Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #21
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Helix helicopter/transport

I have this working locally. It would need some server side packages added to run on Omni.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #22
Binger
.

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,544
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
I have this working locally. It would need some server side packages added to run on Omni.
Just curious why that is?
Binger is offline  
Old 09-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #23
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


There's some helix packages on Omni now, but I can't seem to make them work. I used the links you provided off that YouTube video, but there's textures, animations and such that are needed besides the .u file. It didn't seem to bring along those files when I loaded the .u file into mylevel.


There is a helicopter that's working, the APIV Predator with the files that are already on the redirect.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #24
Binger
.

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,544
Default
Reply With Quote


That's weird. It should have embedded those files when you embedded the helixesvFinal.u file. Did you have them in the correct folders that the game uses? After you're done you should see them in the asset browser under myLevel for each category. The other option would be to not embed the vehicle file and put them all on the redirect.

This stuff he says about "to add the helix to your server put serverpackages=HelixESVFinal in your ut2004.ini file under the other serverpackages lines" is unclear to me. I'm not sure why a vehicle would need to be added to the server. I think all the replication stuff is in the vehicle file.

Also that "chute" stuff is a different mutator. Idk what it is but I'm guessing it's not needed for the vehicle to work correctly.
Binger is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 01:18 AM   #25
Binger
.

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,544
Default
Reply With Quote


This pack has a helicopter in it...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ubersoldier-import-pack-v20


I think the G-Police pack has some large flyers...

https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-...stice-vehicles
Binger is offline  
Old 09-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #26
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
That's weird. It should have embedded those files when you embedded the helixesvFinal.u file. Did you have them in the correct folders that the game uses? After you're done you should see them in the asset browser under myLevel for each category. The other option would be to not embed the vehicle file and put them all on the redirect.

Yes, I think that the case, however, I've noticed a difference in the two ways to using a "new to the map" vehicle. The method of opening a map with it on it, doesn't seem to always bring in the dependent files (textures, meshes, animations), where as the obj load command does. For the rest of the mappers out there, if you get a vehicle that leaves "emitters" after a shot (I had this happen with Short Circuit and Plasma Tank) instead the usual effect--once I did the obj load it fixed it. Perhaps when you just select a vehicle from the previous map, if it uses other resources they don't necessarily get moved along. Or perhaps it depends how the stuff is packaged up in the first place.


Nice more good vehicles..and such. Thanks!
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #27
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


A suggestion that came in last night. Minus (yes we need another minus map) Minus-ArenaOnly. That's right Minus with mostly the same vehicles, basically the randomizer arena mode at 100% chance. Maybe rotate between Minos, Megas, Dragons, Windblades (j/k), and? At most I'd say 3-5 choices...especially because Megas shooting each other is so fun.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #28
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 820
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
A suggestion that came in last night. Minus (yes we need another minus map) Minus-ArenaOnly. That's right Minus with mostly the same vehicles, basically the randomizer arena mode at 100% chance. Maybe rotate between Minos, Megas, Dragons, Windblades (j/k), and? At most I'd say 3-5 choices...especially because Megas shooting each other is so fun.
I'd like to request tossing in a couple more all flyer/manta variations in... I'm already drooling over imagining the chaos of an all Falcon MTMU. All wyverns would be chaotic fun too with a couple dozen of them hopping around the rooftops, and just imagine all the pancakes and road kills. Either way, I'd do at least 5 or 6 variations so it doesn't get boring... maybe 3 all tank and 3 all flyer versions?
Enyo is offline  
Old 09-14-2020, 12:32 PM   #29
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 626
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
...especially because Megas shooting each other is so fun.

Hell yeah it was. Next time I see it I got to get a screenshot of a Mega sailing through the air over the buildings, LOL!
McLovin is offline  
Old 09-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #30
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 554
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Yes, I think that the case, however, I've noticed a difference in the two ways to using a "new to the map" vehicle. The method of opening a map with it on it, doesn't seem to always bring in the dependent files (textures, meshes, animations), where as the obj load command does. For the rest of the mappers out there, if you get a vehicle that leaves "emitters" after a shot (I had this happen with Short Circuit and Plasma Tank) instead the usual effect--once I did the obj load it fixed it. Perhaps when you just select a vehicle from the previous map, if it uses other resources they don't necessarily get moved along. Or perhaps it depends how the stuff is packaged up in the first place.


Nice more good vehicles..and such. Thanks!
Hellbender (or maybe Scorpion) arena would be cool. Or at least stuck on their variants, not just exactly one kind.

And as much as people joke about how crappy it would be, please include a link tank arena. That'd be friggin nuts the amount of teamwork and power people would generate with those all linked up.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 09-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #31
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 626
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
...please include a link tank arena. That'd be friggin nuts the amount of teamwork and power people would generate with those all linked up.

I don't think it works like that does it? I mean linking the link-tank that is linking something else. It doesn't juice the charge like it does when you are linked with people. At least that's what I tell people when they link me in the link-tank while I'm charging a node.
McLovin is offline  
Old 09-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #32
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
maybe 3 all tank and 3 all flyer versions?
Good idea. There's not much flexibility in choosing on Arena mode... it randomly picks from a list. Better to have TMU-Arena, Flier-Arena.


Quote:
I don't think it works like that does it?
The original link tank, no. I think the LinkTank 2.0 DOES work like that. I'd have to decompile and pull the code to check.


BTW. I have updates for

Kitchensink, Halloween (more tricks and treats, batteries for Windblade, and more vehicles), Aliens2 (Helix type dropship), DryIce (More vehicles including helicopter), Nevermore (removed the levi and added the shocker at termy's suggestion, and added a couple EONS scorps so its a bit different now that standard nevermore). In addition to TMU-Arena (in progress), Tricky (in progress) and Dria-Randomizer (in Progress). I'll probably upload them for testing standalone in a few days once I clean up a few things. Getting them on the server I need Mailbox or Analog.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #33
Bacteria
[OMNI]_Bacteria
 
Bacteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 79
Default
Reply With Quote


There's a map on the MIA vCTF server called Battlefront 2. This map contains 'mirage' vehicles. One is the Mirage Predator helo. Awesome flight controls and weapons. unlike anything we have on ONS. There's also some other cool 'mirage' type scorps, benders, and mantas. Might be a cool pack to get...
__________________
....Because remember, its the little things that kill
Send a message via AIM to Bacteria Bacteria is offline  
Old 09-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #34
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


I have a Predator helo, from Airpower..I've put it on a couple of new edits. Not sure if its the same...there's a couple of newer vehicles with multiple weapon types, and passenger capacity. I am nearly complete with a next set of maps for the server. Trying to do a bit more play testing to make sure the maps are mostly playable/even.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #35
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 554
Default
Reply With Quote


Pooty what's your paypal or venmo address? We should all be throwing you some cash for your time, I know I would. This is a game that we've all enjoyed essentially for free since 2004 and it's cool when someone steps up to put in some work toward keeping it fresh.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 09-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #36
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Pooty what's your paypal or venmo address? We should all be throwing you some cash for your time, I know I would. This is a game that we've all enjoyed essentially for free since 2004 and it's cool when someone steps up to put in some work toward keeping it fresh.

No worries. Save it for when we need gameserver hardware. I don't mind playing around with the maps...wish I'd have learned the quirks of the editor sooner.


And I'll just dropship this here:
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-18-2020, 06:28 PM   #37
Bacteria
[OMNI]_Bacteria
 
Bacteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 79
Default
Reply With Quote


I'm down to throw in on hardware server.
__________________
....Because remember, its the little things that kill
Send a message via AIM to Bacteria Bacteria is offline  
Old 09-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #38
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


Where would you like your Mino delivered?

{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 09-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #39
Bacteria
[OMNI]_Bacteria
 
Bacteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 79
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Where would you like your Mino delivered?
That's cool AF! Can someone be in the vehicle being carried?
__________________
....Because remember, its the little things that kill
Send a message via AIM to Bacteria Bacteria is offline  
Old 09-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #40
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 535
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Can someone be in the vehicle being carried?

Yes! And vehicles don't take falling damage! Fly over, drop a fully loaded mino.



You can even fire, but firing usually damages stuff...I haven't messed with it too much but maybe something like dragon 3rd seat or cicada 2nd with down facing turret might be fine.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.