Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 05-23-2018, 12:24 AM   #41
Binger

It doesn't matter. I saw SlaughterU the other day pushing all the vehicles off of the platform in F&F. I called him out on it and he used the classic asshole line of "calm down". You know, the thing people do when they don't have a legit excuse for their actions. They tell you to stop complaining and make it seem like you are overreacting instead of actually trying to defend the douche-bag things they are doing. Deflecting. I thought about reporting him but what's the point anymore.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #42
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
It doesn't matter. I saw SlaughterU the other day pushing all the vehicles off of the platform in F&F. I called him out on it and he used the classic asshole line of "calm down". You know, the thing people do when they don't have a legit excuse for their actions. They tell you to stop complaining and make it seem like you are overreacting instead of actually trying to defend the douche-bag things they are doing. Deflecting. I thought about reporting him but what's the point anymore.
Naw, there is a point, please report when you think it is warranted. Gotta keep those bitches in-line else this whole server will go to shit in a heart-beat.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but not if I see it repeatedly over a period of different days. I want to have evidence, screen captures, etc, to document, not just hearsay.

BTW: Binger, get your ass on the Facebook group, you're one of the good guys, a keeper, hate to lose contact with yas when this all goes south.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:38 AM   #43
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Naw, there is a point, please report when you think it is warranted. Gotta keep those bitches in-line else this whole server will go to shit in a heart-beat.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but not if I see it repeatedly over a period of different days. I want to have evidence, screen captures, etc, to document, not just hearsay.

BTW: Binger, get your ass on the Facebook group, you're one of the good guys, a keeper, hate to lose contact with yas when this all goes south.
Appreciate the enthusiasm McLovin, but I think the server is unfortunately already going to shit, just a little slower than a heart beat. Even Friday and Saturday nights are often dead after 10pm now, with only a few dedicated players on, whereas a year ago you could expect a full server even at 1am. And if it is full, easily 3/4 of the players are total fuck-offs that don't actually play as team and tool around doing their own thing. To make things worse, many of those fuckers are also text chat trolls.

Nature of a game you can buy in the bargain bin for $2 I guess, but it would be nice if Carpe and the other Omni gods would bestow some admin powers to some actual regular players. The type of shit Binger mentioned has become rampant simply because there is virtually zero policing of player's actions anymore. And I understand the previous need for the old rules of screenshots and evidence to take admin action on someone when this community was much much larger, but Carpe et al. should considers loosening the demands on their admins to file reports, provide evidence or whatever they have to do to justify a kick or ban. I've seen comments from more than one admin that they sometimes don't kick/ban players because they don't want to have to deal with the ensuing red tape, or they simply don't want to have to stop playing to go take screenshots or record.

If everyone on a team is pleading with an admin to kick someone because they're idle, not playing or just plain fucking around, a present admin should no longer have to leave the game to go spec the asshat... just session kick them with a warning of why. I have never witnessed a team trying to get someone kicked for any nefarious reasons. And no, nobody has tried to get someone kicked because they have a low score, it is ALWAYS because we have witnessed someone sabotaging their own team, sleeping at the core or acting like the Roger of old. And I'm sorry, but if you're 10-15 minutes into a match and you have zero points, you're doing jack shit and need to go... not low score, but no score after a period of time should be kicked.

So, all that said I nominate the following as potential new admins:
McLovin
Binger
Sarge
Spoon
Dognuts

I know none of them want the job, but these are all reasonable level-headed people that play regularly and would act fairly. But some of them may be willing to take it on if they aren't bound by a bunch of red tape to take quick action during a game. Note I did not put myself in that list, I'm well aware that I would not be very judicious.

Last edited by Enyo; 05-23-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Old 05-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #44
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
...Nature of a game you can buy in the bargain bin for $2 I guess,...
Today it's on sale for free.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11622255-un...free-gog-steam

Posted by Sarge, today, in the Facebook group. Another reason to get your asses over there, haha!
Old 05-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #45
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:

McLovin

What??? LOL. I mean, I agree with everyone else... But holy shit, that one.

God is that funny.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:33 PM   #46
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

God is that funny.
Fuck you Terminator, haha! Enyo was just being polite, it's my thread.

There should be more sheriffs onboard, but thinking about who would want it?
The ones that want it are ineligible because they are jack asses and egotists to begin with. The ones that are eligible and level headed, don't want the head aches required.

My suggestion is reduce the kick-vote count and let the players take care of the trolls.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #47
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Perhaps I'm ignorant of what it takes to be an admin... but what is involved in making someone an admin and for them to be able to kick someone mid-game? What are the action steps?

Just grant another 4-5 people admin capabilities and if they abuse the power, then take it away?

Also Binger, yeah I saw him do that too on f/f.
"I dont like this map so i'm going to try to get my team to lose"
So lame...
Old 05-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #48
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:

God is that funny.
When like 60% of the server have someone on ignore they maybe should not be eligible to be an admin.

A
Old 05-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #49
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:

Binger
Sarge
Spoon
Dognuts
Good list, they would all make proper Admins.

Quote:
The ones that want it are ineligible because they are jack asses and egotists to begin with.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #50
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Good list, they would all make proper Admins.
You have the subtlety of a 2 year old.

I have long said I do not want to be an admin. I have no desire to do it. Also, I basically don't play. A server needs admins active in the community.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:28 PM   #51
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Perhaps I'm ignorant of what it takes to be an admin...
They take a lot of heat, because of in-action, or un-approved action, and then the criticism. We all want to play without those distractions.

Side effects: Current admins play, but under aliases so nobody can bother them, so they can just enjoy the game and play.

Lagzilla, Love your intentions, not your methods, wish the best for yas. Best-in-class, map-builder-extraordinare, call-em-out when ya see it, does it quick when necessary. You'll do well on any server you make your home. Keep the biatches in-line.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #52
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
They take a lot of heat, because of in-action, or un-approved action, and then the criticism. We all want to play without those distractions.
Side effects: Current admins play, but under aliases so nobody can bother them, so they can just enjoy the game and play.
I hope that's the case. At least 3 moved on to other games, from what I can tell.

A
Old 05-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #53
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:

God is that funny.
It's one thing to disagree. Then there's this: being a giant dick about it.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #54
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Takes one to spot another
Old 05-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #55
dognuts
Just Registered

Thanks for the vote of confidence Enyo. I'd be happy to try my hand at being an Admin if I have people's confidence. I agree with Enyo though that I wouldn't want a bunch of red tape. There are people routinely pissing around that could use a kick in the ass to put them on the straight and narrow. Anyway, I'm game to try to help out with the server any way I can. It's been awesome being part of the community over the years.

dognuts
Old 05-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #56
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post

Quote:
Takes one to spot another

Crap, it would seem that Termy just hit his 'Angry Teenager' phase.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #57
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence Enyo. I'd be happy to try my hand at being an Admin if I have people's confidence. I agree with Enyo though that I wouldn't want a bunch of red tape. There are people routinely pissing around that could use a kick in the ass to put them on the straight and narrow. Anyway, I'm game to try to help out with the server any way I can. It's been awesome being part of the community over the years.

dognuts
You'd make a great admin; can't be any worse than some of the others. You're reasonable; fair and humble. And you let me kill you!
Old 05-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #58
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

Plus, Dognuts has a position named after him. That's worth something.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #59
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
When like 60% of the server have someone on ignore they maybe should not be eligible to be an admin.

A
You got a poll or is that another one of your TROLL rants. F U Lagzilla. I only have 3 on my current list of ignores, and YOU are on the top of MY list.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:03 AM   #60
Xexx

Quote:

McLovin
Binger
Sarge
Spoon
Dognuts
The only ones on that list that don't get needlessly pissy on a regular basis are Spoon and McLovin, the others want to dictate your play and make their own rules, hell Sarge breaks the rules on a consistent basis with the strategic team joins, spinning the mino out, harassment, etc.

Dognuts isn't around much anyway, so that seems kinda pointless.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught