Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
darksonny
Just Registered

UT2k4 ONS-[M]_Deathrow_B3 (how to improve)?

Hi all Ons lovers

I found this interesting map for ons gametype, I played a bit and I found it does have some possibilities for attacking - defending with his architectural design. The problem is I dont know who made it I went to ut2004stats to view name authors and it seems its name is beltamaxx. I looked for him over the internet and forums without any success to asking him permission to modify his map because its' beta, its unfinished and does not have any vehicles nor have any botpathing in it.

Anyone could rework this map and review what could be done with vehicles related and modify this map to get more polishing in games terms? making a match with map by foot over the entire map its not totally fun (but it does have many routes and paths and their walkway's widths is about to be okaysh -from view of using vehicles- this is why I liked the map) so I think It would be nice to see this map with normal vehicles included.

I if remember well, this map could be done up to 5 bases (two central bases one in center and other 2 as sides bases).

Im thinking what about to not to put not much vehicles, only fews like the base put one manta and one scorpion each base. as for the rest of the base try to put one vehicle only one per side-base, it could fit whatever vehicles excepting tank (this one it should be in the center map if a node is set here), into those intermedium bases

Another thing is that there are some parts of the map I think is way too open and very exposed for those attackers or defenders who are crossing over big walkways where no vehicles are used against the goliath, maybe keeping the width of the big walkways (instead reducing) putting some kind of industrial or wooden-like boxes with the same height as the goliath to make more ramdon their effectiveness (its a sort of idea dunno how to explain this).

As for the vials (not 25 health packs) maybe it could increase their number when players goes jump-lifting with lifts only nearby the lifts area.

Any ideas?
Heres is the attached map.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0f9fn...eathrow_B3.zip

Thanks in advance!
Darksonny
Old 09-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Interesting map. The DM'er will like it for sure. Tight for vehicles. Lends to several car variants, maybe even a bender. Some badgers as well.

I would add a node in the middle and have it spawn something cool like a link badger, nova or something like that.

The bio rifle is bugged and filling the log with errors, should be removed.

Andrew
Old 09-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #3
Binger

Beltamaxx runs the SoL Freon server.

I think this could work. One thing I see that would be kind of annoying is all the team colored stuff doesn't change when teams switch sides for a new round. That's a problem I've run into when trying to convert CTF maps.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Beltamaxx runs the SoL Freon server.

I think this could work. One thing I see that would be kind of annoying is all the team colored stuff doesn't change when teams switch sides for a new round. That's a problem I've run into when trying to convert CTF maps.
And support for that is... not great. I think you have to remove all that stuff and maybe just put some flags up.

A
Old 09-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
darksonny
Just Registered

Yes those transporters in all the maps does not work properly I think author left unifnished or so, I would not mind see you with this map with another vehicles alternatives
Old 09-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
darksonny
Just Registered

Maybe we could ask for an updated map to beltamaxx I found with the info posted by binger (thanks!) their homeserver in gametracker at:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...214.9:17610/b/

the ip and port I tried to connect their server to contact beltamaxx but it does appears doing nothing only the ip and port on the screen while waiting to connect server, no success
Old 09-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #7
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

You can contact him using Facebook. Join the server at 72.5.102.229 and press the Facebook button.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
darksonny
Just Registered

Hi anoymous that ip should have also some port number do you know which port is used to connect?
I sent him a message from fb, only I have to wait and I will see...
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksonny View Post
Hi anoymous that ip should have also some port number do you know which port is used to connect?
I sent him a message from fb, only I have to wait and I will see...
The server shows up under the Internet tab in the "Deathmatch" category.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #10
darksonny
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
The server shows up under the Internet tab in the "Deathmatch" category.
Thanks!

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner