Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament
View Poll Results: Are you willing to donate to keep Omni alive ?
Ya sure, I can spare $5 or $10 a year 3 15.00%
Yes, put me down for $20 a year 12 60.00%
Hell ya, I'll donate what I can ! 4 20.00%
No. UT2K4 is dying. Lets just let it run out as is 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #61
trans_lux
Just Registered

Please let me know how to donate to server support.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:41 PM   #62
metaldrgn
Just Registered

UT 2k4 is dying. I left because of certain personalities I didn't really like and because it's was getting boring. I had mentioned a while back about helping to try and do a reboot of this in the new UE4 engine and started to get into it, but lost interest since not many others seemed to care and the engine wasn't at the point it needed to be. If someone wanted to do this, I think you would get a lot more players and thus donations along with modernizing the game.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #63
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

True, but I don't know if the UE4 engine is ready to add ONS on top of it. Not sure what level of dev (vehicles and such) would be needed.

But there's still a small following here (and CEONSS) that happily play UT24K. I'd love to see it moved to UE4, and would help, but its a big effort.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:22 PM   #64
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Anyone rememeber ut2003 for the brief time it was out? I think when Halo came out they went "oh crap we need vehicles" and did ut2004. I remember in the first version of 04 you could fire primary and alt fire at the same time in the raptor.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #65
MaDPaT
Just Registered

Default New Server?

I really, really, really like UT2004. I am highly addicted. I have provided donations over the years.

We need a new server. It was bad with the team balance but the new changes produce some serious glitches for me.

Choppy play, loss of vehicle control and ending up somewhere else, running ten feet toward a vehicle and suddenly appear 10 feet past it, running 10 feet back and then suddenly appear 10 behind the vehicle, or firing main gun and delay makes you miss target (and you die from enemy return fire). In a flying tank a few days ago I did 4-5 direct hits on undefended node that then became locked. My hits were not registered. This could be an actually reason behind accusations of cheating by other players and not players actually cheating.

My last game, I was criticized that I was missing too much with rail tank defending a node and that I should get out of rail tank. This second round of delay occurred(the first at the beginning) after I had killed 10 vehicles defending a node that I had to rebuild 2 times. I did follow the "advice" and get out cause it was so bad and tried to defend a node on foot. The game is barely playable if service goes in and out and in and out.

Anyone try defending a node on foot against an enemy badger, plasma tank, and centaur. It is an activity that you do not last long at.

Needless to say, I got so disgusted I left right after that point. I never leave mid game.

It was stated in first threads that a new server would cost 320 dollars. Tell me where and when to send the check.

We are on borrowed time with this server. When it goes, it is gone. If play continues like this people will leave.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #66
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Default qettoe@omnipotents.com

I remember donating through PayPal and getting a response from Q'...Is the new donation link (location please) available? Covid-19 hush money is sloshing around, want to slip one past wife.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 05-09-2020, 08:19 AM   #67
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I am not sure it's as bad as MaDPat says...but there are times it definitely feels like this. I think the UT2004 engine is a bit overloaded on some maps...especially with ones with lots of projectiles and mines.

That being said I don't think its purely a money problem. If it is, please post up, I think we could get some $$ on a round of fundraising. Heck, I'd donate $100 right now if we could get access to the redirect to put up some of my new map edits.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #68
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
I am not sure it's as bad as MaDPat says...but there are times it definitely feels like this. I think the UT2004 engine is a bit overloaded on some maps...especially with ones with lots of projectiles and mines.

That being said I don't think its purely a money problem. If it is, please post up, I think we could get some $$ on a round of fundraising. Heck, I'd donate $100 right now if we could get access to the redirect to put up some of my new map edits.

The only time I get lagged is when that damn missile tank launches in MinusTankMeUp-Nightwolf-V3.

I don't think it's a money problem either, it's a who is trusted enough to rehost the server and who is technically able and available. Right now the only ones trustable and technically competent enough are no-shows and flaky as-all-get-out.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #69
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
...Heck, I'd donate $100 right now if we could get access to the redirect to put up some of my new map edits.
Same. I'm wondering if I am to try and look for a method of donating and keep the Qettoe as the recipient or not?

Edit* I found the donate button on top, still goes to Qettoe@omni' is this still a good method to donate???

I want to do so before the COVID-$ disappears.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sumugan; 05-09-2020 at 01:12 PM..
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 05-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #70
dognuts
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDPaT View Post
I really, really, really like UT2004. I am highly addicted. I have provided donations over the years.

We need a new server. It was bad with the team balance but the new changes produce some serious glitches for me.

Choppy play, loss of vehicle control and ending up somewhere else, running ten feet toward a vehicle and suddenly appear 10 feet past it, running 10 feet back and then suddenly appear 10 behind the vehicle, or firing main gun and delay makes you miss target (and you die from enemy return fire). In a flying tank a few days ago I did 4-5 direct hits on undefended node that then became locked. My hits were not registered. This could be an actually reason behind accusations of cheating by other players and not players actually cheating.

My last game, I was criticized that I was missing too much with rail tank defending a node and that I should get out of rail tank. This second round of delay occurred(the first at the beginning) after I had killed 10 vehicles defending a node that I had to rebuild 2 times. I did follow the "advice" and get out cause it was so bad and tried to defend a node on foot. The game is barely playable if service goes in and out and in and out.

Anyone try defending a node on foot against an enemy badger, plasma tank, and centaur. It is an activity that you do not last long at.

Needless to say, I got so disgusted I left right after that point. I never leave mid game.

It was stated in first threads that a new server would cost 320 dollars. Tell me where and when to send the check.

We are on borrowed time with this server. When it goes, it is gone. If play continues like this people will leave.
I'm onboard with a donation as well. I can echo many of MaDPaT's observations/complaints. I've sat stationary at an unlocked enemy node with vehicles and hit the node twice with zero register of damage. I don't pretend to be God's gift to UT but I'm also not the shittiest player around. I can certainly accept when I miss but there are daily issues where I obviously miss (no damage to the node or enemy) but the shot looks like it hits dead on. This is an old game and if we can't keep it running reliably it's at risk of disappearing and as sad as it sounds, it's the only online game I play.

dog
Old 05-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #71
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
it's the only online game I play.
Same. Aside from this it's just the occasional SNES nostalgia jam.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #72
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

What's the server specs? I bet you can get an AWS Server that would run UT for 0.10 to 0.20 cents an hour. Be interesting to try that out and see.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #73
Judas
Just Registered

I can also throw some money in
Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 PM   #74
Lagzilla
Getting there...

I'm in for financial donations, can also supply space if need be for redirect.

Andrew
Old 05-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #75
provert
Just Registered

I said I'd chip in when this thread first started...lol
Old 07-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #76
trans_lux
Just Registered

Accepting donations?
Old 07-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #77
nautikal
Just Registered

happy to donate as well!
Old 07-14-2020, 12:33 PM   #78
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Hold off a bit, things are in the works now. Shouldn't be too much longer. That's a relative statement, maybe it will happen before Christmas, but I'm hoping before end of summer.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament