CEONSS' Head Honcho III

UTComp is working.

https://imgur.com/9kR0sI5
Old 03-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #22
Rando
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox View Post
EDIT: Event day has changed from March 17th to March 10th.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the relatively short notice, but with the 15th anniversary of UT2k4 coming this March, I think it would be appropriate to have our next iteration of the CEONSS-OMNI series occur then! Will "Team CEONSS" continue their undefeated streak, or will "Team OMNI" finally be able to secure victory for the first time? Come join in, and find out as we celebrate the 15th anniversary of this game that keeps on going!

Rules for the time being will be identical to the ones in rounds 3 & 4 (5 maps, 2 points reg/1 point OT, >1 unscored map), with 6 player teams, mixed between the OMNI and CEONSS signup pools to minimize ping advantage. No particular server has been chosen at the moment, although the CEONSS Event Server is still alive, and the OMNI AS server is still very much not alive.

Regardless, dates. UT2004 was released on March 16th in North America, and March 19th in Europe. So given that we've usually scheduled these things on Saturdays, I think that Saturday, March 16th but circumstances this time around mean that Sunday, March 10th would be more ideal, at the usual 3:00 PM EDT (19:00 UTC). That's a bit under 3 weeks from now, so this is relatively short notice compared to previous matches. If that's an exceptionally bad date for people, it could be moved.

Signups (Updated 2019-03-07)

OMNI Signups:
Mailbox
Rando
Enyo
<Open Slot>
<Open Slot>
<Open Slot>

CEONSS Signups:
lichReen
Sys-X
widurr
<Open Slot>
<Open Slot>
<Open Slot>

Sub:
EmanReleips

Tentative:
Miauz55555

Event planning will occur in this forum thread (and its mirror on the CEONSS forums), as well on the CEONSS Discord. The CEONSS Discord might also be used for voice comms, instead of in-game comms. Information on how to join it, as well as some extra steps on how to isolate Discord's datamining, can be found in this forum thread:

http://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=977

If there are any other questions that people have, feel free to bring them here. Hope that you will participate and that everyone will have fun at the match!
-Mailbox
NM. I can't read.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #23
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Btw, the friendly fire is still on from last time and Miau would like a teamkill announcer mutator. Is everyone fine with this or do you want me to turn the friendly fire off again?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #24
joeblow
Just Registered

I put this on CEONSS.net as well...mark me down I can do it tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #25
Enyo
Getting there...

Sorry for the short notice, but I can't make it tomorrow. Just found out my son's baseball team has picture day tomorrow at 2:45 and I have to be there since I'm a coach. Frag some for me.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #26
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Sorry for the short notice, but I can't make it tomorrow. Just found out my son's baseball team has picture day tomorrow at 2:45 and I have to be there since I'm a coach. Frag some for me.
At least the pics will be some kind of art, when you are on them.
Have fun, and stay save.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 PM   #27
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Somebody take a video of playing it and upload to youtube, please? That could be a match for me to watch.

I might participate next time - just not a good time for me this time.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:35 AM   #28
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Mail, could you possibly stream it? one of our players asked about it.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:25 AM   #29
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

I put you in for OMNI, joe.

We've got enough for a 4v4 with the committed signups we have so far. With the three CEONSS subs, we could make it a 5v5 and spread people around. I've put Anon and Miauz as tentatives still.

I was negligent in getting a full map roster, so, based on the maps me and Miauz proposed, I guess we can structure things as the following:

Showcase Map (Unscored): ONS-M5s-RottenTanks-C-ice
OMNI Map #1: ONS-KAKMO-)o(-V2
CEONSS Map #1: ONS-Dinora-32p
CEONSS Map #2: ONS-SEKTOR8-V4Sp1 or ONS-UrbanStrike-Renovation-v4
OMNI Map #2: ONS-Miami-Biatch-V3
Vanilla-ish Map: Um, ONS-BridgeOfFate_Blame_P_Again-C (CEONSS) or ONS-ScorpionCanyonTurbo-V1 (OMNI) or ONS-StormyWeather (TITAN ONS Map Pack)
Post-series fun map (Unscored): ONS-SPAMBOX

There's a bit of leeway with CEONSS Map #2 because I've played neither of those maps, nor are they currently available on the CEONSS Public server. I didn't have a pick in mind for the Vanilla (ish) map, so I guess we can have a 3-way between a deathmatching map (Bridge), a vehicle-centric map with vanilla-ish vehicles (Scorpion), or some random map that looked alright when I did a quick search and playthrough (Stormy). Also depends on if Ema can get all these maps on the event server.

We can also do scoring as we usually have, with 2 points for regulation, and 1 point for overtime, tallied over the overall series.

The 20% FF mutator can probably be kept. Makes things a bit interesting.

The OMNI maps that I've nominated, alongside their dependencies, can be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5fxrrqi2z..._Maps.zip?dl=0

Also, at the request of some players here, I will be streaming this event from my perspective. The stream link will be: https://www.twitch.tv/tervia/.

Thanks everyone for signing up for this, and hope everyone has fun as we approach the 15th anniversary of UT2k4!
Old 03-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #30
Rando
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanReleipS View Post
Btw, the friendly fire is still on from last time and Miau would like a teamkill announcer mutator. Is everyone fine with this or do you want me to turn the friendly fire off again?
I'd like friendly fire turned off. Never played with it on before. That said it's up in the air if I can even make it sooooo don't base your decision on me!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:38 AM   #31
joeblow
Just Registered

Quote:
I put you in for OMNI, joe.

We've got enough for a 4v4 with the committed signups we have so far. With the three CEONSS subs, we could make it a 5v5 and spread people around. I've put Anon and Miauz as tentatives still.

I was negligent in getting a full map roster, so, based on the maps me and Miauz proposed, I guess we can structure things as the following:

Showcase Map (Unscored): ONS-M5s-RottenTanks-C-ice
OMNI Map #1: ONS-KAKMO-)o(-V2
CEONSS Map #1: ONS-Dinora-32p
CEONSS Map #2: ONS-SEKTOR8-V4Sp1 or ONS-UrbanStrike-Renovation-v4
OMNI Map #2: ONS-Miami-Biatch-V3
Vanilla-ish Map: Um, ONS-BridgeOfFate_Blame_P_Again-C (CEONSS) or ONS-ScorpionCanyonTurbo-V1 (OMNI) or ONS-StormyWeather (TITAN ONS Map Pack)
Post-series fun map (Unscored): ONS-SPAMBOX

There's a bit of leeway with CEONSS Map #2 because I've played neither of those maps, nor are they currently available on the CEONSS Public server. I didn't have a pick in mind for the Vanilla (ish) map, so I guess we can have a 3-way between a deathmatching map (Bridge), a vehicle-centric map with vanilla-ish vehicles (Scorpion), or some random map that looked alright when I did a quick search and playthrough (Stormy). Also depends on if Ema can get all these maps on the event server.

We can also do scoring as we usually have, with 2 points for regulation, and 1 point for overtime, tallied over the overall series.

The 20% FF mutator can probably be kept. Makes things a bit interesting.

The OMNI maps that I've nominated, alongside their dependencies, can be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5fxrrqi2z..._Maps.zip?dl=0

Also, at the request of some players here, I will be streaming this event from my perspective. The stream link will be: https://www.twitch.tv/tervia/.

Thanks everyone for signing up for this, and hope everyone has fun as we approach the 15th anniversary of UT2k4!

Some one put the Twitch link on the Facebooks lets sell this game while we are at it.

Rando: the friendly fire hardly makes a difference. I felt like you it would really hurt but in game you rarely notice it.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #32
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Hey Mail....The dropbox doesn't seem to have a download link, could you please double-check the permissions?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #33
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Quote:
Hey Mail....The dropbox doesn't seem to have a download link, could you please double-check the permissions?
The download link looks fine to me. It should be right next to the Sign up button on the desktop version.

If it's any different from the previous map packs, let me know, because it looks the same on my end.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:14 PM   #34
joeblow
Just Registered

Daylight savings last night......Spring head clocks one hour for most here stateside. Time maybe off.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #35
Rando
Just Registered

What server are we playing on? Is there an IP and PW?
Old 03-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #36
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Seems the countdown was for the wrong time zone... us Europeans are there now, if you want to join.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #37
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

CEONSS-OMNI Round 5 is a wrap, and Team "OMNI" wins is granted mercy by Team "CEONSS", 7-2!

Maps:

Map 0 (Showcase, Not Scored): ONS-M5s-RottenTanks-ice-C - It was fun!
Map 1 (OMNI #1): ONS-KAKMO-)o(-V2 - "CEONSS" wins 2-0
Map 2 (CEONSS #1): ONS-Dinora-32p - "OMNI" wins 2-0
Map 3 (CEONSS #2): ONS-UrbanStrike-Renovation-v4 - "OMNI" wins 2-0
Map 4 (OMNI #2): ONS-Miami-Biatch-V3 - "OMNI" wins 1-0
Map 5 (Vanilla-ish): ONS-BridgeOfFate_Blame_P_Again_C - "OMNI" wins 2-0
Post-series fun map (Not Scored): ONS-SPAMBOX - What does the evil relic do?

Team "CEONSS"
Miauz55555 (C)
kappa
furn (Maps 1, 4)
Widurr (Maps 1-4)
pOOty (Maps 1-2)
Gaffer (Maps 2, 5)
Rando (Maps 3-4)
Fors (Maps 3-5)
Colbye (Maps 3-4)
7even (Maps 4-5)

Team "OMNI"
EmanReleipS
Sys-X
Rando (Maps 1-2)
SVA-joeblow (Maps 1-4)
Gaffer (Maps 1, 3-4)
Mailbox (C) (Maps 2-5)
furn (Maps 2-3, 5)
pOOty (Maps 3-5)
7even (Map 3)
Widurr (Map 5)

Thanks to everyone who participated once again! We were able to get a 7v7 going for one round! Thanks a ton to Ema for hosting once again, even with our compressed schedule!

People like these things, so we will try to get some special gametype matches going over the next few weeks in celebration of UT2k4's 15th anniversary! Stay tuned on these forums for more information!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #38
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Thanks to Mailbox for organizing it!

Here are the demos: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o13y5yqukn...d%205.zip?dl=0
Old 03-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #39
Rando
Just Registered

Quote:
Thanks to Mailbox for organizing it!

Here are the demos: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o13y5yqukn...d%205.zip?dl=0
Thanks for everything! Was really fun!
Old 03-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #40
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Post-series fun map (Not Scored): ONS-SPAMBOX - What does the evil relic do?
ARGH - Spambox, that's torture! I want to play that so bad. I think the evil relic blows everybody up after you die with it - a revenge nuke, right?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught