Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 02-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
dr.mindkiller
--- Super Nashwan ---

Default Alleged UT2007 system requirements leaked

link

Quote:
UT2007 Graphics evolution
The most visible technological improvements in UT2007 come from the move to Unreal Engine 3. Environments now spring to life with rich shaders, and per-pixel lighting. All those fancy pixel programs require atleast a DirectX 9 compatible graphics card to be run at all.

First words on UT2007 requirements
We have preliminary system requirements for UT2007 which according to the german gaming magazine PC Games Hardware comes from a source inside Epic Games. The Requirements are very high by todays standard, but hardware has got some time to get better & cheaper before the games estimated release, fall 2006.

It will be intresting to see benchmarks from UT2007, to see how much processing power the Unreal Eninge 3.0 will require from our CPU's and graphic cards.

Preliminary UT2007 System Requirements

Minimum Requirements
CPU: 2.8Ghz
RAM: 512MB
Graphics: Geforce 6 series

Recommended System
CPU: 3-4Ghz
RAM: 1024MB
Graphics: NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI

UT2007 Technical features and requirements
* Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance
* 64-bit version to be available with better textures
* Renderers: SM3.0, 2.0, possible DX8 renderer
* HDR supported
* Physics: Novodex Physics Engine
* AGEIA PhysX PPU supported.

Keep in mind that these are not official requirements from Epic, nor final. What we know is that the game will take advantage of technologies such as dual core processors, AGEIA compatible Physics chips and Shader Model 3.0.

Thilo Bayer, Editor-in-Chief PCG Hardware, adds:
As I clarified in a seperate e-mail with Mark Rein, we have some misunderstanding in the term "minimum specs". We mean "minimum specs for high in game detail" which is not the same as bare "minimum specs" so that the game runs at all.

Statements from Epic about requirements & performance

At E3 2005, Epic's Tim Sweeney suggested an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra level card for decent frame rates at 1024x768 resolution.

According to Mark Rein, VP of Epic, Nvidia 7800 GTX runs Unreal Tournament 2007 significantly faster than the Geforce 6800 generation of cards.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
ScoRp!oN
The CLIT Commander

Soo... what does that mean if I buy a 2.4Ghz Opteron dual core??? These specs seemed written in terms of P4 specs.

NOOOO!!! MY CHANCES OF BECOMING RICH IN THE MOST PUSSY WAY POSSIBLE HAVE BEEN SHATTERED! NOOOOO!!!
-Tachy-ho
Send a message via ICQ to ScoRp!oN Send a message via AIM to ScoRp!oN ScoRp!oN is offline  
Old 02-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
dr.mindkiller
--- Super Nashwan ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoRp!oN
Soo... what does that mean if I buy a 2.4Ghz Opteron dual core??? These specs seemed written in terms of P4 specs.
And nVidia. Don't specs always say something like "2GHz P4 or equivalent"?

Old 02-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

Its obvious that these are based on nothing but rumors. I have seen the specs listed as such before from the 'german source'. All they are doing is putting together what they think is the best specs.

It is a FACT that UnrealEngine 3 Rendering Engine is NOT EVEN COMPLETED YET! I think it was an interview with Mark Rein recently where he talked about it. He said there were working on the multi-threaded renderer that unreal engine 3 will be using.

As for the specs, it was stated along time ago in an interview that they were developing on 6600 GT SLi machines (if im not mistaken) and they could handle it fine. (Thats not running the end-product, so don't get your hopes up. However, depending on the stage of the development, it shows that current cards will be able to handle it, just at a lower quality).

Comparing CPU's by ClockSpeed alone died last year, if not earlier. Newer CPU's will not see that much of an increase in Clocks. It is doubtfull to even see a 4 GHz AMD CPU anytime soon. The power AMD has over Intell right now is the short pipline on the cores (and the memory controler) which allows for non-linear computing to be done faster and with less delays when you need to interupt the sequence. With linear computing like Rendering and Physics moving to specialized chips, the CPU will be left as the delegation Processor, that has to sort and organize where things need to go. Very dependant on a short pipline.

RAM specs seem to be plausable, but I still think its speculation. As for the ending bit. Keep in mind that the graphics engine is still in development, so they can't give concrette specs, and what Mark Rein said about the 7800 GTX being better than the 6800 series, anyone on the fucking internet could tell you that.

"Thilo Bayer, Editor-in-Chief PCG Hardware, adds:
As I clarified in a seperate e-mail with Mark Rein, we have some misunderstanding in the term "minimum specs". We mean "minimum specs for high in game detail" which is not the same as bare "minimum specs" so that the game runs at all.
"

This blurb alone tells me that these specs are based on nothing but speculation from pieces of interviews, comparison with the console's hardware, and from an educated guess at the specs.

HOWEVER, there was a UnrealEngine3 Techdemo released (well, I believe it was UE3, but I cant recall exactly) for Intell machines to test. It was a robo battle thing, and would only run on high end intel's. (For some reason it was not developed for AMD systems, which doesn't make sense. My guess is it used some sort of native hyperthreading that was incompatable with AMD architecture) This is another source where people might be taking suposed specs from, thinking that the end game of Ut2007 will feature the same poly counts and everything. Yea, fuck that.

So in summary, no one knows a fucking thing about what they are talking about, because the damn developers are not even that far into ut2007 to even have the levels designed with any art that will be taking up the majoirty of CPU/GPU work load. Not to mention that optimizations come at the later stage, and I suspect you will see the same shit UT2004 had. Min specs will play DM good, but good luck with ONS/AS.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
SpeedDemon
Community Veteran

YEAH! that gives us like 6-7 months to upgrade our shits to better shits than can run the shits out of UT....

Pretty much the conclusion I can draw is this: If you are struggling to run UT2004, then you won't be able to play UT2007. If you can run it decently to well, then UT2007 will play at low res. If UT2004 doesn't twitch your system (probably the top %2 of gaming machines out today - including Qettoe) then you might be able to run UT2007 on decent settings.

Who knows, maybe by then there will be a Nvidia 8400 or 8400GT or something of that nature.... I'm just hoping my comp will run it on low settings and give me a bit of time to upgrade at leisure...
Old 02-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

Just to let you know, the source for all that is an Inquirer arcticle from JUNE 2005. Yea, thats right, 8 months ago.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #7
dr.mindkiller
--- Super Nashwan ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrak
Just to let you know, the source for all that is an Inquirer arcticle from JUNE 2005. Yea, thats right, 8 months ago.
No, I think that the Inquirer article is only the source for the final paragraph. The German gaming magazine PC Games Hardware is the source for the majority of the article.

I agree that this article may well be BS, hence the thread title. Never-the-less, this is doing the rounds on-line today, so I thought I might as well post it before someone else did.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:54 AM   #8
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

So we still have more months to wait until it comes out? ffs...

I should just build a new rig.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
AnEpicOfTimeWasted
sceenie weenie.

damn, im screwed. except for the ram, i have the bare minimums.

• )o(ARsEnAl51^CR: oh noes! its the n1rv! i gotta run! seeya peeps!

No[Hoe]drak: I'd do Pande if he had those boots on...

In Game Name = n1rvana.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
Simon
Just Registered

Looks like i'll be sticking with UT2k4.

No way in hell im gonna be able to play that, and i've decided to spend my money on more important things, such as drugs and drugs.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #12
AnEpicOfTimeWasted
sceenie weenie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon

No way in hell im gonna be able to play that, and i've decided to spend my money on more important things, such as drugs and drugs.
i dont know who you are, but i like you. =P

• )o(ARsEnAl51^CR: oh noes! its the n1rv! i gotta run! seeya peeps!

No[Hoe]drak: I'd do Pande if he had those boots on...

In Game Name = n1rvana.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #13
Tachyon
I am....a badass

Suhwheet! My comp passes those requirements with flying colors!

I bet you those requirements are higher than what you need. I base that on nothing whatsoever but it just seems that rumors exaggerate.

"Tachyon likes his women like he likes his cars: unattainable."
~MadameArsenic
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"
~Schlock Mercenary
Send a message via AIM to Tachyon Send a message via MSN to Tachyon Tachyon is offline  
Old 02-21-2006, 03:55 AM   #14
dr.mindkiller
--- Super Nashwan ---

Those supposed minimum specs seem to the minimum to run the game in "High", not necessarily run it at all. A P4 2.8 and a Geforce 6 (presumably means 6600GT and above) to run in high detail doesn't seem too bad. Expect lower detail levels to run on slower comps - Epic wouldn't want to remove a lot of their possible customers.

Quote:
Thilo Bayer, Editor-in-Chief PCG Hardware, adds:

UT2k4 has "high", "higher", "very high", "something higher" or somewhat doesn't it?

Old 02-21-2006, 05:48 AM   #15
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

Hmm... that's not very specific.

But I have my x850 XT PE clocked to an 7800 GTX speed, so that's good.

Now for my RAM, CPU and monitor...
Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #16
SpeedDemon
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEpicOfTimeWasted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon

i dont know who you are, but i like you. =P
Simon = 1st person in "Who are you" thread....
Old 09-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #17
Grimshaw
Getting there...

I think I'm going to be fucked when 2007 comes out. I have a dual P3 1gig ram and Nvidia 5700 Ultra. Shit!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

Whatever the specs are going to be, I'm probably gonna end up in the same boat I was when 2k3 was released
Barely enough power to play

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #19
-=MasterMeers=-
The Australian Sensation!

i am definately going to have to upgrade
if you don't know my specs:
(according to Xfire)
Manufacturer:
Optima
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1022MB RAM
Hard Drive:
80 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
(gotta put the FX 5200 128MB in from the machine next to me)

so at this point in time, i am thinking of building a computer
(just gotta save some money)

Nodrak: Yep, it is definately pizza time
Meers: Well go and order it
Nodrak: I am picking up the phone now, how fast do you want me to move?
Meers: Faster Biatch
Send a message via MSN to -=MasterMeers=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=MasterMeers=- -=MasterMeers=- is offline  
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #20
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

CPU-Z is better imo

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2GHz)
Mobo: MSI KT400
RAM: 1024MB DDR (Slot1: PC2100. Slot 2: PC3200)
Vid: GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128MB 8x

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament