Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Default [Mutator] Weapon Milestone Announcements

http://www.mediafire.com/?bl92kypnpxok59f

This Mutator counts kills from specific weapons and triggers a reward sound cue similar to the Flak Monkey and Head Hunter awards once a certain threshold with that particular weapon is reached.
Specifically these trigger after 15 kills with:
-Shield Gun (Jack Hammer)
-Assault Rifle (Gun Slinger)
-Bio Rifle (Bio Hazard)
-Link Gun secondary (Shaft Master)
-Minigun (Blue Streak)
-Rocket Launcher (Rocket Scientist)

A second tier of announcement rewards is triggered upon reaching 30 kills with a weapon.

In Onslaught matches does the Mutator also trigger a Node Buster award upon building/destroying 30[60] PowerNodes.
It also has an award cue for becoming "double powered up", i.e. having 199 health, 150 armor, UDamage or an adrenaline combo active and picking up another super pickup.
(And there is a very rare announcement if you should ever manage to land a specific skill- or luckshot.)

Also submitted it to CEONSS, but would be nice if you could give it a shot as well. I already did a test on my dedicated localhost server and everything worked fine, but you never know when it comes to more than one player.
If you care about whitelisting, then adding "WeapMilestoneAnnounceRules" to the ServerActors list instead of using the Mutator should be enough.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Pi

Moving thread to ONS as this is now installed there. Yep, this is on the ONS server.

Feedback is appreciated

Crusha, I tried this out on a (singular) map and only got award notices at 30 kills (nothing at 15).. is that a setting?

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

No, it should actually play at 15 kills with each weapon… that's strange. What do you hear at the 30 kill thing? "Unreal BlaBla"?
Maybe you were unlucky and that stuff somehow overlapped with regular announcers when you reached the amount. It plays 1.5 seconds after the kill but announcements try not to overlap and thus won't play if there was already an announcement within the last second.

If you want to debug it in offline play, you can type "editactor class=WeapMilestoneAnnounceRules" in console while in a match.
This will open a property window for this actor. In the category "None" will you find an entry "DamageData", which holds the weapon kill data for all players. (The data of bots is not increased, though, since they don't really care to be awarded anything.)
Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
hardspike
Server Admin

Just joining a game in progress, this thing is taking FOREVER to load.

MutWeapMilestoneAnnounce_Snd 1579K

Probably about 4 minutes total. Only about 10 players active.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
hardspike
Server Admin

Maybe not just that mutator, Tyrant is taking FOREVER to load too.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Omni has always been a slow download for me too. It took about 3 minutes or so to download this mutator. Other servers I play on the download speed is so much faster that I know it is the Omni server and not my end that is slow.
I seem to have to download a file or two almost every map, sometimes the whole map, again. Why? Any ideas?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Wormbo
Wormlike

Sounds like a problem with the redirected download configuration. Nothing this mutator could be blamed for.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Maybe not just that mutator, Tyrant is taking FOREVER to load too.

I've noticed that about 3 weeks ago that Hoover Damn takes too long to load also. What's going on with the loading time?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
Pi

the new serverActor isn't on the redirect so it is a direct download, otherwise things seem normal tbh. if you're re-caching levels then you'd of course have to reload packages but that should all be via the redirect anyway

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Omni has always been a slow download for me too. It took about 3 minutes or so to download this mutator. Other servers I play on the download speed is so much faster that I know it is the Omni server and not my end that is slow.
I seem to have to download a file or two almost every map, sometimes the whole map, again. Why? Any ideas?
I don't know about the slow downloads but if you have to download things you have already downloaded then it sounds like your cache is deleting those files after a certain amount of time. I think the default is 30 days. That can be changed in one of the ini files but you can also use a cache extractor to remove the files from the cache folder and save them to the appropriate folder for the file type. This works great for me except that the Omni and DW versions of Dria have a different file with the same name so you might have to delete and re-download that if you ever play over there.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
Wormbo
Wormlike

Just set the [Core.System] PurgeCacheDays to 0 to prevent the game from deleting anything from there. Those different files you mentioned may have the same name, but I'm sure they have different GUIDs. That means they will both have their own place in the cache.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Yea, it took me 3.5 mins. The kicker for me was that I had to do it twice! It took so long to load that it didn't finish before the map changed (it was @ 76%). Had to load it again on the new map
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
DarkMatter

I used the link up top to d/l it, copied the files to the game directory etc and joined the server. I prefer that option over staring at the black screen and waiting but that's just me.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Just set the [Core.System] PurgeCacheDays to 0 to prevent the game from deleting anything from there. Those different files you mentioned may have the same name, but I'm sure they have different GUIDs. That means they will both have their own place in the cache.
I do set my cache to never delete. Learned that in the forums here.

It might work if cached but I extract all my cache files often. It's been discussed in here already but iirc Gorz said someone changed one of his vehicle files and didn't rename it. If I get that file from Omni and extract it to the folder then try to join Dria on DW I get a mismatch error and have to delete the file before I can join that map. No big deal though.

And yeah, I do the same thing DarkMatter. Download any new files from the link before joining the server.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #15
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Well if I had known it was getting installed on the server and been that slow to dl, I would have.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

None of the files were on the redirect. They are now.

*carpe SMACKS somebody upside the head*

Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
DarkMatter

Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Oh the sweet irony when two people with "Server Admin" title complain about the loading times and get saved by a fish who is just a "Moderator".

Anyway, does the Mutator work as expected? Any issues or would it be ready for official public release?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #19
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
Oh the sweet irony when two people with "Server Admin" title complain about the loading times and get saved by a fish who is just a "Moderator".
Guess so. But for Beth and I and others as "Server Admins" we have no ability to change files on the server, point things to redirects, add or delete maps (that would be scary), etc. You probably already knew that. But it does look bass-ackwards.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post

Anyway, does the Mutator work as expected? Any issues or would it be ready for official public release?

Complain???? I was just posting about a map that takes longer than usual to start up. I don't see where the complaint is.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught