Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 12-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Default Save our beloved MTMU maps from extinction.

There is an "agenda" to remove many of our beloved MTMU maps from the server. And anybody that thinks that one MTMU map is like all the rest hasn't been playing.

Hell, it was the MTMU server where I finally learned how to drive a MINO properly. Not an easy task on a full server. "Get the F'n noob out of the MINO." Remember that?

I just want to reiterate that removing most of the mino maps from the server because the vocal minority, "bitches", don't like them being voted in so much, is wrong.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Ladies and gentlemen, I present:

The Agenda

Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
dimshade
Getting there...

Well shit guys, he called us bitches, guess we should keep all the MTMU maps on the server to prove we have some balls!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Zenith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
There is an "agenda" to remove many of our beloved MTMU maps from the server.
Yeah, I think the agenda is "man I'm so sick of playing MTMU but we always play it. Maybe we can cut back a bit on MTMU and bring a bit of variety to this dying game."

Quote:
I just want to reiterate that removing most of the mino maps from the server because the vocal minority, "bitches", don't like them being voted in so much, is wrong.
in that case you've done the right thing by expressing your opinion, but the wrong thing by calling people who disagree with you a derogatory team. That doesn't give your argument much leverage at all.
Send a message via ICQ to Zenith1 Send a message via AIM to Zenith1 Send a message via MSN to Zenith1 Zenith1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Beth

Quote:
There is an "agenda" to remove many of our beloved MTMU maps from the server. And anybody that thinks that one MTMU map is like all the rest hasn't been playing.
Hell, it was the MTMU server where I finally learned how to drive a MINO properly. Not an easy task on a full server. "Get the F'n noob out of the MINO." Remember that?

Not an agenda dude
I think you should have taken the MINO in either of the servers you know the ONS server had mino's in them also (ah remember the ONS server I miss so much)

Listen I know you guys chose the MTMU server instead of the regular ONS server, but think about it, there are WAY too many MTMU maps on there. I don't bitch in any map I play (common sense is you don't want to play the map put up with it or exit) don't you agree? It just gets to be too much, same node setup maybe two node difference, but the truth is people ARE tired and bored of the repetition I've heard many people say. Don't get mad just have an open mind.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I love all the MTMU variants, especially randomizer.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:

I always did my practicing off line as I found it a much more effective learning experience.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Wormbo
Wormlike

Yup, offline you can goof around without getting anyone upset, except yourself and maybe anyone watching over your shoulder.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Schadenfreude
Getting there...

Yeah and you can sit in your Hammerhead, blocking a tele all day long. Bots don't care. Sorry McLovin. I got no love for ya.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

So what does it really hurt to keep the maps, other than a longer list to choose from? Only downside I see is diskspace.

I think the Minus maps have a strong love/hate relationship. Some players love (or McLove) them, others hate them. Isn't that why there's map voting? You vote what you like.

That being said I think reducing the clutter has some benefit...I love the MTMU maps, but its hard with all the variants to tell the differences.

Also, you can get a good tank fix on several other maps as well, so there's no shortage of tank maps, but those seem to be fairly popular.

It is also nice to have good variety on the maps--I've seen some new ones/recycled? lately..been fun especially when you don't have a half a dozen tank whores in the optimal spots hitting from far away.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

The ones I would like to see go:

Evo -too many deemers
Mino me up- too many minos
Owner - nothing special about this one
Randomizer - too many deemers

If the redeemers were removed from the maps, they all could stay, except mino me up. That one just is a mess.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
I think the Minus maps have a strong love/hate relationship. Some players love (or McLove) them, others hate them. Isn't that why there's map voting? You vote what you like.
Logically, that makes sense. However, as long as I've been involved in UT and map voting it has always gone the
way of the lemmings.

We're not debating the quality of MTMU maps, they are great; although I'm not a mapper I had a lot to do with the implementation of
the first one on Omni (Gorzakk was the mapper/modder) so I have a sort of soft spot for it. Nine MTMU's (although one rarely gets
played) leads to the possibility of playing 5-6hrs of what is essentially the same map. The majority of players recognize this
(as illustrated by how the MTMU quantity poll is playing out) and know there will still be four or five variants of the map available on
the server.

Quote:
It is also nice to have good variety on the maps--I've seen some new ones/recycled? lately..been fun especially when you don't have a half a dozen tank whores in the optimal spots hitting from far away.
My above comments address this statement as well. Now those other maps have somewhat of a chance. While everyone in here knows
my stance on maps cluttered with super-vehicles, there are many many well designed and balanced maps that never get played.
These maps have a nice blend of super-vehicles and stockers, and because of this "nerfed down" vehicle loadout they bring both
the foot soldier and map tactics out of the basement where they have been banished to with the advent of the current 'roided
out vehicles.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #13
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
So what does it really hurt to keep the maps, other than a longer list to choose from? Only downside I see is diskspace.
Transient players vote in the same map over and over forcing non-transients to play the "same" map over and over.

Andrew
Old 12-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

True that about 5 Minus games in a row. Too bad you can't do rotation based on a Map "grouping" instead of single map.

We did have a pretty fun match on Mino Me up yesterday though...it felt almost nostalgic....although there was a bit of map complaining. :-)
Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
Cortak
Throw the Cheese!

We do have the vote system for this, but I don't think it would hurt to cut back some of the older variants of the map. I mean, come on, how many version of MTMU do we have now? There's no plot to remove all the MTMU type maps from the server, why would there be? It's a good map, but like everything else, overuse it and the fun gets killed. We just need to cut it down to a reasonable amount of play time.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
Danno'68
Some call me....Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortak View Post
We do have the vote system for this, but I don't think it would hurt to cut back some of the older variants of the map. I mean, come on, how many version of MTMU do we have now? There's no plot to remove all the MTMU type maps from the server, why would there be? It's a good map, but like everything else, overuse it and the fun gets killed. We just need to cut it down to a reasonable amount of play time.
Come on now! That kind of sane, rational reasoning has no place here.

(how I love to stir the pot sometimes)
Old 12-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #17
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

[QUOTE (how I love to stir the pot sometimes)[/QUOTE]

And THIS pot needs some stirring cause it FULL of BITCHES. Whinny little brats that complain about what map is being voted in.

"I don't like it, they play it too much". "So lets get it off the server so no one can play it."

Vote or get the F out. That's my rule. I leave plenty of times when a map comes up that I don't like.

I've meet plenty of decent "good people" on this server, but the rest of you bitches, this is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQzab7sNCzs

Last edited by McLovin; 12-10-2013 at 10:57 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
Zenith1

sounds like the only person whining is you. everyone else is having a civil discussion without resorting to personal attacks. what you're doing is akin to a parent taking away a toy from a child, and the child saying "I hate you" over and over.

anyway, just because you passively leave every time a map you don't like comes on doesn't mean that everyone else should follow suit. as of right now there's a strong enough desire to cut the number of MTMU maps on the server, hence the threads and polls showing that a majority actually want 4 or less MTMU maps, and an even bigger majority want less than 9. this isn't some fringe group of players and certainly isn't "little whiny bitches" (whom you talk about so much, it almost seems like you're trying to project this tough exterior).
Send a message via ICQ to Zenith1 Send a message via AIM to Zenith1 Send a message via MSN to Zenith1 Zenith1 is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #19
California`
Hitscan Hero.

I'm very surprised that you know of and listen to Angelspit. Good choice.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #20
steve
Server Sponsor

Quote:
[QUOTE (how I love to stir the pot sometimes)
Vote or get the F out. That's my rule. I leave plenty of times when a map comes up that I don't like.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for voting. I just think MTMU needs some term limits.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught