Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #41
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Just btw: How to look up your playtime?
You can check in the f1 menu under your name.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #42
dimshade
Getting there...

Here's a few more:

Be careful where you shoot with the ion if you're low on health. If you fire an ion blast and die as it is expanding, it becomes "neutral", and will kill friends and foes alike.

Similarly, if you call an air strike and die before the bombs drop, it will also kill your team mates. The same goes for the ion painter and I'm guessing the storm caster (though I have not tested this).

For l33t see-through-the-fog hacks, turn your view and look with the corner or side of your screen. Using the terrain and geometry of the map, you should have a general idea of where to fire. Care should be taken if you're using a vehicle like the mino or ballista that have very slow-turning main weapons. In many cases, such as when using a railgun tank, it's more about seeing what's coming and being prepared to fire rather than hitting them before they come into view when directly facing them.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #43
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
For l33t see-through-the-fog hacks, turn your view and look with the corner or side of your screen. Using the terrain and geometry of the map, you should have a general idea of where to fire. Care should be taken if you're using a vehicle like the mino or ballista that have very slow-turning main weapons. In many cases, such as when using a railgun tank, it's more about seeing what's coming and being prepared to fire rather than hitting them before they come into view when directly facing them.
Also, if have no gunner, you can change into a gunner seat and see sideways without moving the main gun. Useful for aiming, as in Block Fort. Grab the fire tank, go down one level towards the middle. Aim at the node with the 2nd seat, once you hit it change back to the main gun. Don't move! If you don't move it will aim the gun at what you were firing at in the 2nd seat.

Andrew
Old 11-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #44
Wormbo
Wormlike

Quote:
The same goes for the ion painter and I'm guessing the storm caster (though I have not tested this).
Apparently I missed setting the ion blast of the Storm Caster to "delayed damage", causing it to be "neutral" damage while the instigator player is dead. The storm itself should correctly attribute damage to the original player, though.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #45
Binger

Quote:
...Be careful where you shoot with the ion if you're low on health. If you fire an ion blast and die as it is expanding, it becomes "neutral", and will kill friends and foes alike...
I didn't know that. It will also happen if you exit the vehicle while the blast is expanding. A good way to kill yourself and everyone else near you if you fire right next to the tank and then bail out. Someone said the newer Ion tank doesn't do this but idk.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #46
Terminator
Getting there...

On Tanks A Lot, I like to jump on enemy tanks when given the opportunity and attack them by shooting primary flak. When you land on the turret of an enemy tank, they can't hit you without shooting a nearby wall which inflicts damage upon themselves. Also, the minigun turret won't be able to hit you so the enemy tank is pretty much defenseless.

Bio tank, bio hound, bio badger, bio rifle DOES NOT do the extra damage to stock Leviathan.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:04 AM   #47
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Bringing back this thread. Please share more tips. Discovered one tonight:

Having miniguns selected in a hammerhead allows you to look straight down while flying, unlike main cannons. Helpful for scouting enemy area (looking for nuke tank). Just fly as high as possible on the map and then enjoy birdseye view. You'll be enough into the ceiling fog on Junkyard where a lot of people won't even notice you.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #48
Enyo
Getting there...

Speaking of hammerheads, it's handy to know you can fire an artillery round, switch to miniguns and immediately start firing them. I do it all the time if dog fighting another hammerhead... shoot them one time with the artillery and switch to miniguns and start spraying right away. Takes them out pretty quick and usually seems to make them start panic firing their artillery.

Hammerhead miniguns are also a better way to attack a dragon, but you gotta fly right up on top of the dragon and stay on top of it. They usually start trying to fly backwards to get a shot on you, but if you keep moving forward and stay literally right on top of it, it can't get away and shoot you while you keep hammering with the guns.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #49
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Speaking of hammerheads, it's handy to know you can fire an artillery round, switch to miniguns and immediately start firing them. I do it all the time if dog fighting another hammerhead... shoot them one time with the artillery and switch to miniguns and start spraying right away. Takes them out pretty quick and usually seems to make them start panic firing their artillery.

Hammerhead miniguns are also a better way to attack a dragon, but you gotta fly right up on top of the dragon and stay on top of it. They usually start trying to fly backwards to get a shot on you, but if you keep moving forward and stay literally right on top of it, it can't get away and shoot you while you keep hammering with the guns.
Yeah i feel like those hammerhead dogfights come down to who has more altitude. Plus yeah if you can snipe them once with a tank shot, their balance is all messed up and it's game over. Especially if someone's already getting them from the ground with a shock rifle.

Hammerheads are awesome for taking out people on foot. Plus they'll often have no idea which direction you fired from.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #50
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Especially if someone's already getting them from the ground with a shock rifle.
THat part I haven't mastered like some folks. I always hate it when I shoot them with the shock rifle and they still are stable and get off a shot. I try to hit the sides and spin it but it doesn't work sometimes... but when I try to kill someone on foot, they magically always spin me [sigh].
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 09-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #51
Enyo
Getting there...

Fuzzy, to make the hammerhead go really off kilter with the shock rifle you have to hit the nose, or more specifically a little left or right of the nose where the little front wings are (you know, the feature that makes them hammerheads). I usually switch back and forth, left to right on the shot, seems to make it rock back and forth more. With practice you can time your movements with well placed shots to avoid getting run over by a frustrated pilot that can't shoot you.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #52
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Fuzzy, to make the hammerhead go really off kilter with the shock rifle you have to hit the nose, or more specifically a little left or right of the nose where the little front wings are (you know, the feature that makes them hammerheads). I usually switch back and forth, left to right on the shot, seems to make it rock back and forth more. With practice you can time your movements with well placed shots to avoid getting run over by a frustrated pilot that can't shoot you.
This is me when it's hammerhead vs mino. When i'm in the hammerhead EVERYONE can snipe me with the mino main cannon like it's a hitscan. Basically if I come across an approaching mino in a hammerhead I just expect to die immediately now.

When it's the other way around and I'm in the mino, i have the hardest time one-shotting a flyer and have to resort to the 2nd or 3rd seat guns.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #53
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
This is me when it's hammerhead vs mino. When i'm in the hammerhead EVERYONE can snipe me with the mino main cannon like it's a hitscan. Basically if I come across an approaching mino in a hammerhead I just expect to die immediately now.

When it's the other way around and I'm in the mino, i have the hardest time one-shotting a flyer and have to resort to the 2nd or 3rd seat guns.
Well, the hammerhead is a pretty big target. But, it definitely takes practice accounting for the projectile speed of the mino cannon vs. the speed and direction of a moving hammerhead. Dragons are pretty easy targets for the mino too, being even bigger.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #54
Lagzilla
Getting there...

I always disliked the way the hammerhead ejects players. When it was made it was a powerful vehicle compared to other vehicles in game, so a weakness was needed. Plus how do you eject from something that moves on all axises effectively, a 6 of one kind of thing.

If you practice it you can get yourself to jump out without getting run over, or even above the hammerhead if done correctly.

I tried to jump out with the hammerhead going backwards a bit and up. That gets you out of the top of it and not run over. The dismount is awkward but I don't get hit with the flier.

Of course that means you were trying to land that way, sometimes ejecting with opponent position in mind means I do differently. I almost always back away from the fliers direction to come out of the thing more gracefully.

A
Old 09-17-2018, 12:22 AM   #55
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Console command "togglefullscreen" will let you play the game in a window. I just friggin discovered this the other night.

Really helpful while you're in spec or want to have youtube or something running while you're playing.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught