Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 06-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
HughJass
Just Registered

Default Is the server still alive?

I stopped playing UT04 almost a year and a half ago but I've been getting the nostalgia lately. The )o( assault was one of my favorites and I was wondering if I reinstalled 04 if I would still be able to find decent games
Old 06-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #2
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
I stopped playing UT04 almost a year and a half ago but I've been getting the nostalgia lately. The )o( assault was one of my favorites and I was wondering if I reinstalled 04 if I would still be able to find decent games
no, it is offline now. The only server still online is ONS. Sorry man

Old 06-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Para
Ayane!

Really? ONS is still that popular for UT2k4?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
Really? ONS is still that popular for UT2k4?
Yep, and between 6ish and 9ish EST on any nite you can't get in. Most other times it has 24-28 players.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
democracy
CantSeeStraight

Old 06-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
DaDaWg
no u

C&C and CS custom maps ruined the AS community.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
Coyote
Community Veteran

And that's like what... 6 maps (I see 4 C&C and 2 CS on N&B)? I don't think that's the only issue... I think it's more like fading interest from the community and the lack of new maps (fading interest from the mappers) that caused its decline.

I always have a good time whenever GrandCanyon, Ion, or Holocorp come up...
Old 06-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
DaDaWg
no u

It didn't just make AS un-popular, but it stole the spotlight from the real AS maps. Those maps sucked people to servers like Nachos&Beer, then even though N&B had a huge selection of amazing maps, it pretty much only went from C&C to another C&C to CS etc.

I hated playing there because the map vote reset limit was like 4 if I remember, so many times we'd just play the same maps over and over again.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #9
Coyote
Community Veteran

Huh. I guess that's that I missed when I was on walkabout. Still though. Before C&C and CS, the general complaint was "Racing maps are killing AS!" I guess there's always something someone doesn't like. There's also the huge influx of newer games (COD4, TF2, etc...) that came out in the meantime that seem to be pulling folks away as well.

Well, I still check over there every once in a while to see if a good AS map is playing and if so I'll jump in and attempt to sway the votes to other good maps. If not, I'll just go play somewhere else.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
G-Force
Insider

I've been occasionally playing on N&B the past month or two. I'll usually load up UT2004 and check what map they have playing before I play any games.. If their playing a good map I will probably jump in, if not I'll usually head to COD4.
Schooling crap has been taking up most of my "free" time.

sig by Necro
Send a message via ICQ to G-Force Send a message via MSN to G-Force Send a message via Yahoo to G-Force G-Force is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

Nachos and Beer gets really pissed at me for saying things like, "fuck," and, "cunt," and the like, so I'm not a huge fan of it. What can you do, though? It has the most people at the moment... Its like swallowing down a bunch of cheap liquor. You have to keep down the C&C and the Sgt. Muffin crap but eventually you succumb and find an inebriated comradery that keeps you coming back whenever you want to binge.

That said, I love to join in randomly on ONS and whoop up on Paminator when she has no clue who I am.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #12
Pi

none of us have a clue what you are MA

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 07-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

I'll tell you what I'm not: dead or some jelly donut sculpture or whatever.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
Pi

That really narrows it down, whew.

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 07-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #15
Filak613
Just Registered

Don't like our rules or our maps simple as not playing there.

And if you wanna suggest maps or server setting changes. Why don't you come find our forums and complain there if it bothers you that much? Clearly not that big a deal. Trust me if you came and suggested something we would defiantly consider it. Bitching here about how our server is helps....
Old 07-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #16
Rupert Quentin Pollard
Omnihax l)o(l

What most people who think there's something wrong with your server suggest to change is removing C&C and Office/Dust or upping the map refresh rate so they don't get played endlessly, both of which just get scoffed at if not punished for so there's no point in posting on your forums. Even constructive suggestions like putting up Chaos and Ankara, two very popular and well balanced standard AS maps, just get met with apathy and nothing comes of it despite your "defiant consideration" while more of Muffin's maps and poor edits of existing maps go up seemingly without testing.

People put up with it because it's the only half decent assault server around and leave when they don't like the maps that win, and you already know all the complaints so this conversation is going nowhere. Further discussion of N&B on our forums is hereby prohibited since it will only lead to a shitstorm.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #17
Filak613
Just Registered

The map refresh was upped as soon as I read it on here so lets not go there.

I have had no time to be messing around with the server that's the only reason those maps aren't up. I don't have the time to go looking for downloads to the maps you suggested.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #18
G-Force
Insider

sig by Necro
Send a message via ICQ to G-Force Send a message via MSN to G-Force Send a message via Yahoo to G-Force G-Force is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #19
RicShaw
Overrated

I leik mapz, SUBROSAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #20
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicShaw View Post
I leik mapz, SUBROSAAAAAAAAAAA
This.

I'm curious, though, Filak163, why do you run a server that you apparently have no time for? I mean, I'm just used to people who carry out their endeavours, like Qettoe, who has a successful full-time career yet in our heyday took the time to perform scheduled maintenance himself on the servers as well as specialized in the installation of server parts, components and network configurations. Then again, it takes different strokes to run the world. I was a little put off about the whole thing so I decided to write my congressman. However, it turns out that he was too busy for such nonsense so my query really didn't go anywhere. Eh, what can you do...

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault