Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 09-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #21
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Helix helicopter/transport

I have this working locally. It would need some server side packages added to run on Omni.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #22
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
I have this working locally. It would need some server side packages added to run on Omni.
Just curious why that is?
Old 09-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #23
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

There's some helix packages on Omni now, but I can't seem to make them work. I used the links you provided off that YouTube video, but there's textures, animations and such that are needed besides the .u file. It didn't seem to bring along those files when I loaded the .u file into mylevel.

There is a helicopter that's working, the APIV Predator with the files that are already on the redirect.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #24
Binger

That's weird. It should have embedded those files when you embedded the helixesvFinal.u file. Did you have them in the correct folders that the game uses? After you're done you should see them in the asset browser under myLevel for each category. The other option would be to not embed the vehicle file and put them all on the redirect.

This stuff he says about "to add the helix to your server put serverpackages=HelixESVFinal in your ut2004.ini file under the other serverpackages lines" is unclear to me. I'm not sure why a vehicle would need to be added to the server. I think all the replication stuff is in the vehicle file.

Also that "chute" stuff is a different mutator. Idk what it is but I'm guessing it's not needed for the vehicle to work correctly.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:18 AM   #25
Binger

This pack has a helicopter in it...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ubersoldier-import-pack-v20

I think the G-Police pack has some large flyers...

https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-...stice-vehicles
Old 09-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #26
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
That's weird. It should have embedded those files when you embedded the helixesvFinal.u file. Did you have them in the correct folders that the game uses? After you're done you should see them in the asset browser under myLevel for each category. The other option would be to not embed the vehicle file and put them all on the redirect.

Yes, I think that the case, however, I've noticed a difference in the two ways to using a "new to the map" vehicle. The method of opening a map with it on it, doesn't seem to always bring in the dependent files (textures, meshes, animations), where as the obj load command does. For the rest of the mappers out there, if you get a vehicle that leaves "emitters" after a shot (I had this happen with Short Circuit and Plasma Tank) instead the usual effect--once I did the obj load it fixed it. Perhaps when you just select a vehicle from the previous map, if it uses other resources they don't necessarily get moved along. Or perhaps it depends how the stuff is packaged up in the first place.

Nice more good vehicles..and such. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #27
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

A suggestion that came in last night. Minus (yes we need another minus map) Minus-ArenaOnly. That's right Minus with mostly the same vehicles, basically the randomizer arena mode at 100% chance. Maybe rotate between Minos, Megas, Dragons, Windblades (j/k), and? At most I'd say 3-5 choices...especially because Megas shooting each other is so fun.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #28
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
A suggestion that came in last night. Minus (yes we need another minus map) Minus-ArenaOnly. That's right Minus with mostly the same vehicles, basically the randomizer arena mode at 100% chance. Maybe rotate between Minos, Megas, Dragons, Windblades (j/k), and? At most I'd say 3-5 choices...especially because Megas shooting each other is so fun.
I'd like to request tossing in a couple more all flyer/manta variations in... I'm already drooling over imagining the chaos of an all Falcon MTMU. All wyverns would be chaotic fun too with a couple dozen of them hopping around the rooftops, and just imagine all the pancakes and road kills. Either way, I'd do at least 5 or 6 variations so it doesn't get boring... maybe 3 all tank and 3 all flyer versions?
Old 09-14-2020, 12:32 PM   #29
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
...especially because Megas shooting each other is so fun.

Hell yeah it was. Next time I see it I got to get a screenshot of a Mega sailing through the air over the buildings, LOL!
Old 09-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #30
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Yes, I think that the case, however, I've noticed a difference in the two ways to using a "new to the map" vehicle. The method of opening a map with it on it, doesn't seem to always bring in the dependent files (textures, meshes, animations), where as the obj load command does. For the rest of the mappers out there, if you get a vehicle that leaves "emitters" after a shot (I had this happen with Short Circuit and Plasma Tank) instead the usual effect--once I did the obj load it fixed it. Perhaps when you just select a vehicle from the previous map, if it uses other resources they don't necessarily get moved along. Or perhaps it depends how the stuff is packaged up in the first place.

Nice more good vehicles..and such. Thanks!
Hellbender (or maybe Scorpion) arena would be cool. Or at least stuck on their variants, not just exactly one kind.

And as much as people joke about how crappy it would be, please include a link tank arena. That'd be friggin nuts the amount of teamwork and power people would generate with those all linked up.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:38 PM   #31
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
...please include a link tank arena. That'd be friggin nuts the amount of teamwork and power people would generate with those all linked up.

I don't think it works like that does it? I mean linking the link-tank that is linking something else. It doesn't juice the charge like it does when you are linked with people. At least that's what I tell people when they link me in the link-tank while I'm charging a node.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #32
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
maybe 3 all tank and 3 all flyer versions?
Good idea. There's not much flexibility in choosing on Arena mode... it randomly picks from a list. Better to have TMU-Arena, Flier-Arena.

Quote:
I don't think it works like that does it?
The original link tank, no. I think the LinkTank 2.0 DOES work like that. I'd have to decompile and pull the code to check.

BTW. I have updates for

Kitchensink, Halloween (more tricks and treats, batteries for Windblade, and more vehicles), Aliens2 (Helix type dropship), DryIce (More vehicles including helicopter), Nevermore (removed the levi and added the shocker at termy's suggestion, and added a couple EONS scorps so its a bit different now that standard nevermore). In addition to TMU-Arena (in progress), Tricky (in progress) and Dria-Randomizer (in Progress). I'll probably upload them for testing standalone in a few days once I clean up a few things. Getting them on the server I need Mailbox or Analog.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #33
Bacteria
[OMNI]_Bacteria

There's a map on the MIA vCTF server called Battlefront 2. This map contains 'mirage' vehicles. One is the Mirage Predator helo. Awesome flight controls and weapons. unlike anything we have on ONS. There's also some other cool 'mirage' type scorps, benders, and mantas. Might be a cool pack to get...
Old 09-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #34
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I have a Predator helo, from Airpower..I've put it on a couple of new edits. Not sure if its the same...there's a couple of newer vehicles with multiple weapon types, and passenger capacity. I am nearly complete with a next set of maps for the server. Trying to do a bit more play testing to make sure the maps are mostly playable/even.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #35
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Pooty what's your paypal or venmo address? We should all be throwing you some cash for your time, I know I would. This is a game that we've all enjoyed essentially for free since 2004 and it's cool when someone steps up to put in some work toward keeping it fresh.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #36
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Pooty what's your paypal or venmo address? We should all be throwing you some cash for your time, I know I would. This is a game that we've all enjoyed essentially for free since 2004 and it's cool when someone steps up to put in some work toward keeping it fresh.

No worries. Save it for when we need gameserver hardware. I don't mind playing around with the maps...wish I'd have learned the quirks of the editor sooner.

And I'll just dropship this here:
Old 09-18-2020, 06:28 PM   #37
Bacteria
[OMNI]_Bacteria

I'm down to throw in on hardware server.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #38
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Where would you like your Mino delivered?

Old 09-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #39
Bacteria
[OMNI]_Bacteria

Quote:
Where would you like your Mino delivered?
That's cool AF! Can someone be in the vehicle being carried?
Old 09-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #40
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Can someone be in the vehicle being carried?

Yes! And vehicles don't take falling damage! Fly over, drop a fully loaded mino.

You can even fire, but firing usually damages stuff...I haven't messed with it too much but maybe something like dragon 3rd seat or cicada 2nd with down facing turret might be fine.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught