Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #21
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
So when you mailed GOG you should have got a registry entry from them. Within that entry is your unique key. You only need the key. So open the file via rightclick on "edit" and extract the key. Follow theese: http://ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&...tart=80#p13640 Just with the key .. so exchange the key with that one you got from them (it should obviously not be the same).
It can also happen when you just doble clicked on the reg-file that there is may a seccond false entry. There must be only one under "Wow6432Node".

When you need additional help you can write me a PM on this discord-thingy https://discord.gg/X4V8THM .. I may answhere when I have time and don't need so much writing or reading from me. =D
Try to revisite the things I wrote in the 5. post from this topic. May someone with a MAC cen tell you more about registry simmilar stuff for MAC?
Yes, I did the registry update and confirmed that the new "unique key" was updated to the registry. Basically the mac version runs an emulated windows system, so you actually have regedit.exe

Changing the keys hasn't helped
Old 11-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #22
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
Yes, I did the registry update and confirmed that the new "unique key" was updated to the registry. Basically the mac version runs an emulated windows system, so you actually have regedit.exe

Changing the keys hasn't helped
The thing is, the game hasn't registrated your key change if it's still the GUID you posted. When the key change was succesfull than your GUID will be changed. -> Same GUID == Same Key
So when the GUID has changed you should be able to join that server as noone wrote that the IP you posted is banned.

So there seems to be a problem .. may with the way GOG is starting the game? Maybe it will change the key back when you start it over the gog galaxy stuff. Maybe you have two registry entrys for keys and it will take the "wrong" one. I don't know.

What I would try is to save the registry entrys, than delete it as well as all ".log" files in the UT folder. When you start up the game the next time and want to play online it should ask you for a kye. Than enter the new key. If it's not asking and you see the same GUID again, than something went wrong. When it's asking and you see the same GUID after entering the new key, than GOG send you the same one again.
Seccond thing I would try is to move the whole UT2004 folder to another location and change the path in the registry. And obviosly the key if gog is playcing there default key again and again.
Than last I would search the registry for everything which is relatet to gog and UT and review it if there is something strange.

You may want to post your new GUID as well, or PM it to the Mailbox to check it. You can also check it yourselve on that page https://punter.vengefulllama.com/status/ which not means that when there is no entry that the key could not be banned anywhere else. But it's a good way to start.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 11-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #23
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
I bought this copy on gog.com.

I am on a mac, so I am running it on a WINE porting kit. It runs really well.

It must be screwing something up.

What does the server look at to deem an ip needing to be banned?
Just a suggestion, but maybe try installing a native Mac version of the game and using your newest unique key from GOG on it? I play a native version on a Macbook pro and it runs great.

It's a bit of a process to get a native Mac version installed, but full instructions from GOG here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/unreal_ser...ks_on_ml/page1

Important to follow all steps exactly. Should be easy for you since you already have the full Windows version installed.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:13 AM   #24
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I'm on mac too, here's what I do..

Download copy from Pirate Bay (there is one Mac version out there if you go to the bottom)
Buy a real CD version of the game in PC format
Use your PC CD key on the pirated Mac version by putting it into a txt file and dragging into the ut package:
-create a txt file and type your key into it
-save as "cdkey" with and remove the extension on the file
-right click on the UT2004 icon and select Package Contents
-drop the "cdkey" file into the System folder

Once that file is in there you should be able to click on the application like normal and the key will transfer over. You won't ever need the disc for anything other than the key.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #25
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
I'm on mac too, here's what I do..

Download copy from Pirate Bay (there is one Mac version out there if you go to the bottom)
Buy a real CD version of the game in PC format
Use your PC CD key on the pirated Mac version by putting it into a txt file and dragging into the ut package:
-create a txt file and type your key into it
-save as "cdkey" with and remove the extension on the file
-right click on the UT2004 icon and select Package Contents
-drop the "cdkey" file into the System folder

Once that file is in there you should be able to click on the application like normal and the key will transfer over. You won't ever need the disc for anything other than the key.
Just checked piratebay. no mac version on there. all the mac versions I find are ppc.... how does that even still exist. Can you zip it and post to a google drive?
Old 11-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #26
analog
Community Veteran

I would guess its a UTAN ban, that IP is not banned on the server itself.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #27
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Just checked piratebay. no mac version on there. all the mac versions I find are ppc.... how does that even still exist. Can you zip it and post to a google drive?
Dude, I gave you the GOG instructions... follow those and you'll be good. You need to install the Mac Demo version easily found online, then there's a patch to make the PPC mac version OS X (intel) compatible, simple google search should find it. Then, follow the GOG instructions. Keep your windows version installed according to GOG instructions until done, you need some files from it for the Mac version.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #28
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
https://www.thepiratebay.org/torrent...ournament_2004
Old 11-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #29
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
If you go this route, you'll likely still need to install the Intel patch for the mac version... its patch 3369.2.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 AM   #30
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
If you go this route, you'll likely still need to install the Intel patch for the mac version... its patch 3369.2.
I remember the .2 patch somewhere along the line but I dont think this one needed it. Either way it's easy to find.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught