Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 12-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Default ONS - ArcticJunkYard

Thanks to TurboK's continued mapping/building skillz, it's now on the server and redirect.

Available here for pre-download, just remove the "Beta2" from the map name.

And as well, thanks to WMD40 for his continued stellar quality control.

TK will provide a synopsis shortly.

cheers, and best of the holidays/season to the entire community.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
Turbo K
Community Veteran

The title says it all. It's Desert Junkyard with a new ice theme. Since it was designed as a seasonal map, there are a few new vehicles and weapons, including Wormbo's SPMA variants and Battery Launcher. The Battery Launcher is a reskinned AVRiL that does a bit more damage and has a smaller turn radius.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Awesome. Thanks map builders! You make this server cool.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
Flounder
Server Admin

I don't know if anyone else is having an issue with the in-game map download but it took quite some time (~10 minutes) to download this map last night when I joined as spectator.

When I finally entered the map it was about half players and half bots (not including Terminator ).
Old 12-17-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
I don't know if anyone else is having an issue with the in-game map download but it took quite some time (~10 minutes) to download this map last night when I joined as spectator
My bad (I guess). I did upload to the redirect but I didn't see it there when I checked just now. *shrug*
It's there now. Tested working ok.

Did notice that EvenMatchV2 wasn't on the redirect, found it in the system folder of the server. Copied
to redirect.
Bad Pi (HA ! you're human too).

Old 12-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

We tried playing the map yesterday and it had some weird stuff going on but it may just have been from the heavy load on the server from everyone trying to download at the same time if you look at the logs I was the only one on the map for last round and a half. (FYI I only stayed on so that any in the middle of download could receive the map before changing it)Plan on playing it this afternoon when no one is on to write notes on any problems and thanks for keeping regular junkyard on as a backup.

I will say of what I saw of the map it's beautiful and the new weapons are awesome as usual Mr. Wormbo and Turbo_K great job as usual!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
hardspike
Server Admin

Played it last night for the first time. It downloaded quickly. The server wasn't busy, only about 7 players. I liked it. My first thought was "brrrr"... it's really cold

Only tried the SPMA briefly and couldn't figure it out before I got killed. The Short Circuit is a nice addition, thanks!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
Wormbo
Wormlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Only tried the SPMA briefly and couldn't figure it out before I got killed.
Uhh, it's point an click, really. The driver drives, the gunner guns, or something like that.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #9
hardspike
Server Admin

Well, I got in it when it spawned at the enemy's primary and was killed in about 15 seconds. It's not the SPMA but looks like it. Don't know the name of it. The only shot I fired before dying was as the driver and it went straight up in the air like the Basilik (or whatever you call the Aegis like vehicle).

Is that the same vehicle that was raining down some kind of artillery that makes all kinds of unique noise? I heard it on my side of the map but didn't really see anything.

Also, where is the Battery Launcher? Is it in the standard weapons lockers?
Old 12-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #10
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Well, I got in it when it spawned at the enemy's primary and was killed in about 15 seconds. It's not the SPMA but looks like it. Don't know the name of it. The only shot I fired before dying was as the driver and it went straight up in the air like the Basilik (or whatever you call the Aegis like vehicle).

Is that the same vehicle that was raining down some kind of artillery that makes all kinds of unique noise? I heard it on my side of the map but didn't really see anything.

Also, where is the Battery Launcher? Is it in the standard weapons lockers?
The battery launcher replaced all the AVRiLs at the lockers. It looks like an AVRiL with a pink hue and does slightly more damage.

There are two artillery vehicles: The more powerful one replaced the Arbalest, the less powerful one replaced the Paladin at the secondary node, so it can take out the vehicles that camp on top of the hill.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #11
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Need to pull the wasps and put back in the regular fliers please. Now its just a map for fliers to own everything just like Magicisle. The wasps can take out the Minotaur in seconds and locking onto a wasp with a Avril or Battery is almost impossible and the wasps regularly out maneuvers or outruns the Avril or the new Battery launcher anyway. Besides that she is a beautiful map that can be tons of fun!
Old 12-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #12
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
Need to pull the wasps and put back in the regular fliers please. Now its just a map for fliers to own everything just like Magicisle. The wasps can take out the Minotaur in seconds and locking onto a wasp with a Avril or Battery is almost impossible and the wasps regularly out maneuvers or outruns the Avril or the new Battery launcher anyway. Besides that she is a beautiful map that can be tons of fun!
I think one wasp is ok, and one alternate vehicle. Take gunners with you. If you have 2 gunners the weak wasp in this map won't get you first try. Hopefully your gunners know how to get out and link I actually wish that the cores had 3 fliers of some kind. Or 2 there are one at the primaries. With all the ground OPV's its tough getting to anything more than the secondaries or the hill.

Andrew
Old 12-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #13
Usagi
Just Registered

Did I mention that I hate wasps

Really hate them, Magicisle used to be a fun map, then someone added wasps and auroras -

now it is no fun at all
Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #14
Terminator
Getting there...

Yeah the Wasps need to go. I believe Turbo said the Flare Raptors won't work for whatever reason, I forgot why.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #15
Enyo
Getting there...

I think this is a great map addition. And why all the hate on the wasps? Don't we have plenty of tank and other ground vehicle dominated maps? I like the wasps, and quite honestly they're not all that hard to take down. I played the map last night and was frequently killed in the wasp very quickly by rail gun tanks, badgers and enemy mino gunners. The wasp has very low hit points, presumably because it IS a powerful flyer. I actually think the wasp is less powerful than the falcon, which I'd honestly rather see one of the wasps replaced with on this map.

I find it funny that someone would complain the wasp can take the mino down too fast and not complain about the power of the mino itself, not to mention its giant splash damage radius. Shouldn't there be some vehicles that can counter the power of the mino?

And why complain about "over-powered vehicles" at all? The modified vehicles are one of the things that makes this server fun. Both teams have the same vehicles, so it's even on that count. Sorry if you're not as skilled as some other players in a particular flyer or tank. If you don't like it, go play on one of the thousand empty servers with no mods and all standard vehicles.

Thanks for your work TurboK, nice job on the map.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:15 AM   #16
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
I think this is a great map addition. And why all the hate on the wasps? Don't we have plenty of tank and other ground vehicle dominated maps? I like the wasps, and quite honestly they're not all that hard to take down. I played the map last night and was frequently killed in the wasp very quickly by rail gun tanks, badgers and enemy mino gunners. The wasp has very low hit points, presumably because it IS a powerful flyer. I actually think the wasp is less powerful than the falcon, which I'd honestly rather see one of the wasps replaced with on this map.

I find it funny that someone would complain the wasp can take the mino down too fast and not complain about the power of the mino itself, not to mention its giant splash damage radius. Shouldn't there be some vehicles that can counter the power of the mino?

And why complain about "over-powered vehicles" at all? The modified vehicles are one of the things that makes this server fun. Both teams have the same vehicles, so it's even on that count. Sorry if you're not as skilled as some other players in a particular flyer or tank. If you don't like it, go play on one of the thousand empty servers with no mods and all standard vehicles.

Thanks for your work TurboK, nice job on the map.
agreed... i wasn't super pumped to see the wasp but i definitely don't hate it either. to kill someone with a wasp you need to get up close which makes it highly vulnerable. I think it's easier to take down than most other flyers where you can spam from a distance.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #17
Terminator
Getting there...

After playing this map for a while, I like it a lot more than D-junk!

A few things though....

There are not enough fast movers at the core and the wasps respawn time is set too high. I think decreasing the Wasp respawn time would be a good and adding the Node Exploder to the core would be beneficial.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #18
Turbo K
Community Veteran

I can do another edit. If anyone wants other stuff changed, please comment.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:11 PM   #19
Lagzilla
Getting there...

There is a wicked terrain feature on one of the left hill secondaries that gets vehicles stuck quite a bit.

The terrain on one side of the maps right secondary is far harder to get up than the other side.

I still think having the turtle on the hill is not fun for more than a the person driving the turtle.

Andrew
Old 03-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #20
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
After playing this map for a while, I like it a lot more than D-junk!

A few things though....

There are not enough fast movers at the core and the wasps respawn time is set too high. I think decreasing the Wasp respawn time would be a good and adding the Node Exploder to the core would be beneficial.
Just a tad to high though. These vehicles dominate the map through one of 2 ways... the vehicle itself doing damage or the vehicle transporting players to the wave flack.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught