Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 11-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
cmndr brain
Just Registered

Default New scoring.

I would just like express my opinion on the new scoring. 2 points for a total win, mulligan before 7min? This has made the game un-fun. My team won in about 6.5min justto have the teams re-balanced (and we all know how well of a job it does), just to have the new teams slaughter in about 3min and they got 2 points for the win. Game over. Quite unfair if you ask me. I vote to change it back to the old way. At least lower the mulligan to about 3 min.

Last edited by cmndr brain; 11-25-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 11-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
Enyo
Getting there...

I think it's a bit early to be passing judgement on the new point system, it's only been in effect for a few days, and only since Saturday with the mulligan in place. I know nobody really likes change, but please try to give this a chance. So far the reception has been pretty good from most players. Yes, occasionally a scenario like Cmndr. Brain is describing can happen, but I think it will be rare, at least from what I've seen so far.

And ask yourself this, would you really rather go back to playing 1+ hour long Dria, MTMU, and D-junk matches, back-to-back-to-back? Oh, and then follow that up with another hour long MTMU (because we have something like 4 variations of it). Because I can guarantee that happens much more often than the one downside scenario you've pointed out. I'd rather have 5 of my favorite maps be over in 10 minutes each than to sit on the same map forever and lose a bunch of bored players.

You also have to remember the point of the mulligan is so a map isn't over too quickly with only 2 points to win. It at least gives the balancer another chance to do it better. And sometimes the teams will be imbalanced no matter how the balancer tries to mix it up.

Try giving the new system a chance for another week or two before poo-pooing on it, then we can maybe do a community poll on it.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
duh
www.gotse.cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post

And ask yourself this, would you really rather go back to playing 1+ hour long Dria.

Dria?...ya....I would like to see just that particular map at an hour....not so much the others.

And 7 minutes seems like too long for a mulligan...I do like the CEONSS 5 minute limit.

Just my opinion...

Edited...forgot to add that I really appreciate that you all are working on making the game enjoyable for everyone...Kudos!
Old 11-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
Dria?...ya....I would like to see just that particular map at an hour....not so much the others.
I think you're probably the exception there... most players seem to not enjoy playing ANY map for that long.

Quote:
And 7 minutes seems like too long for a mulligan...I do like the CEONSS 5 minute limit.
CEONSS actually has it at 7 minutes, but their matches are, I believe, 15 minutes long... pointed out by one of their admins here.

Quote:
Edited...forgot to add that I really appreciate that you all are working on making the game enjoyable for everyone...Kudos!
Much of the kudos belongs to Mailbox, he's really taken the reins on trying to improve the server and keeping it going for a long time to come.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

I don't mind the new system, I am ok with 1 hour matches sometimes too, but others, I wish we'd just move along with the map rotation a/o banned from selection. I wish the rotation rate for new maps was more enabled.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #6
ScrotumSauce
Just Registered

I appreciate the new scoring system. And I am one that didn't mind the hour long Dria sessions personally since it's one my favorite maps. What I like more though is playing against real people as oppose to bots, so I want to prioritize the vitality of the community.

Thanks to the movers and shakers stepping out on a limb for changes!

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament