Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 05-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #61
dognuts
Just Registered

Thanks for being kind Termy but I don't "let" you kill me. I simply don't have many other options...
Old 05-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #62
dognuts
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
The only ones on that list that don't get needlessly pissy on a regular basis are Spoon and McLovin, the others want to dictate your play and make their own rules, hell Sarge breaks the rules on a consistent basis with the strategic team joins, spinning the mino out, harassment, etc.

Dognuts isn't around much anyway, so that seems kinda pointless.
Not sure what you're talking about Xexx. I'm around quite a bit. I do however have a life that requires me to be away every now and then but I'm on pretty often. Nothing like slagging people on the list. To be quite frank, you have a tendency to be a "shit magnet" by the way you talk to people. Nobody is perfect Xexx and everyone has moments they're not proud of.

Last edited by dognuts; 05-27-2018 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Had to address the slagging...
Old 05-27-2018, 09:06 PM   #63
dognuts
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmallBerries View Post
Plus, Dognuts has a position named after him. That's worth something.
I suppose it's better than the missionary position.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:09 AM   #64
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
The only ones on that list that don't get needlessly pissy on a regular basis are Spoon and McLovin, the others want to dictate your play and make their own rules, hell Sarge breaks the rules on a consistent basis with the strategic team joins, spinning the mino out, harassment, etc.

Dognuts isn't around much anyway, so that seems kinda pointless.
Xexx: They tell me how to play! Wah!!

Also Xexx: Why don't people play here much anymore?

Get stuffed dude. You are a shitlord.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:13 AM   #65
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
You got a poll or is that another one of your TROLL rants. F U Lagzilla. I only have 3 on my current list of ignores, and YOU are on the top of MY list.
I assume you are storing the "poll," honestly.

Please dude, get help. Or take your meds.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:17 AM   #66
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence Enyo. I'd be happy to try my hand at being an Admin if I have people's confidence. I agree with Enyo though that I wouldn't want a bunch of red tape. There are people routinely pissing around that could use a kick in the ass to put them on the straight and narrow. Anyway, I'm game to try to help out with the server any way I can. It's been awesome being part of the community over the years.

dognuts
Dognuts has my vote, fwiw.

A
Old 05-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #67
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Xexx: They tell me how to play! Wah!!

Also Xexx: Why don't people play here much anymore?

Get stuffed dude. You are a shitlord.
Enter needlessly pissy.

Lol. Nice projection dude. I've only played for 2 days a week for the last 3 months. Never once complained about the population or dwindling player amount.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #68
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Enter needlessly pissy.

Lol. Nice projection dude. I've only played for 2 days a week for the last 3 months. Never once complained about the population or dwindling player amount.
Needlessly pissy? I hope one day you have the ability to clearly reflect on your impact to people playing this game on this server.

Also, you may want to look up what projection means, because your sentence makes no sense.

I was curious when your shitty tactics get used if was based on trolling people or real strategy. I noticed a few things... If Sarge was on the other team I found you frequently spammed locked nodes or the core. I wonder why that is? I think the word is shitlord. Ditto for Enyo on the opposing team.

When the other team is weaker.. by far... you seem to get bored. In that process you hang out spamming and griefing the core when there is no remote reason to be there... unless you are being a shitlord.

Since the community is self policing, and has been for a while two things have happened. 1. People got tired of fairly constant d-bag behavior. 2. People realized that nothing would change with things on autopilot.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #69
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Needlessly pissy? I hope one day you have the ability to clearly reflect on your impact to people playing this game on this server.

Also, you may want to look up what projection means, because your sentence makes no sense.

I was curious when your shitty tactics get used if was based on trolling people or real strategy. I noticed a few things... If Sarge was on the other team I found you frequently spammed locked nodes or the core. I wonder why that is? I think the word is shitlord. Ditto for Enyo on the opposing team.

When the other team is weaker.. by far... you seem to get bored. In that process you hang out spamming and griefing the core when there is no remote reason to be there... unless you are being a shitlord.

Since the community is self policing, and has been for a while two things have happened. 1. People got tired of fairly constant d-bag behavior. 2. People realized that nothing would change with things on autopilot.
Very simple tactics dude. If I'm "spamming" your core, you've lost all your nodes and that's where you are, and that's where I want to keep you while our team mates build the node. Exception being strategic vehicles that can turn the tide of the match, they get priority attention if possible.

If you're expecting to not be killed after the round starts at anytime, and then you start bitching about it: you're being pathetic.

You people want to create massive vehicles with 2000 health that one shots the shit out of everything, then you want to stick them on every map without wondering how it's going to impact the balance? You create all these gimmicks and then you wonder why people use them to win?

I played VCTF for 5 years or more before I spent hardly any time here. I'd still prefer to be playing it now. I don't like the mino, I don't like the one shot vehicles with gimmicky abilities and none of my favorite maps have these things. Tanks a lot, master bath, hell the only map I've edited and suggest we have here is Egyptian war and it's a small map with none of the above bullshit on it. I've suggested numerous times we have smaller maps with less gimmicks. I've suggested we even host gametypes with other playstyles (VCTF) but the popular consensus is bigger better with more gimmicks until the game is literally bugging out where shots don't register and it's crashing because of it.

If your shit is getting spammed and killed by one person, it's clearly a failure of design and planning.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:30 PM   #70
Enyo
Getting there...

Am I the only one around here capable of looking in a mirror and admitting that I'm a hot-headed asshole when playing the game?

Xexx, yes you are a very skilled, albeit douchey player. Truth is you would be far more helpful and effective if you would just focus on the nodes you can actually build or destroy like dognuts, sarge and myself (and that goes for everyone that plays here). And yes, you can be a condescending dick (like myself) when your team isn't so good or not doing what you think is good strategy. Which is a bit hypocritical given you spend much of your time spamming locked nodes or the core (even when all the enemy nodes aren't down - you can't honestly deny that). It's funny how you argue about it being good strategy, but the frequency at which you started going straight to locked nodes at the beginning of a round dramatically increased after everyone started blasting you for it... the point being you know it irritates people and THAT is why you do it. Unfortunately what you don't get is that it irritates your OWN TEAM more than it does the other. Or, you just don't care, which is also unfortunate.

Can Sarge equally be a dick? Yes, but usually only when someone like myself or you start pushing his buttons (which I admit I have a little fun doing – sorry, Sarge).

I'm sticking with my original list for admin noms, including McLovin. I've never heard him lose his cool or speak to players, well, the way I sometimes do. He's always having fun and has always been on point when calling out d-bag behavior.

Hopefully Carpe will consider a few new admins since, like Lagzilla said, several have moved on to other games and are here very infrequently. Dognuts plays regularly enough and is one of the most level headed guys on the server, so he's definitely a top pick for me.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #71
dognuts
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Am I the only one around here capable of looking in a mirror and admitting that I'm a hot-headed asshole when playing the game?

Xexx, yes you are a very skilled, albeit douchey player. Truth is you would be far more helpful and effective if you would just focus on the nodes you can actually build or destroy like dognuts, sarge and myself (and that goes for everyone that plays here). And yes, you can be a condescending dick (like myself) when your team isn't so good or not doing what you think is good strategy. Which is a bit hypocritical given you spend much of your time spamming locked nodes or the core (even when all the enemy nodes aren't down - you can't honestly deny that). It's funny how you argue about it being good strategy, but the frequency at which you started going straight to locked nodes at the beginning of a round dramatically increased after everyone started blasting you for it... the point being you know it irritates people and THAT is why you do it. Unfortunately what you don't get is that it irritates your OWN TEAM more than it does the other. Or, you just don't care, which is also unfortunate.

Can Sarge equally be a dick? Yes, but usually only when someone like myself or you start pushing his buttons (which I admit I have a little fun doing Ė sorry, Sarge).

I'm sticking with my original list for admin noms, including McLovin. I've never heard him lose his cool or speak to players, well, the way I sometimes do. He's always having fun and has always been on point when calling out d-bag behavior.

Hopefully Carpe will consider a few new admins since, like Lagzilla said, several have moved on to other games and are here very infrequently. Dognuts plays regularly enough and is one of the most level headed guys on the server, so he's definitely a top pick for me.
Couldn't agree more Enyo. That's why I said in a previous response to Xexx that we've all done/said things we aren't proud of. Tempers can flare and in that way the server simply reflects real life. Using a douchey playing style only raises tempers and inflames in-game talk. I agree that Xexx is a skilled player but I've been on the receiving end of some of his core spamming tactics both with and without locked primaries.

There used to be a certain level of decorum that has degraded over time. It's possible to bring it back but it will take effort on everyone's part. I've had misunderstandings with a lot of people on the server over time and 99% of the time those differences are resolved...even with Lagzilla...and believe it or not Lag, that's a compliment
Old 05-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #72
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

People get upset or hot-headed playing this game?!!? Who knew. I thought it was only GTKU.

I think its sad or ironic, that Paminator behavior happens all to often now.

Really I think having multiple admins (the above list is good), if someone abuses their admin power they can be reported and dealt with.

Sometimes a good strategy, say killing at 1/2 on MTMU with a HH (or Xexxing as I like to call it), is douchy but effective. I don't really mind it as it is contributing to winning the game vs. just being an ass--like repeatedly spamming a locked node or core with no hope of it unlocking ( and you've all done it once or twice at least).
Old 05-31-2018, 03:41 PM   #73
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
Couldn't agree more Enyo. That's why I said in a previous response to Xexx that we've all done/said things we aren't proud of. Tempers can flare and in that way the server simply reflects real life. Using a douchey playing style only raises tempers and inflames in-game talk. I agree that Xexx is a skilled player but I've been on the receiving end of some of his core spamming tactics both with and without locked primaries.

There used to be a certain level of decorum that has degraded over time. It's possible to bring it back but it will take effort on everyone's part. I've had misunderstandings with a lot of people on the server over time and 99% of the time those differences are resolved...even with Lagzilla...and believe it or not Lag, that's a compliment
Dognuts is right on about not only being able to, but also NEEDING to resolve differences. Lagzilla and I used to seemingly hate each other, just go back a couple years and look at the horrible things we said to each other on this forum. Like D-nuts said, it was mostly an ill-tempered misunderstanding on both our parts. We’re very civil with each other now, Hell I even like him (not in a weird way Lag) and we have good conversations on the rare occasion when he still plays here.

Same goes for Sarge... I think he totally despised me for a while, maybe still does, and I can understand why - I am not nice when I think someone is not doing what they should or not doing it quickly enough. Just another reason why I work for myself and want no employees. I still disagree with him personally quite often, but I have profound respect for the man and the player, which is why I put him on the admin wish list. I think the feeling is mutual, he unmuted me and only curses at me nowadays when I’m being over the top (or just fucking with him).

I think most long-time players here now get that I’m not directing my comments toward them, because the only ones that seem to take offense these days are the very players we’re talking about needing an occasional timeout. Which brings us all back to needing more active admins.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #74
McGimpkins
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Perhaps I'm ignorant of what it takes to be an admin... but what is involved in making someone an admin and for them to be able to kick someone mid-game? What are the action steps?
Here, let me fill you in on what it is like to kick/ban someone:

Scenario 1:
You have a player, we'll refer to them as X. For whatever reason, X gets it in their head that they no longer want to go after the objectives in the game. They want to hang out at locked nodes shooting players as they spawn, or go to the enemy core and destroying empty vehicles, running people over with hoverboards, spamming a bio tank, etc, as they are just trying to get to a weapons locker or vehicle. So you give X timeout, and X self-righteously shows up on the forums stating that everything they do is some sort of "strategy", and how dare you put them on the bench.

In the meantime you get some entire peanut gallery of other players showing up and defending X's behavior, stating "why don't you just kill them?", or stating something along the lines of "There are no rules in warfare!" And of course you get the token players stating "I told you, this is what you get when you put overpower vehicles in maps!!!!!! We all need to go back to playing the stock maps with stock vehicles and everything will be rainbows and gumdrops!!!!!" You try and explain that although running around a Football field with a baseball bat, kneecapping the other players, may well be a valid strategy to victory, it is not very sportsman and makes the game not that fun to play, but of course that goes over everyone's head.

X is let back on with some sort of very grey agreement that they don't be a douche excessively, but of course we all know they go right back to their behavior, and when you boot them again, they will state, "Well, such and such was doing the same thing" or "Prove I was doing it!"

In the meantime, people get tired of being spawn killed by X and do one of two things, they leave, or they proceed to do the same thing, ignoring the objectives and fucking off at the enemy core or locked nodes. Now you have a bunch of people on the server fucking off and further pushing people that actually want to play the game away, and you don't want to ban them all because there will be nobody left on the server.

Because it is an uphill battle requiring a bunch of your personal time and energy to prove the person is being a douche, and even when you do a bunch of people show up to defend their actions, it ends up being along the lines of "Is this worth my time to pursue and argue about?"

Scenario 2:
X loves to hear the sound of his own voice. He routinely holds down the talk button shouting the random thoughts and vulgarities that pass though his conciseness. At different points in time X's behavior is brought into question and people reply with "Why don't you just mute him?" You try to explain that you are missing the point. X is setting a precedent for discourse on the server. If you allow him to yell and be a condescending asshole to players, youíre setting the bar that all players can be vile toxic condescending asshole on the server. X is banned for his over the top mental chemical imbalances.

It is brought up on the forums, and of course the usual suspect from Scenario 1 show up defending X's behavior, even legitimizing it. X of course feels embolden to act like a complete ass, and ends up back on the server by buying another key or being let on with a warning from the Admins. Now the Admins have to go through the same hoops again to try and get X to not act like a petulant child. All while you are thinking to yourself "Iím not a fucking babysitter. X's time would be way better spent in therapy than playing UT online."

In the mean time X's petulant child antics have set the bar for other players to whine, cry, bellyache, and complain into their mics about everything from people not going to correct nodes, to "Why am I stuck on a team with a bunch of shitty players?" Which of course is what everyone really wants to hear, motivates people to want to play the game more, and in no way makes them to quit and go find other games that do not have +40 year old men whining like 13 year old girls.

There is a certain amount of irony in people in here complaining about the server being empty and the only people coming on to play are vile, toxic, people whom are miserable to communicate with and/or sand bag and don't go after objectives, and in the game.

I've wanted to crack down on this behavior so that people would not get pushed away from the server. But when I do, I am met with a fair amount of defending, straw-men, and push back on the forums, and now there people that are complaining that all the people on the server do this and why don't the admins crack down on it?! Because you have defended and legitimized their actions and pushed away the people that actually want to play so whom do you expect to be left with?

To everyone reading this, look long and hard at how you conduct yourself while playing the game....
Old 06-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #75
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Well said McGimpkins! Glad to see some of the adults are still with us.

- Cooler heads will always reign supreme. At least that's the hope.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:22 AM   #76
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Here, let me fill you in on what it is like to kick/ban someone:

Scenario 1:
You have a player, we'll refer to them as X. For whatever reason, X gets it in their head that they no longer want to go after the objectives in the game. They want to hang out at locked nodes shooting players as they spawn, or go to the enemy core and destroying empty vehicles, running people over with hoverboards, spamming a bio tank, etc, as they are just trying to get to a weapons locker or vehicle. So you give X timeout, and X self-righteously shows up on the forums stating that everything they do is some sort of "strategy", and how dare you put them on the bench.
We've updated our privacy policy, it now contains 15% reality with 85% fiction. Oh the joys of getting to toss around the slippery slope fallacy with random abandon.

I play the objectives more than 95% of the server, hands down.

Quote:
In the meantime you get some entire peanut gallery of other players showing up and defending X's behavior, stating "why don't you just kill them?", or stating something along the lines of "There are no rules in warfare!" And of course you get the token players stating "I told you, this is what you get when you put overpower vehicles in maps!!!!!! We all need to go back to playing the stock maps with stock vehicles and everything will be rainbows and gumdrops!!!!!" You try and explain that although running around a Football field with a baseball bat, kneecapping the other players, may well be a valid strategy to victory, it is not very sportsman and makes the game not that fun to play, but of course that goes over everyone's head.
Indeed, you know what else is not sportsman like? Flanking the enemy. In fact, maybe we should all just meet in the middle of the map with assault rifles. We should also disable dodge jumping, because half the server can't navigate their keyboards in regards geometry. Let's ban shooting someone in the back too, or approaching the enemy from a direction they're not expecting while we're at it. It's all "unsportsman" like. (But whatever you do, let's not define it or write it down anywhere and you're clearly not all in agreement)

Or you just don't like the admitted valid strategy to victory... So if you don't do it, why should anyone else?

Quote:
X is let back on with some sort of very grey agreement that they don't be a douche excessively, but of course we all know they go right back to their behavior, and when you boot them again, they will state, "Well, such and such was doing the same thing" or "Prove I was doing it!"
More fiction indeed - There's just truth. It's a valid strategy, it works well when someone skilled does it, and it works even better because it's not actively practiced by many and it's generally unexpected. The beginning of the map is a race. Slowing the enemy down in the race is the key to winning. Better let the enemy amass at the node clearly visible from the node your team is trying to build.

Oh hey... We don't have any nodes at all. This base is a safe space guys, you shouldn't be around here. You shouldn't kill me after I lost the entire map, I'm already feeling down.

Quote:

In the meantime, people get tired of being spawn killed by X and do one of two things, they leave, or they proceed to do the same thing, ignoring the objectives and fucking off at the enemy core or locked nodes. Now you have a bunch of people on the server fucking off and further pushing people that actually want to play the game away, and you don't want to ban them all because there will be nobody left on the server.
Sounds like a Twilight Zone map where time loops and you're unable to spawn at another node and the count down timer doesn't exist, new rounds never appear and new maps have been lost forever...

Quote:
Scenario 2:
X loves to hear the sound of his own voice. He routinely holds down the talk button shouting the random thoughts and vulgarities that pass though his conciseness. At different points in time X's behavior is brought into question and people reply with "Why don't you just mute him?" You try to explain that you are missing the point. X is setting a precedent for discourse on the server. If you allow him to yell and be a condescending asshole to players, youíre setting the bar that all players can be vile toxic condescending asshole on the server. X is banned for his over the top mental chemical imbalances.

It is brought up on the forums, and of course the usual suspect from Scenario 1 show up defending X's behavior, even legitimizing it. X of course feels embolden to act like a complete ass, and ends up back on the server by buying another key or being let on with a warning from the Admins. Now the Admins have to go through the same hoops again to try and get X to not act like a petulant child. All while you are thinking to yourself "Iím not a fucking babysitter. X's time would be way better spent in therapy than playing UT online."

In the mean time X's petulant child antics have set the bar for other players to whine, cry, bellyache, and complain into their mics about everything from people not going to correct nodes, to "Why am I stuck on a team with a bunch of shitty players?" Which of course is what everyone really wants to hear, motivates people to want to play the game more, and in no way makes them to quit and go find other games that do not have +40 year old men whining like 13 year old girls.

There is a certain amount of irony in people in here complaining about the server being empty and the only people coming on to play are vile, toxic, people whom are miserable to communicate with and/or sand bag and don't go after objectives, and in the game.

I've wanted to crack down on this behavior so that people would not get pushed away from the server. But when I do, I am met with a fair amount of defending, straw-men, and push back on the forums, and now there people that are complaining that all the people on the server do this and why don't the admins crack down on it?! Because you have defended and legitimized their actions and pushed away the people that actually want to play so whom do you expect to be left with?

To everyone reading this, look long and hard at how you conduct yourself while playing the game....
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. I'm not going to disagree with this as there is some truth... Though I do miss GTKU calling people shitstains and various other names. The lack of communication leads me to fill the silence with some bullshit, even though much of it is relevant to game play. Sorry about that. I'll keep it under wraps more in the 1 or 2 days I'm playing a week.

Good day, sir.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #77
Binger

Wow. I mean wow, Xexx. You are delusional and full of shit. Please just go away. You ruin fun.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #78
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Wow. I mean wow, Xexx. You are delusional and full of shit. Please just go away. You ruin fun.
The doakes reference was too much, huh?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #79
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
The doakes reference was too much, huh?
Be nice to Binger, he is my friend and is a nice guy.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #80
Enyo
Getting there...

So xexx, regarding the original point of this post, please explain the “strategy” when you’re repeatedly spamming the core rooftop on MTMU with the dragon instead of shooting at the core when your team has fully built an enemy primary. Already know your lame rationalization, so I’ll save you the time... you’re preventing the enemy from getting to the primary with the flyers to take it back, right? Oh really? So once you’ve bombed and destroyed all the flyers and hover boards, I guess you’re really helping your team out by continuously pummeling the roof instead of shooting the core... they might run all the way on foot to get that primary back before you’re done destroying the core. Sure sounds like sandbagging to me.

OR, and we’ve all witnessed this one too, instead of spamming the core roof you’re flying around shooting foot soldiers or ground vehicles, some of which aren’t even going toward the primary your team owns. And oh yeah, you’re still not shooting the core. Meanwhile the timer runs out and your team gets one point instead of the two you could (and should) have helped get, but purposely didn’t. What’s the strategy there? Oh I remember what you told me once, you like that map and wanted to play it again, especially since so many of the maps are “shitty and full of gimmicks.” Yeah let’s pummel the other team for another 30 minutes instead of getting it over with quickly. That’s a great “strategy” for keeping players on.

Either way you’re a sandbagging cocksucker and I’m sure you’ll be by shortly to issue yet another lame rationalization (that only you think is clever) for your shitty d-bag behavior. Interesting how you keep defending your actions as some kind of sound strategy, especially racing to the enemy primary at round start. Nobody worth a shit on this server is surprised by it, least of all me as I intercept your punk ass EVERY TIME I get the dragon. In fact we all expect it knowing you are fully incapable of changing your behavior... I mean strategy.

Last edited by Enyo; 06-03-2018 at 01:41 AM..

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught