Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #21
Infidell
Just Registered

Quote:
Now as an game Admin of course its my job to play God and make all the wrongs right in this world to all people to all things.

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:39 AM   #22
Enyo
Getting there...

Old 01-05-2019, 05:15 AM   #23
Lagzilla
Getting there...

"Paracelsus (aka The_3%) "

Off topic question... at what rate does this percentage go up?

Do we get something cool at 5%? 10%? 100%?

Just curious.

A
Old 01-05-2019, 06:27 AM   #24
joeblow
Just Registered

Actually reviewing one of the threads on the DW forums its was purposed that there would be designated players that would be "balancers" and ok'd to team switch. Never went anywhere since there was no way at the time to lock any one else out from teamswitching.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #25
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
"Paracelsus (aka The_3%) "

Off topic question... at what rate does this percentage go up?

Do we get something cool at 5%? 10%? 100%?

Just curious.

A
3% is a group that thinks they're the last bastion of freedom defending the country from evil gubberment. You see the stickers on the back of trucks along with the punisher sticker, don't tread on me, blue line etc...
Old 01-07-2019, 07:06 AM   #26
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
It's not 'douchey' at all because it's done all the time by everyone.

It is for reasons explained above. I am not going to read 3 pages of crap to understand your defense of screwing up the teams/balance. If it happens occasionally no big deal, you do it regularly you're douche, simple enough.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #27
TotalBurn
Certified Lurker

So the unwritten rule is, once the match begins (after the shuffle) you have to stay and play. I was under the impression if you werent team switching then people are free to come and go as they wish.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #28
Binger

Holy shit this is funny. Army writing a novel to defend his being a douche-bag. Who the fuck is going to read all that. Why would he think someone cares enough to read all that crap? Does he think people actually respect him around here?
Old 01-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #29
TotalBurn
Certified Lurker

I respect Army. Whats right is right.

Its also not douche to spawn kill, team kill, team switching and sandbag (Roger, SolidState & Bubba) you see, they dont upset the teams balance when they pull that shit. Doesnt screw the game up for anyone.

I could give detailed play by play for all three of them. But what would be the point? An admin was present for every offense. You ever see the movie Big Daddy when they played the game "I win"?

Im not reporting any rule violations in the future. You guys are more concerned with political/personal bs.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #30
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
So the unwritten rule is, once the match begins (after the shuffle) you have to stay and play. I was under the impression if you werent team switching then people are free to come and go as they wish.
I really hope you're just being facetious there. This discussion has gotten so obscured (like that NEVER happens here) it's unbelievable. No TotalBurn, nobody is suggesting there is some unwritten rule you have to stay and play after the balancer shuffle/match start. The whole original point I made to Army was, if you know that you plan on moving to spectate or leave before the match begins, then you should do so before the shuffle initiates so that your player skill (via PPH) is not considered in balancing teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
Its also not douche to spawn kill, team kill, team switching and sandbag (Roger, SolidState & Bubba) you see, they dont upset the teams balance when they pull that shit. Doesnt screw the game up for anyone.

I could give detailed play by play for all three of them. But what would be the point? An admin was present for every offense. You ever see the movie Big Daddy when they played the game "I win"?

Im not reporting any rule violations in the future. You guys are more concerned with political/personal bs.
We had this discussion via PM about one of those players and I pointed out that the offenses you just named are against the rules IF being committed consistently. I haven't seen for myself nor has anyone posted with any regularity (indicating consistency) that any one of those players is consistently violating server rules. If you don't report someone for being a chode, backed up with some evidence like screenshots, then how do we know if it's indeed happening? If you'd like to know the recommended format for reporting offending behavior, see here.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #31
Infidell
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Holy shit this is funny. Army writing a novel to defend his being a douche-bag. Who the fuck is going to read all that. Why would he think someone cares enough to read all that crap? Does he think people actually respect him around here?
Awww, poor Binger too many words make his whittle head hurt, have a cookie schnookums.

You do realize there are two sides to any argument and if you only choose to listen to one side while ignoring the other, then you're obviously not being objective right?

You're simply displaying that you have chosen to blindly support one side out of personal animus and prejudice against me, which makes your viewpoint irrelevant. In a court case, any judge who shows bias is dismissed.

I wrote "all that crap" to prove that Enyo's argument is baseless, without merit. Maybe if you read it you might actually realize that I'm right and he's completely wrong because he has failed to justify his original complaint of people spectating after the map starts.

I'm not going to rehash it here because I've already done it repeatedly above.

If you don't care to be fair to both sides of the argument, then just say you're here to be Enyo's pom-pom shaking cheerleader and have nothing new to add to the convo.

Not that this is a popularity contest but there's plenty of people on the server who respect me and consider me to be a friend. But even if there wasn't a single one, that doesn't make my argument any less valid. Thanks for playing douchebag, next.

If spectating after a map start (after balancer shuffler) is not a rule nor a punishable offense, call it anything you want but it is completely acceptable.

If this dumb idea ever gets turned into a rule that's fine I'll follow it, so long as it is not a rule, then no one has a right to whine, complain or insult others about it.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #32
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidell View Post
Awww, poor Binger too many words make his whittle head hurt, have a cookie schnookums.

You do realize there are two sides to any argument and if you only choose to listen to one side while ignoring the other, then you're obviously not being objective right?

You're simply displaying that you have chosen to blindly support one side out of personal animus and prejudice against me, which makes your viewpoint irrelevant. In a court case, any judge who shows bias is dismissed.

I wrote "all that crap" to prove that Enyo's argument is baseless, without merit. Maybe if you read it you might actually realize that I'm right and he's completely wrong because he has failed to justify his original complaint of people spectating after the map starts.

I'm not going to rehash it here because I've already done it repeatedly above.

If you don't care to be fair to both sides of the argument, then just say you're here to be Enyo's pom-pom shaking cheerleader and have nothing new to add to the convo.

Not that this is a popularity contest but there's plenty of people on the server who respect me and consider me to be a friend. But even if there wasn't a single one, that doesn't make my argument any less valid. Thanks for playing douchebag, next.

If spectating after a map start (after balancer shuffler) is not a rule nor a punishable offense, call it anything you want but it is completely acceptable.

If this dumb idea ever gets turned into a rule that's fine I'll follow it, so long as it is not a rule, then no one has a right to whine, complain or insult others about it.

Wow I REALLY don't like you. You are an immature entitled brat throwing a tantrum. It's people like you that drove away all the fun players so fuck off.

This is a very simple topic that you have turned into a huge thing because you need to boost your ego or for some other fucked up reason. Maybe you just like to listen to yourself talk but if you need 2 pages of text to make your point on this then your point is weak. There is not a single respectable thing that I have ever seen you say. All you do is bitch and moan in the chat and you never say anything positive. Your sense of entitlement is repulsive.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #33
Infidell
Just Registered

Quote:
Wow I REALLY don't like you. You are an immature entitled brat throwing a tantrum. It's people like you that drove away all the fun players so fuck off.

This is a very simple topic that you have turned into a huge thing because you need to boost your ego or for some other fucked up reason. Maybe you just like to listen to yourself talk but if you need 2 pages of text to make your point on this then your point is weak. There is not a single respectable thing that I have ever seen you say. All you do is bitch and moan in the chat and you never say anything positive. Your sense of entitlement is repulsive.
My bad, I thought I could have an intelligent adult discussion with you but I obviously gave you far too much credit.

I'm arguing with a pig and as they say, when you wrestle with a pig, you get covered in mud.

Ironic you talk about bitching, I didn't forget the times you yelled at other players on the mic and called them out to fight.

So you have it backward, you're the type to drive others away. People like me make it fun for others in general, but how would you know, you barely play anymore?

So don't pretend to know anything about me, you're obviously clueless. If you're going to badmouth/insult me, not hear my side of the argument, did you expect me to not insult you back?

And once again whether I'm liked or not (as if I care), that in no way refutes my argument. Grrr I keep forgetting I'm trying to reason with a pig so I'll end it here.

But you keep on ranting and grunting now and thinking you're "winning" the argument with your insults, hate and ad hominems Skippy.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #34
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Jesus.

I get that people have different ideas, perspectives, etc. But if you really want to get into pissing
matches over whose character is lacking or slagging eachother, use PM's please. And thanks.

Discourse is good, but when it hits the level it has in this thread it's pointless and has no place in public.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught