Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 08-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #141
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Well... the people playing were saying how "that was a glitch, This is glitchy" .
The video was one of those where the guy is playing and filming himself playing at the same time, on the same screen.

No need to defend it and I'm not saying it sucks, just not for me.
Just pointing out I don't experience it.

And I understand it is not for you.

A
Old 10-01-2018, 11:16 PM   #142
Binger

It's nice that they give away these premium skins for free.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:17 AM   #143
Binger

For those of you that I see in Fortnite sorry I haven't been joining parties but I'm not interested in playing any of the three regular gametypes except for the occasional Solo. Regular Squads is not my thing. Mostly because I'm done watching people play after I die and I usually die early. I spend all my time in LTMs. I don't want to be the person in the party that only wants to play LTMs but if anybody wants to join me then please do. I never do randoms but I've been thinking about it lately just to find people to play LTMs with.

btw I managed to stay alive for the event. Landed in a tree right next to the lake straight from the bus, no weapons, so worried about getting sniped but I made it. Got in like 1 minute before it happened. It was very cool.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #144
hardspike
Server Admin

The new (current) Food Fight LTM is a lot of fun. Cool thing about it and some other LTMs (limited time modes) is that you respawn! I know a lot get frustrated to spend 10 minutes looting up to get insta-killed and have to start all over. When you respawn you keep the weapons you had too, which is nice.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #145
Binger

My one and only Food Fight match went like this..

Landed close since it's only 12 vs 12. Got tons of loot including several turrets. Started defending our base with a turret but got bored so I went on the attack. By the time I got to their base it was a maze of building. I managed to accidentally stumble upon the top of the mascot head sticking up threw a gap in the floor. Perfect, . I walled myself in, threw down a turret and starting hammering that mascot. I fought off a couple of players that managed to find me until one snuck up on me and ended my reign. As I was gliding back down after respawn I noticed a nice opening way up on the side of the mess of building and glided right into the spot where I was. My turret was still there so I threw down a second one and walled myself off real good. I would hold down the trigger on one turret until it almost overheated then jump to the other one and do the same thing. No one ever came to try to flush me out. It takes a REALLY long time to destroy the mascot and at one point a teammate of mine showed up on the other side of the mascot and threw down their own turret. It was so awesome. They had to stop occasionally to fight off enemies but the other team never saw me through all that.

It was super fun but also very broken. Remove the turrets, add more players, and reduce mascot health and the mode would be a lot more fun. I'll try it some more tonight. I really like that they are experimenting with the LTMs.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #146
hardspike
Server Admin

A lot of Heavy Shotguns spawn in that mode, which makes it fun.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #147
Binger

I like the Heavy shotguns. I think that's what I was using to defend myself while I was in their base. I'm getting much better at switching to an SMG after one shotgun shot but my favorite shotgun is still the Tactical. The quicker fire rate helps a lot when you've got aim like mine. With the pump I always have to switch to SMG after one shot or I'm dead by the time the second shot is ready. I will run a blue Tactical over any other shotgun (except maybe a Gold Heavy) and a green Tactical over a blue pump. This was before the recent 3 pellet minimum change they just gave to all the shotguns. I haven't played since then.

I love the respawn, ofc, but there is so little reason to try to stay alive. No death counter for your player so no K/D ratio so no reason not to throw yourself into the fight. I mean, the center dance floor, holy crap that is a shitstorm of players (but sooooo much fun). I try to keep track in my head and there is also the damage taken and given stats but a respawn counter would be nice so we could have an Elimination/Respawn ratio. I would like to see stats tracking for the LTMs. It would have to be separate from the regular stats, of course, but it would make the victories mean something. Right now they feel hollow. The practice I've gotten though, wow. I'm so much better now just from playing Disco and the other LTMs.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #148
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
My one and only Food Fight match went like this..

Landed close since it's only 12 vs 12. Got tons of loot including several turrets. Started defending our base with a turret but got bored so I went on the attack. By the time I got to their base it was a maze of building. I managed to accidentally stumble upon the top of the mascot head sticking up threw a gap in the floor. Perfect, . I walled myself in, threw down a turret and starting hammering that mascot. I fought off a couple of players that managed to find me until one snuck up on me and ended my reign. As I was gliding back down after respawn I noticed a nice opening way up on the side of the mess of building and glided right into the spot where I was. My turret was still there so I threw down a second one and walled myself off real good. I would hold down the trigger on one turret until it almost overheated then jump to the other one and do the same thing. No one ever came to try to flush me out. It takes a REALLY long time to destroy the mascot and at one point a teammate of mine showed up on the other side of the mascot and threw down their own turret. It was so awesome. They had to stop occasionally to fight off enemies but the other team never saw me through all that.

It was super fun but also very broken. Remove the turrets, add more players, and reduce mascot health and the mode would be a lot more fun. I'll try it some more tonight. I really like that they are experimenting with the LTMs.
Sounds like the team you were fighting was clueless.

Turret-be-gone=Dynamite, if not stink bombs. Or rift-to-go with the driver. They are super vulnerable from behind and above. Behind is better since the driver would have to turn to get you. You can hop in a circle and stay ahead of their shots.

Also, bring traps of both kinds and lay them in their base. Build a wall in the base wall and trap it and it can only be broken with dynamite. Broken in that way.

I've boxed out the side of the base and windowed into the mascot area. You can quick scope or hip fire snipers from there. Late game everyone is basically one shot from a blue hunting rifle and above.

A
Old 11-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #149
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Sounds like the team you were fighting was clueless.

Turret-be-gone=Dynamite, if not stink bombs. Or rift-to-go with the driver. They are super vulnerable from behind and above. Behind is better since the driver would have to turn to get you. You can hop in a circle and stay ahead of their shots.

Also, bring traps of both kinds and lay them in their base. Build a wall in the base wall and trap it and it can only be broken with dynamite. Broken in that way.

I've boxed out the side of the base and windowed into the mascot area. You can quick scope or hip fire snipers from there. Late game everyone is basically one shot from a blue hunting rifle and above.

A

That was the first or second day the LTM was out so people were still learning the strategies. They were also hitting our mascot pretty heavy. With only 10 to 12 players on a team it wasn't a surprise that they didn't try harder to dig me out and instead went on the attack.

I think that's the only time I played the FF LTM. I meant to play more but didn't. I REALLY like the idea of objectives with respawn but it wasn't quite right. I watched a lot videos of it though. I easily spend more time watching videos of Fortnite than I do actually playing.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #150
Binger

New season is very meh to me. I'm disappointed. They are catering more and more to children. The Ice King skin is cool but I doubt I can outlive 25000 opponents. Sgt Winter is cool but his level up stuff is ridiculous. I expected him to get all geared up. Almost nothing in the new Battle Pass that is interesting to me. I was hoping for some good stuff so I could buy the Pass this season but I don't see it happening. The secret character from the challenges would have to be amazing. I was excited last night before the update and now today I'm just meh.

Edit: To be clear I'm only talking about the cosmetics in the Battle Pass. There is lots of stuff that I'm looking forward to this season.

Last edited by Binger; 12-07-2018 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #151
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
New season is very meh to me. I'm disappointed. They are catering more and more to children.
I thought that was pretty much the whole schtick of this game. My 12 year old son and literally ALL of his middle school aged friends play Fortnite. A freemium model game with "micro-payments" that only gets you fancy skins just to show off to your friends directly prays on the undeveloped psyche of children that are in their prime of being obsessed with appearances. My kid has friends that have convinced their parents to spend $200+ on Fortnite junk. I refuse to let him spend a dime of even his own money on it. Call me Scrooge, but I'm trying to teach my kid the importance of saving for the future over the instant gratification of looking cool.

So yeah, they are definitely catering to children. And you shouldn't be disappointed as long as you fully understand the business model of the game and form your expectations accordingly.

As to the game itself, I've tried it several times and give it a big "meh" of my own. It's definitely a fresh new model of FPS and I can appreciate that over the tired old Call of Duty style games. I'm just not a fan, but to each their own.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games