Originally Posted by analog View Post
Which one of you guys is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSKR5Wkkaqs
Not me. I am fairly calm and even nice in Fortnite :-O

A
Old 03-15-2018, 03:38 AM   #62
hardspike
Server Admin

This game is insane.... Ninja has a celebrity guest playing with him: Drake. They were at 600,000 live stream viewers earlier. About 400,000 now.

https://www.twitch.tv/ninja
Old 03-15-2018, 04:32 AM   #63
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
This game is insane.... Ninja has a celebrity guest playing with him: Drake. They were at 600,000 live stream viewers earlier. About 400,000 now.

https://www.twitch.tv/ninja
So that finally happened? They've been talking about doing it. I knew it would get tons of viewers. I'm guessing it was the most watched stream ever.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:31 PM   #64
TheSage
Shredder of Reality

While I don't think its bad, at times it feels like I'm playing Lobby Simulator™

I've got to say I've picked up TF2 again and I'm having way more fun playing that...
Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #65
hardspike
Server Admin

Fortnite: Blitz mode is live – loot drops increased, storm circle shrinks immediately and supplies drop faster

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/19/for...-storm-circle/
Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #66
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Played it twice.. the last man standing version. Like WOT, get killed you're done. Lots of time waiting, looking and then zapped like a hit from Dimshade's Lighting gun. Reset.

I think a team based would be more fun.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #67
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Teams are a blast. Solo is tough for sure...

It takes to long to get into the next round for sure.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #68
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Teams are a blast. Solo is tough for sure...

It takes to long to get into the next round for sure.
So I guess this game is NOT the best for an ADD individual like myself? I don't have the patience to sit in a levi, so I guess I definitely won't have the patience for what sounds like a game where I'm going to die quickly and sit around waiting to get back in? Someone here please give me a good reason that I should try this game (other than it's free)... seems like a lot of you are somewhat enjoying it but are rather frustrated by it. I've barely had time to play UT lately, much less to invest in learning a new game.

Am I reading these comments wrong or is it kinda like a mix between a FPS and minecraft? I hate minecraft, again the ADD thing, so not sure this is for me.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #69
Enyo
Getting there...

So I just saw there's a new Blitz mode: https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/19/17...s4-xbox-one-pc
Maybe this is more my speed and is a good way for players to get better at fighting faster?
Old 03-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #70
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
So I just saw there's a new Blitz mode: https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/19/17...s4-xbox-one-pc
Maybe this is more my speed and is a good way for players to get better at fighting faster?
Aside from waiting to get in, the game moves at a pace you kind of set. If you want fast paced landed in a spot where that happens (like Tilted Towers.)

If you go on twitch watch some videos of Ninja, DrLupo or KingRichard, they are nuts, never stand still and are fighting a significant part of the time.

It is worth noting that it is slower feeling than UT due to the game style being different.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #71
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

The most frustrating thing, though, is when you've spent all that time getting into the game, and getting your gear, and the first person you meet, you are blasting each other with guns, and then you die, and you look at your stats and see that you did like 35 damage to him/her, while he/she did 216 to you. I simply don't understand how I inflicted 1/6 the damage that I received... just doesn't make any sense to me sometimes. Other times I'll get good kills. No idea what is going on.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #72
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmallBerries View Post
The most frustrating thing, though, is when you've spent all that time getting into the game, and getting your gear, and the first person you meet, you are blasting each other with guns, and then you die, and you look at your stats and see that you did like 35 damage to him/her, while he/she did 216 to you. I simply don't understand how I inflicted 1/6 the damage that I received... just doesn't make any sense to me sometimes. Other times I'll get good kills. No idea what is going on.
Choose your weapon wisely. Click their head.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:42 AM   #73
hardspike
Server Admin

Hey Binger, here's the guy I was telling you about, he's a top player and has a few videos where he gives instructional commentary, very useful...

HOW TO WIN | Editing and Peeking Tips and Guide (Fortnite Battle Royale)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBs5OoqQ_c
Old 03-30-2018, 01:01 AM   #74
Enyo
Getting there...

Good tutorial by the cockiest player EVER. But seriously, this game's pace I think might put me to sleep... might give it a try in a week or two see if it cures my insomnia.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #75
Binger

Multiqoute not working for me so...

@TheSage. Lobby Simulator, that's hilarious.

@Berries. I feel your frustration. I've been crouched and ADS and not moving and someone will come right at me and my crosshairs will be entirely inside their body and I'll get one hit. I don't understand that crap at all. It happens a lot.

@Spike. Some amazing building skill in that vid. That was fun to watch. Problem with me is aim. I choke occasionally with building and I certainly can't compete with good builders on my best days but my problem is aim. All the videos about strategy and where to land and building and such are great but until I get my aiming to improve they won't help much. I'll still watch them though.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #76
Enyo
Getting there...

Seems a lot of players coming from heavy hitscan weapons like UT has are having a hard time adjusting to the weapon bloom of a lot of fortnite's guns. Seems not many, if any, of fortnite's weapons are hitscan, so the bullets jump around within your crosshairs, I guess to simulate kick? Weapon bloom is something I've had a hard time with in other FPS games.

This video seems to have some good beginner tips for aiming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWh31ZOQlL0
Old 03-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #77
hardspike
Server Admin

Woohoo!! Finally!

One footnote, it was in the Sniper mode, but I'll take the W.

By the way, the Sniper mode is a lot of fun. No one is going to rush you and blow you up with a shotgun in your face.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:23 PM   #78
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

Congrats! I figured out that I could switch my y-axis after all in fortnite, so I switched it. I had to play a lot of games for that to feel right again, so I haven't made much progress...
Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #79
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Seems a lot of players coming from heavy hitscan weapons like UT has are having a hard time adjusting to the weapon bloom of a lot of fortnite's guns. Seems not many, if any, of fortnite's weapons are hitscan, so the bullets jump around within your crosshairs, I guess to simulate kick? Weapon bloom is something I've had a hard time with in other FPS games.

This video seems to have some good beginner tips for aiming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWh31ZOQlL0
The weapons drift as you are firing, you have to compensate based on the weapon. Bullets pull down to the ground as well.

I thought everything was a projectile in Fortnite.

A
Old 04-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #80
slothy
Just Registered

Hi y'all! I play Fortnite under the name Moodring. Although I'm not very good and I am definitely having a hard time adjusting to the aiming system. DM has never been my strength though!

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games