Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 06-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #61
Skyline
Just Registered

I have a modified version of both the Hurricane and Hammerhead ready for a new version of Grit Nights TMU for DW (I'm working on the other vehicles at the moment). The email in the Advanced Armor readme is dead now, but it looks like the creator gave up on UT a few years ago anyway and I doubt he'd have much of a problem with a couple of his vehicles (the other being the Nexis) being bug-fixed and balanced. Anyway, these are the current changes for the first release:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change Log
General
- Missing damage types created so that stats show the correct vehicles and death messages are more informative
- Improved bot support for vehicles and vehicle weaponry across the board

Hurricane
- Health decreased to 1050 from 1250
- Shell refire interval increased to 2.15 seconds from 1.8 seconds, rocket refire interval increased to 0.55 seconds from 0.5
- Max thrust reduced to 90 from 100 and max steer torque to 75 from 100
- The 'box' collision model is now slightly taller, which should help with the projectile collision issues
- Respawn time increased to 45 seconds from 30
- Rockets give a lock-on message to foot soldiers as well as vehicles
- Rocket lifetime cut to 6 seconds from 8, momentum transfer to 30,000 from 50,000
- Turret does a fixed damage of 30 per hit rather than varying between 35 and 55, and a MomentumTransfer of 15,000 instead of 0
- Corona now shows the correct team colour before it becomes occupied
- Turret's name changed to “Hurricane Turret” from “Hurricane Minigun Turret”
- Vehicle lights change to the correct colour when the vehicle is hijacked
- Projectile now spawns a much larger, more fitting decal
- Fixed rockets spawning from the centre after a shell had been fired (and vice versa)

Hammerhead
- Minigun fire mode now works online (done before Crusha created his fix)
- New collision model
- Has a wider entry radius to make it accessible from the front
- Increased the collision radius, making it easier to jump out the vehicle
- Now spawns a Cicada's death effect rather than a Raptor's
- Bots will not get into it temporarily, will be changed back once air pathing is set up on GritNights

Bear in mind DW players have been used to the 'standard' Hurricane form for a few years now, so I don't want to nerf it too much to begin with out of fear of endless whining. However, to me it seems a pretty balanced now for a vehicle that usually only spawns at cores. The knockback effect is the same on the Hammerhead for now since shock-based weapons are the only real counter to it on DW's TankMeUp maps, but I have no idea how the sheer number of vehicle changes is going to effect that kind of thing yet, so we'll see. I'll upload the source for them if anyone wants it, but the Hammerhead hitbox change means I need to pry the model from all the other tank resources.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #62
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Can you upload the hammerhead here? I can pull the model if it's too convulted (conveluted? convaluted?). I'll leave it unchanged from your version bar for bunging on a pair of (ungunned) passenger seats and changing the asthetics a bit (I've got some skins here for it courtesy of true-troj).
Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #63
Skyline
Just Registered

Current Hammerhead and Resources.

Last edited by Skyline; 06-17-2011 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #64
Binger

You guys know Crusha did a redo on the Hammerhead, right? I think he created a new mesh and team colored skins...

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...ght=hammerhead
Old 06-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #65
Skyline
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
You guys know Crusha did a redo on the Hammerhead, right? I think he created a new mesh and team colored skins...

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...ght=hammerhead
Yup, but I actually made all but one of the changes I mentioned two months before he released his version (but went on a UT hiatus before actually doing anything with them) and the vivid skin would contrast pretty heavily with the rest of the DW tanks anyway. Gorz is just using the fixes missing from Crusha's version.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #66
TrueTrojan
Getting there...

Here is my (quick) crack at the Hammerhead... although I've noticed some areas that need more shading. Unfortunately we don't have time to remap the textures, because they're stretched in all the wrong places, but she's a lot prettier now (imho) at least.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #67
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

V6b on the server and redirect. Available here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20454019/Desert.rar

Thanks to Gorz, Skyline and Oily.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #68
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Actual map changes are all the new lovely little snuggly bubbly wuvvy badgers floating aroundy woundy to chewwy wewwy your little minotaursies up.

Arbalest has had another missile added, the cluster bomb, which will drop a load of little bomblets on impact or manual detonation. NOTE: As with the incendiary bomb, this as a very weak blast, even weaker than the incendiary bomb. So if you are continually whacking a kraken somewhere and don't seem to be doing an awful lot to hurt it this be why. This missile does fly faster than the others, so is excellent for long range surveillance. It is also good for detonating above clusters of the enemy. You probably won't kill anyone underneath, but you will likely weaken some.

Goliaths will respawn faster.

We've got hammerheads which should be better now. Extra seats (thanks to fuzzy slippers), new paint job (thanks to trojian), and a slew of bugfixes (thanks to Skyline).
Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #69
WailofSuicide
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTrojan View Post
Here is my (quick) crack at the Hammerhead... although I've noticed some areas that need more shading. Unfortunately we don't have time to remap the textures, because they're stretched in all the wrong places, but she's a lot prettier now (imho) at least.

Sweet paint job on that thing Trojan.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #70
Sam151B
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorzakk View Post

We've got hammerheads which should be better now. Extra seats (thanks to fuzzy slippers), new paint job (thanks to trojian), and a slew of bugfixes (thanks to Skyline).

Awesome. Quite the team.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #71
Beth

Wow another "changed map". I like this map alot the only little smidgen that gets me is how thick that fog is. Last night I was at the node (I forgot which but my team was building and I was getting ready to hit the core with the ion tank and it worked, but the second time the opposing teams MINO was there and just kept killing me instantly!! I know you can adjust your fog in the settings but I've tried to do that for this map and it doesn't work. Why can the MINO get a bullseye shot on me but I cannot see him?

Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #72
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
Wow another "changed map". I like this map alot the only little smidgen that gets me is how thick that fog is. Last night I was at the node (I forgot which but my team was building and I was getting ready to hit the core with the ion tank and it worked, but the second time the opposing teams MINO was there and just kept killing me instantly!! I know you can adjust your fog in the settings but I've tried to do that for this map and it doesn't work. Why can the MINO get a bullseye shot on me but I cannot see him?
I'll roll the fog distance back a bit for any future versions.

I'm also working on a method to make the Balista more.... balistaey.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #73
foibos
Getting there...

Could you replace the Paladins with something less silly please? They drive every driver crazy. At least try the EONS Paladins, they're faster. I'm sure that Wail will agree.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #74
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibos View Post
Could you replace the Paladins with something less silly please? They drive every driver crazy. At least try the EONS Paladins, they're faster. I'm sure that Wail will agree.
That might work. Ehm, I forgot to increase their respawn times. They are only really intended to hold a node long enough for spawners to come in or defenders to arrive, not really be useful for moving from node to node. In that they are not much worse than aegises, maybe they are even better as they do infact have a slightly faster shield regeneration rate. They are just pretty useless at actual combat.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #75
foibos
Getting there...

But could be less stressful than the old Paladins. There is something very wrong with Hammerheads textures, they're often transparent, almost invisible, for example when I hit them. The previous Crusha's or Kamek's ones with team colors were fine. You have also no information about the passenger onboard. I miss few Dragons on the map - you said they're generating some garbage in server log, but this actually doesn't matter, because there is always some garbage and what's important, they don't crash it.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #76
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

There were never any dragons on this map.

As for the hammerhead skins, they could probably do with some precaching. I'll try to put that into the vehicle.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #77
Skyline
Just Registered

I just checked the texture file, and the skin transparency problem is caused by the team-skin textures (which are part of the overall Combiners) having their alpha property set to true. I presumed setting it to false would ruin the combiners but they seem to be OK. Fixing it probably means redistributing the texture file though, although it's technically possible to use a hack to set the property in the code itself.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #78
WailofSuicide
Just Registered

Doubtful it has to do anything with precaching. Depending on your Shader / FinalBlend there can be some bad interactions when overlay textures are applied (e.g. Shock, Link, or Lightning hit effects), I know I've seen similar issues when working with monster skins.

Also feel free to use any of my vehicles in maps, although the Scorpions are the most complete. Hellbenders and Paladins/Crusaders may get some updates shortly.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #79
Turbo K
Community Veteran

What's the difference between the EONS Paladin and Crusader?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #80
WailofSuicide
Just Registered

The Paladins are designed to fit into the stock UT2004 balance, Crusaders are designed to be more competitive in an amped up TankMeUp environment (Fire faster, speed increased, faster recharging shield, etc.)

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught