Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-31-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Default Vehicles

"haha mai l33t sk!llz pwned j00!!1!1!" - Confucius (551 479 BC).

http://files.filefront.com/UT2004Veh.../fileinfo.html

Due to the loss of the thread last week I am remaking the thread. This is useful in 2 ways:-

1. There are some new vehicles in here now.

2. Nobody spotted in the last thread I made a comment on how I like to sleep with cats, thus keeping that part of my life completely secret forever. (Sometimes I even impress myself with my genius. ).

Here is the link...

http://files.filefront.com/UT2004Veh.../fileinfo.html

Download those buggers and install. This ain't for the server, this is for clients. This contains the UCL files and OGG files you'll need to be able to play about with the stuff offline. As before both Minotaur variants are in there. Also added now is the Aegis and Biotank, both ready to be added to any map you like for offline play.

Q&A:-

Q. Ok, tell me again why I should bother with this.

A. In grabbing these packages from vilefront you will be saving omnipotents redirect bandwidth. You will free it up for other people connecting to the map (meaning they will get it faster). And you'll also be able to play with the stuff offline in any map you like. Another good point is you map will build slightly quicker, meaning you'll be more likely to grab a good tank than anyone else who's not about.

Q. Why would I want to do that?

A. If you like new toys to play with in unreal then that's reason enough. But if you want to get involved in any mapping projects here then I suggest you grab these immediately. The chances are they will be brought up in discussions concerning maps where they may help balance or improve gameplay issues. If you have no experience with the vehicles you will not be able to make much of a helpful contribution - for or against them.

Q. 19.8 MB? What gives oh keeper of the enormous files?

A. Massive bulk of it is ogg files that are pretty much optional. New music for UT in other words. I am getting completely sick of the standard UT2004 tracks, as nice as they once sounded. Also in there is the TankMeMap. All done and dusted unless it has to go back to the chopping block for some reason.

Q. What are potatoes?

A. Potatoes (or Solanum tuberosum) are a type of tuber and a member of the nightshade family of perennial plants.

Q. I don't like this vehicle!

A. If its final - tough. But please post here and explain why you don't like it.

Q. I love this! Its awesome!

A. Good. Please post here and explain why you think it is a successful adaptation. I can only produce what you all want if I get some feedback. :yawinkle:

Q. I don't know how to install this! Help me!

A. Extract the zip file and you'll get the following folders "System, Textures, Sounds, Music." Just cut them all, open up your UT2004 folder (normally C:\\UT2004) and paste them. Tell them to overwrite everything and away you go. Any problems with this post here or PM me.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
Lithium
Just Registered

cool. I'll have to try this out. YOu Rock!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
TheDon
BSc(H) Multimedia

Nice one \\o

I've been waiting for this BioTank, and I do love tanks
Old 02-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
SHAGBOT
Jay-Z [>^-^]>

While I am very happy about the removal of the destroyed goliath blocking the core ramp, I am most stimulated about ye biotank! Unfortunately, I don't have access to a computer capable of running ut2k4 this weekend.

Right now I'll have to wait a week for this new monstrosity of a tank! I hope that someone who tries the biotank this weekend will post in here about it and tell me of it's pwning capabilities !

Very interesting facts in your posts Gorz. A potato is...

spider mine spamming spawn killing camper killer
dm/freon/as/ons/uw
Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
Big_Al_B
I Hate This Map

Very cool stuff Gorz. I like the Bio-tank (nice texture 337), thing is as powerful as a mino at close range and can kill a core in 4 hits (roughly 2 sec).

So Bio-Tank can't kill enemy Bio-Tank, that should be interesting. Niether will get out of their tank to hurt the other so basically they'll just push each other around. :smt081

I only have a few small concerns if I may.
Did I miss the painter at the base or was ithe idea regected? Just curious...
Why no second seat in the Bio?
It would be better if the trajectory of the Bio-Tanks shot was higher. When trying to shoot far distances you can't see your target since your looking at the back of your tank. But that may be an intentional diadvantage, right?

Other then that this map should be better than it was before. Thanx for all your hard work.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al_B
Very cool stuff Gorz. I like the Bio-tank (nice texture 337), thing is as powerful as a mino at close range and can kill a core in 4 hits (roughly 2 sec).

So Bio-Tank can't kill enemy Bio-Tank, that should be interesting. Niether will get out of their tank to hurt the other so basically they'll just push each other around. :smt081

rejected.

Quote:

It would be better if the trajectory of the Bio-Tanks shot was higher. When trying to shoot far distances you can't see your target since your looking at the back of your tank. But that may be an intentional diadvantage, right?
EXACTLY right. We never queried Gorz on the second seat, but I'm assuming it is a "check and balance" type thing.

Everyone should keep in mind that making wide-ranging changes to an existing map is not the most prudent course.
There are always little things missed, and more importantly.. especially for a map like Minus that is well liked, the
potential to screw up the balance of the map. We went through 3 variations before this final of Minus appeared,
and all the changes were of the "minor" variety. In the end, it's a possibility that adding something like the Bio-Tank
might change the map to something that we, as a community don't like (don't think that will happen here.. just
using as an example)... in that case, it would be "back to the old drawing board".

Carp
Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
Gerbil
I'm Running In Ma Wheel

this sounds cool i have been waiting for new vehicles for a while

Gerbil
Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #8
Riddick69
Lord Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
Quote:

rejected.

Quote:

EXACTLY right. We never queried Gorz on the second seat, but I'm assuming it is a "check and balance" type thing.

Everyone should keep in mind that making wide-ranging changes to an existing map is not the most prudent course.
There are always little things missed, and more importantly.. especially for a map like Minus that is well liked, the
potential to screw up the balance of the map. We went through 3 variations before this final of Minus appeared,
and all the changes were of the "minor" variety. In the end, it's a possibility that adding something like the Bio-Tank
might change the map to something that we, as a community don't like (don't think that will happen here.. just
using as an example)... in that case, it would be "back to the old drawing board".

Carp
"So let it be written. So let it be done."

My UT3 Maps for PC/PS3
Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Quote:
Yus! So milord told me I'll go to the foot of our stairs! It should also give a team options for sneaking up and attacking the minotaur if these two tanks ever meet again on a different map. Lets assume for instance a map was in production that featured each team having 2 minotaurs each... all on uneven ground... with cover scattered around for tanks to hide out... minotaurs blitzing everything... wouldn't you need something to enable you to deal with that?

Quote:
So Bio-Tank can't kill enemy Bio-Tank, that should be interesting. Neither will get out of their tank to hurt the other so basically they'll just push each other around. :smt081
Or the drivers can hop out and fight. Of course whoever hops out first will likely be dissolved in goo, but don't tell him that. BTW, biotanks are immune to all goo. That's goo from enemy Biorifles too (but not scorpion strings).

Quote:
After a chat with the committee it was decided that the map was going into overtime frequently enough as it is. Adding yet more core defenses may have made the endgame of this unbearably long.

Quote:
Both of these points have to do with something you pointed out at the start of your post - that goo is lethal. In UT, all goo is lethal. You can get a good distance on the goo by pointing the barrel up, but its a lot of luck and a lot of skill to try and hit anything with it. This is a close range only weapon. This is the exact same reason it has no second seat. From a distance its pretty inoffensive. Even a guy with a shock rifle is more dangerous than a biotank over medium to long range. Up close its even MORE dangerous than a minotaur (as the minotaur cannot use its main gun at close range without committing suicide).

Quote:
Other then that this map should be better than it was before. Thanx for all your hard work.
No prob. And remember - if its not better we can always backtrack and try something different. If it turns out to be less than it was come back and explain why you think so.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #10
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Just got off the new TMU. The Biotank appears to be working out ok. I took out the enemies minotaur with it. On the other hand, it is EXTREMELY vulnerable to infantry and tanks at long range.

The mino appears to be working out fine. One big problem is people tend to whore it.

Still think there is room for perfection on TMU the map though. Core spawn times are among my chief concerns, but what we've learned from that will go into meadows.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught