Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 02-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Q
Bawls?

Exclamation Public TeamSqueak Server

FYI.

We have a public TeamSpeak server online for anyone who wants to use it. Feel free to hop in, and encourage others to join you. I bet it's a lot easier than yelling in voice chat!

Info:

Server: voice.omnipotents.com
Port: 23000

No password needed. ONS server admins will have admin access to this voice server shortly.

Q.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Saucypants
Mostly Harmless

Brilliant!

Q, I take back all the bad things I said about you.

For those new to TS, take off auto voice activation and assign it to the CTRL key so you don't get dingdingding etc from a buffer overrun on your keyboard.

In the server IP field put
voice.omnipotents.com:23000
-or-
(69.65.20.148:23000)

Q, could you make a(AS) Hangout and an (ONS) Hangout (and (DM) as well) sections if we just feel like BS'ing with our mates?

Again, for those not familiar with Teamspeak, it's a voice-chat forum you can use in-game but mostly just if you're hanging out because 'Evergreen' or the like is currently running on the server and you're waiting for the next map. A ton of fun and a great way to get to know each other a lot better.

I'll be in there as much as I can, and I hope we can adopt it in-game as well. It has sections for blue team and red, and works alongside the in-game chat.

Rock on.

OMNIPOTENTS TEAMSPEAK SERVER: voice.omnipotents.com:23000
CLIENT: http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads
Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
steve
Server Sponsor

Most of the AS crowd that TS's does so on the iX voice server, same address, port 17777.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Saucypants
Mostly Harmless

Default Oh yeah...

http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads

OMNIPOTENTS TEAMSPEAK SERVER: voice.omnipotents.com:23000
CLIENT: http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads
Old 02-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
Q
Bawls?

Will do.

We can host a Ventrilo server as well, but since newer versions are not free, we use an older client. If everyone would like to use better quality client, Vent is the way to go.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
Q
Bawls?

OK. Saucy is now a TS admin
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

Remember that voice chat on the ONS server is enabled. IE no 3rd party softwere is needed to voice chat in ONS games.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
Q
Bawls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ghtmare View Post
Remember that voice chat on the ONS server is enabled. IE no 3rd party softwere is needed to voice chat in ONS games.
Yep, but we can disable it to get you all to join TeamSpeak! It only takes a click!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
Stormblade
HARBINGER

Congrats Saucy!

Time is a wonderful teacher, unfortunately, it eventually kills all of its students.

My UT Maps
My UnWheel Maps, 6 within the BonusPack v1
Old 02-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
The_Loegrus
Loudest Member

Ok, loaded up and thanks to Steve and Saucy I got everything working.

Perused the manual.

How does it know "In Game" that I only want to talk to the Reds or only the Blues etc? Nothing jumped out at me on that.

Is it some how interconnected with the UT server? One map I'm blue, the next I'm red etc... does it switch automatically?

I mean sometimes I want to talk to the opposing team...normally to tease someone (Riddick69) who is determined to kill me and is failing miserably (Jdub) or let them know how much I appreciate their shiny manta (N1ghtmare) :-)

But generally I want to just talk to my team etc etc.

Thanks

The_Loegrus

Oh yeah... it's pronounced LOW-Grus
Old 02-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #11
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

The ingame VOIP is easily abused, terrible quality, as well as possible performance issues. Does anyone know if the UT VOIP is on a different thread and/or gets hooked by the UT engine code?

Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #12
Q
Bawls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Loegrus View Post
Ok, loaded up and thanks to Steve and Saucy I got everything working.

Perused the manual.

How does it know "In Game" that I only want to talk to the Reds or only the Blues etc? Nothing jumped out at me on that.

Is it some how interconnected with the UT server? One map I'm blue, the next I'm red etc... does it switch automatically?

I mean sometimes I want to talk to the opposing team...normally to tease someone (Riddick69) who is determined to kill me and is failing miserably (Jdub) or let them know how much I appreciate their shiny manta (N1ghtmare) :-)

But generally I want to just talk to my team etc etc.

Thanks

The_Loegrus

You can use binds to change your channel while you're in game. I don't think there's any other way.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #13
AyEyE
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrak View Post
The ingame VOIP is easily abused, terrible quality, as well as possible performance issues. Does anyone know if the UT VOIP is on a different thread and/or gets hooked by the UT engine code?
I don't know, but we had a long thread going a while back about the UT VOIP possibly causing lag. If this fixes it, then .
Old 02-19-2007, 05:19 AM   #14
steve
Server Sponsor

Basically, when you just want to talk to the "reds" or the "blues", you change to the channel with that name - sorta like in UT's voip, except that's it - lobby (you can just join the ONS channel and stay color-neutral), red, or blue. No local or per-person chatter, unless you make special channels in TS on the fly (I doubt it).
Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #15
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

on the down side, (AFAIK) there i nothing keeping a blue player from "spying" on the red team via TS. (and vise versa) Kinda takes some of the sportsmanship out it if you constantly know then the other team is launching nukes, or annouceing the postion of crtical vehicals, or crtical node status...

Old 02-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #16
its not 1337, its 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Loegrus View Post
bout time you let us know...I even did a dam google search on it to try and find the proper way to say it.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #17
its not 1337, its 337

Quote:
on the down side, (AFAIK) there i nothing keeping a blue player from "spying" on the red team via TS. (and vise versa) Kinda takes some of the sportsmanship out it if you constantly know then the other team is launching nukes, or annouceing the postion of crtical vehicals, or crtical node status...
but that would be cheating...
Old 02-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #18
steve
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Nonsense. Get yourself teamspeak overlay (http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/) and you can see who joins your channel. If you see anybody on the other team, ask him to leave. If they create a problem, that's what server admins are for (myself, saucy, q).
Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #19
The_Loegrus
Loudest Member

Ok, but do I want to be kicking out of Unreal to check/edit/bind teamspeak all the time? Or looking for idiots not of my color...yet in my room?

"Hold on guys don't leave the core until I rebind you I'll BRB"

Even with the new machine, it's still a pain in the butt. (shamelessly plugs his new asskicking rig)

Note: (The Windows key should be banned from all keyboards by the way and sent to the lowest level of the nine hells...somewhere around the "Bette Midler/Roseanne Bar Plane" .)

I'm NOT downgrading the product, but it seems impractical to use this in replacement of the built in audio...which has worked fine for me.

I know game admins have that problem where if they talk in "admin mode" the rest of the game, they are public. But that's quite infrequent.

I don't need to hear you folks in dolby stereo. "Look Out for the Fricken Deemer!!!!" is fine even hissing.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool thing if you feel like hanging around bullsh*tting in a forum environment, but I don't think it should be used as a replacement on a public frequently changing gaming server.

If your doing Clan maneuvers where the teams are set/solid; sure, great product.

Don't bash me Saucy-I'm just being honest and calling it like I see it

The_Loegrus
Old 02-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #20
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

well if i had to guess they are looking at other ways to effectivly "admin" the VOIP side as your only resort currently (useing the ingame chat) is to kick/ban people.

with a third party client you can better manage "offenders".

but thats purly my speculative WFG

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught