting still in traffic.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #116
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
I gave battle royale the old college try and I can't get into it for the same reason I don't like getting in the levi... my ADHD brain just can't take sitting still and the waiting. I'm the type that will take a longer way to get somewhere long as I'm not sitting still in traffic.
Jump into Tilted.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #117
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

Jumping into tilted gives you a minute of action, followed by 5 minutes of waiting to get into anther game.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #118
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmallBerries View Post
Jumping into tilted gives you a minute of action, followed by 5 minutes of waiting to get into anther game.
Yeah, I have a problem with that, I don't want to wait any more than 90 seconds to get into a game. Beyond that, I'm gone.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:42 AM   #119
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

It takes at most 30 seconds, usually 15-20 to get into a new game.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #120
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Must be a popular game right now.

‘Silicon Valley,” Season 5, Episode 7: They drop a reference to the game.

After a company dinner celebration they immediately ditch the restaurant to go play Fortnite.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games