Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 02-27-2018, 09:16 PM   #21
Binger

Hey Spike the in game chat is kind of a pita. I'll probably start using discord. You don't want me in teams yet anyway. I'm so bad at this game. I need at least a few more hours practice and then I'll be asking you to play some duos.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #22
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Hey Spike the in game chat is kind of a pita.
What is difficult about it? Is it the push to talk button or that you have to push to talk? That can be turned off and you just speak freely. When we played you sounded crystal clear.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:33 AM   #23
Binger

Because I'm old and everything new is scary and confusing.

I don't understand what a party is in the game. They have that in UT4 also but it doesn't have voice chat so I thought it was just for getting into games together. Like you could click on their name and go straight to the server they were playing on. It might work that way. I don't remember. I think it did. Maybe it also had text chat or something. We used Lag's teamspeak so it was easy to organize getting on the same server and I didn't see the point of the party thing. Plus Epic is so bad at not explaining anything in their games. I mean like "this is what this does". Their xp, star, badge, level, tier stuff is not very intuitive for me and it seems there's no info from them for stuff like that on Fortnite just like on UT4. When I open the launcher and you're playing it has a small transparent pop-up in the launcher that shows you online and playing Fortnite if you are. That's kind of cool. I like that but I can also double click it and I get a text chat screen. I can also click my friends list and click you name and click Whisper. So cute. What a waste. Who would use that most very basic text chat system built into the game launcher to get organized with other players when they're probably already running discord. So then I launch the game and get another friends list in the game that, just like UT4, is very similar to the one in the launcher and ugly AF. Are they fucking connected. I don't know. If I'm in one of those 1990's chat screens from the launcher with someone and then I launch the game is that chat going to transfer into one built into the game or am I going to have to alt-tab back to respond or shut it down? Fuck all that. If they're going to include text chat they need to make it awesome and intuitive and make sure it works well. It also needs to be integrated well with voice chat. They're whole system seems very basic and is disappointing. Yeah the game is actually pre-release but I think the social/friends functioning could be way better.

What I would like is to have lots of options from the launcher. In fact I think they should integrate the voice chat into the launcher. If you had a lot of friends playing it would be easier if the launcher was more of a lobby with stuff like player status and text and voice chat. Even stats from the game. Best though would be able to click on someone's name and be able to launch whatever game they are in and connect to their voice channel, depending one some things of course. That way I don't have to wonder if I'm supposed to invite you to a party to voice chat with you or if I need to queue up a match with you or if everyone on my friends list is always connected to my voice chat channel or whatever. Idk. Screw it. Oh and there's nothing on my screen that tells me that I'm in an active voice chat channel and who is in there also. I wasn't even at my desk and I heard your voice coming through my headset. I was like wtf was that. Then, uh, Hello? Anyone there? There's nothing on my screen about this. Fucking Epic. I love them but I hate them.

That was fun but here's a something a little more off topic that I think is a positive. On their main Epic games website they have four links under the main picture. There's Fortnite of course and the engine itself then there's a dev grant link but there is also Unreal Tournament. They have a banner across the top with all the games but UT gets extra attention there alongside Fortnite. This stands out even more to me when viewing on the phone. I don't know how long it's been like that but I take it as a good sign for UT that it's there.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #24
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

I guess what is most frustrating to me is that I can't practice killing people. I spend ten minutes flying in, gathering stuff, getting set up, and then BOOM I'm dead instantly. Occasionally I get the chance to get a shot or two off, but it doesn't seem like my shots ever kill anyone. And I get to try one or two shots every fifteen minutes. At that rate, I don't see how I'm going to get better...
Old 03-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #25
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmallBerries View Post
I guess what is most frustrating to me is that I can't practice killing people. I spend ten minutes flying in, gathering stuff, getting set up, and then BOOM I'm dead instantly. Occasionally I get the chance to get a shot or two off, but it doesn't seem like my shots ever kill anyone. And I get to try one or two shots every fifteen minutes. At that rate, I don't see how I'm going to get better...
Yep. At first I would drop in away from people and spend a lot of time gathering weapons and materials only to be killed by the first person I saw. So I decided to land in the popular areas and just see if I could get a quick kill or at least do some damage and survive for 30 seconds. You don't spend nearly as long in the map but the time you do spend is more concentrated on learning how to get a weapon and aim and move around quickly under stress in close quarters. I really don't like that and I don't think it's the way to the end game so I only did it a few times but it helped me. Last few matches I've been trying to land in a popular area but not the one where I think most players went. Kind of the middle ground. That way I usually get a fight right away and if I survive I only have a few more people to worry about in my area since most of them got killed right away.

If you want to practice building or just shooting at trees land near the edge. I tried jumping out as soon as I could and then pointing backwards towards the water and land as far from the bus path as possible left or right along the edge of the island. You get behind most players that way. You usually have to run from the storm but no biggy if you just want to practice building and stuff.

Also, use the time on spawn island. Grab a gun and learn its recoil and just pick a landmark or player and try to keep the crosshairs on them. It's also a good place to practice building, keybinds, mouse sensitivity.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:02 AM   #26
hardspike
Server Admin

Having a tough time tonight. I think there may be better players out there tonight (Friday night), or I just can't get anything going.

Had a little better luck. Still searching for my first solo win. Just came in 5th. Came in 2nd the other night. Both times I fucked up and might have done better, even won one of them, IF I had gone into a fight with my weapon fully loaded.

On my second place finish I had a grenade launcher. Was ready to spam a guy with it. It holds 8 at a time. I fired the first one. When it came time for the second one..... reloading.... arggghh!!! He got away and ended up getting me later.

Tonight I rushed a guy, had the jump on him but lost the fight. At the time something felt off, the tactical shotgun wasn't firing at it's normal fast rate, something was off. I went back and watched my video and noticed I started with 3 rounds. When I went to fire the 4th and subsequent shots it was pausing to reload each shell. I'm confident that I would have won that fight if my gun was fully loaded.

Last edited by hardspike; 03-03-2018 at 02:00 AM..
Old 03-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #27
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
I guess what is most frustrating to me is that I can't practice killing people. I spend ten minutes flying in, gathering stuff, getting set up, and then BOOM I'm dead instantly.
First thing is learning to land fast. You gotta get to your landing place about the same time everyone else does. If you show up late they'll all have guns and shields and you won't have any chance if they see you. But if you can land as fast as others you have a shot.

Getting a shotgun at the start is your highest priority. Shotguns don't spawn in chests, ever. Some players think it's best to land on roofs and open chests. Others think you go in low and find a shotgun first. I like that method right now. I also prefer the tactical shotgun over the pump. The pump does a lot more damage but doesn't fire very fast, miss one shot you may have time for one more. Miss two and you're dead.

Also, gather wood as soon as you can and learn to build 1x1 square wall structures 3 levels high. You always want to get high ground as soon as you can. Also, throw up a quick wooden wall or two as soon as you take fire is crucial too.

One more thought. Play Squads or Duos with random people (or people you know). A shot that would kill you and put you out of the game in Solo would just knock you in Duos or Squads. A teammate might be able to revive you and keep playing on.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #28
Binger

I'm playing right now. Spike's in there. Anyone else????
Old 03-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #29
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Ok I tried it. 1 kill in my 3. battle the first two I couldn't find any weapons.. best was #4 but there I was just near the eye and it was far away from all others.
The guy who fraged me won it.. he just build a tower within 3 seconds.. jumping up building flour under himselve in the air.
I also once get killed bye the storm as I didn't know how to run... a tutorial would be fine.
My GPU was at 80C (GTX570).. the performance was actually fine. Not my favorite controll system.

I also send some friend request to the once here mentioned.. I named myselve "Miauz55555" there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I'm playing right now. Spike's in there. Anyone else????
Old 03-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #30
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

I'm JhnSmallBerries on there (note the lack of an "o"... JohnSmallBerries was already taken).
Old 03-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #31
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
I also send some friend request to the once here mentioned.. I named myselve "Miauz55555" there.
Got it, request accepted.

Quote:
I'm JhnSmallBerries on there (note the lack of an "o"... JohnSmallBerries was already taken).
Friend request sent.

Binger and I had some fun last night, played a few Duo matches. Then some kid on my friends list popped in and we played Squads. Squads is good for learning. You can get knocked down, but not killed and teammate can revive you. In Solo the same damage would be the final kill and take you out of the game.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #32
hardspike
Server Admin

Me and JohnSmallBerries getting pwned by a couple of twitch streamers...

https://clips.twitch.tv/CourageousGi..._medium=create
Old 03-05-2018, 06:06 AM   #33
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Old 03-05-2018, 07:10 AM   #34
hardspike
Server Admin

Are you showing us the painting on the wall? Is it a UT2K4 thing?
Old 03-05-2018, 07:23 AM   #35
TheSage
Shredder of Reality

Having finally got my PC up and running (it survived a plane journey in a suitcase somehow), I saw this thread yesterday and thought I'd give it a go. I won't lie, I am pretty bad at it but it is good fun when you survive long enough to grab a weapon. If anyone wants to be buddies my username is TheSage. You might also get to see me in the UT server a bit more often now too, although I can't say I'm any better at ONS to be honest.

Long live Assault
Old 03-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #36
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Are you showing us the painting on the wall? Is it a UT2K4 thing?

The art is of the map CTF-Face, a UTxxxx map. Thought it was a nice nod!

http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/CTF-Face

Andrew
Old 03-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #37
Binger

The picture on the left is also from an Unreal game. Cool little easter eggs. Good find.

I changed my name. Time to retire Binger. New name is Red-_-Horse . I'll be sending out FRs next time I get in game.

Last edited by Binger; 03-08-2018 at 05:49 PM..
Old 03-06-2018, 07:33 PM   #38
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

I've been playing competitively. My season 3 solo K/D is currently 9.5. A well known UT player lavak3 is also playing and streaming late at night. He sometimes plays UT music and has UT announcer sounds.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #39
hardspike
Server Admin

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulCrackyBarracudaPanicVis
Old 03-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #40
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
I've been playing competitively. My season 3 solo K/D is currently 9.5. A well known UT player lavak3 is also playing and streaming late at night. He sometimes plays UT music and has UT announcer sounds.
So every time you play a solo match you're getting more than 9 kills on average???

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games