Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 10-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Binger

Default Ion Tank file?

Is there a file for the latest Ion tank version? I can only find embedded ones. I want to edit it for longer range for a certain map. I can extract it from a map but I would rather extract it from its own file.

I know there are multiple versions so what I want is the one that won't blow up when unmanned and has the team colors and has the larger alt-fire radius. Does the one on D-Junk fit all that?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

The one from TanksALot sure seems to have a wide alt fire radius, especially vertically.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
Binger

Ah cool, thank you. That one is from Onslaught Toys. That's close enough to what I was looking for.

As far as the alt-fire, out of curiosity I looked into the Toys one vs the original and it's all beyond me. There is some programming math that I don't understand so I stopped trying to make sense of it. I will likely try to change the alt-fire to zoom anyway so I'm not sure why I even mentioned that part.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Would it be possible to make the scroll wheel zoom and keep the alt fire?
Old 10-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #5
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Would it be possible to make the scroll wheel zoom and keep the alt fire?
For someone smart maybe but for me probably not. I'll try though. That's a good idea.

btw I do plan on boosting it's minigun damage and it's only for an Onslaught version of Up-MilitaryFort that I'm working on. I doubled the size of the map and it has very long lines of sight with no fog. My fps is pretty good on it so I think I want to leave it like that. I already made a new Goliath that can shoot all the way across the map and now I want to add an Ion tank that can do the same. I doubt it would ever be used outside of that map so the alt-fire shock wave might not be missed that much.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #6
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Right on. It's handy in the sniper servers to be able to zoom forward and backward to adjust your sights. Zoomed all the way back returns you to normal view. Check it out if you haven't already.... the sniper servers are all ghost towns but they're still up.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
duh
www.gotse.cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Right on. It's handy in the sniper servers to be able to zoom forward and backward to adjust your sights. Zoomed all the way back returns you to normal view. Check it out if you haven't already.... the sniper servers are all ghost towns but they're still up.
ya ya...luv this feature on a sniper rifle. Check out ODC camper server if you want to see it in action. I too wish we had this on the ION, I would jump into it more if i could see my target..
Old 10-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #8
Binger

Sorry guys but I don't think a mousewheel zoom is going to happen on the Ion tank. I can almost guarantee that I won't be able to figure it out. I'm not a coder. I just change some values that are already there.

One problem I see is that it's already used to adjust first/thrid person view. Only way I can think is to set the first person view to be maximum zoom but I think views are done with camera offset and zoom is done with fov. I'll have a look but unless someone like Wormbo or Crusha is willing to make it happen then I wouldn't count on it.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #9
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

No sweat just tossing out ideas. Thanks for the mods
Old 10-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #10
Binger

It's a good idea. I just don't think I can do it. I wish I could. If you can think of a vehicle that does that I'll check it out. I think there is a turret, iirc, that uses the mousewheel for zoom but it probably doesn't also use it to adjust between third and first person views.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner