Server Sponsor

How about when taking a node down?
Old 11-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #102
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
I guess... But you shouldn't be shooting a node with a rocket launcher anyways... Unless you're far away. Always flak a node.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #103
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
IF you are hitting a node from a distance you definitely want to spiral.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #104
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
If we are going for realism, then the air vehicles should be all-powerful. I want a raptor variant with dual-chainguns that can absolutely shred light vehicles and infantry, and air-to-ground bunker-buster missiles that will one-shot any tank or node.

Basically a Falcon with double mino minigun turrets and an Ion-tank cannon. While we're at it, let's throw in a targeting system that shows enemy positions on the minimap.
You are trying to discredit my idea by comparing it to something extreme. Your idea and mine are not the same. Your comparison is ridiculous and it's pretty lame that you would try that on me.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #105
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I guess... But you shouldn't be shooting a node with a rocket launcher anyways... Unless you're far away. Always flak a node.
Flak is quicker than shock combos?
Old 11-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #106
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Flak is quicker than shock combos?
There was a discussion a long time ago about which weapons do the most damage per second (in the assault forum I think, regarding weapons to use against destroy-this objectives). I don't remember for sure, but I think the general consensus was that flak primary, assuming you're close enough for all of the flak to hit, was the most damaging per second weapon. I'll post it if I can find it but nothing coming up in search at the moment. One advantage of combos on a node is that you're far enough from the node to not be killed if an enemy tank shoots the node, but combos deplete your ammo quickly. Link primary is also an option, but you need link ammo to charge the node after your destroy it.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #107
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
There was a discussion a long time ago about which weapons do the most damage per second (in the assault forum I think, regarding weapons to use against destroy-this objectives). I don't remember for sure, but I think the general consensus was that flak primary, assuming you're close enough for all of the flak to hit, was the most damaging per second weapon. I'll post it if I can find it but nothing coming up in search at the moment. One advantage of combos on a node is that you're far enough from the node to not be killed if an enemy tank shoots the node, but combos deplete your ammo quickly. Link primary is also an option, but you need link ammo to charge the node after your destroy it.
My favorites are flak primary, link primary then toss and get a new one to rebuild, and shock combos if i'm that perfect distance where I can fire them off as fast as possible with them exploding right on top of the node. I'll shoot a rocket spiral if i'm running up to the node then use link primary until I get close enough to use flak. The link primary has a surprisingly huge range.

Also the assault rifle primary if I'm trying to prevent opposing team from building a node and they can't see where I'm hiding.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #108
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
You are trying to discredit my idea by comparing it to something extreme. Your idea and mine are not the same. Your comparison is ridiculous and it's pretty lame that you would try that on me.
Tanks have massively increased in power compared to the vanilla game, while infantry has remained unchanged for the most part. Yet, the tank drivers are still complaining about infantry and flyers being overpowered.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #109
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Tanks have massively increased in power compared to the vanilla game, while infantry has remained unchanged for the most part. Yet, the tank drivers are still complaining about infantry and flyers being overpowered.
The increase in power of tanks was not a move away from the balance of realistic vs unrealistic that the stock game had. Giving a player on foot the power to destroy a tank in seconds without any damage to themselves (a change to infantry) is a strong move towards the side of unrealistic. Same with giving a small, silent, and fast flyer more power than a tank. Adding those things to a map is a reaction to the more powerful tanks and that is not a reasonable justification imo. It's only a way for people who don't like tanks to lessen their importance and nothing else.

Edit: Turbo, I don't like arguing with you. There are some around here that I don't mind arguing with but you're not one of them. I do really appreciate all that you've done for the community. Like, Denum is a good edit and if it wasn't for you ONS-Goliath never would have gotten finished. When D-jay stopped doing things it got a little stale around here and you brought life back to the excitement for new things. You've also helped me a lot with other things and I appreciate that. I used to occasionally play on heavily modded servers but I always came back to Omni because it seemed the most sensible and for modded servers the closest to what I consider the spirit of the original Onslaught. I'm just trying to preserve that as much as I can. However when you use a false analogy to discredit my ideas I get a little triggered.

Last edited by Binger; 11-21-2017 at 12:02 AM..

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner