Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 03-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #1
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Default Last one standing... been there, it aint pretty

Doom 1994ish, Quake 1996 saw the last CTF server go down. They found an old Y2K laptop in the lab last week, said I had Duke Nukem on it. Yeah, end of an era. Went 10 years between Quake and UT before I played again. Ol men cryin in their beers, LOL! Good ol days. CYAs in 10.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
CYAs in 10.
You hanging it up?

The server has been getting gradually quieter lately. Only seems to be 3-5 of them active anymore. The euro ones are useless to me because of the high ping.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #3
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Not hanging it up, just playing less and less, until I find something better and haven't yet. Haven't really looked or wanted to. But yeah, the server is getting less populated lately and it's noticeable even to me now as little as I play. Same with the euro servers for me also, the only good ping I get is to Omni. And I absolutely hate learning new games, haha! Took me a lifetime to learn 3 so far.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Enyo
Getting there...

The server is definitely less populated compared to the last couple years. A lot of the old good players are gone seemingly for good, but there seems to be a crop of newcomers on lately. Unfortunately many of them are there just to tool around and not actually play.

I know the server tends to be a bit slower in the Summer too, so hoping it picks back up again some in the Fall. Sad to see this game finally teetering out, but I guess asking for 20 years out of the same game is asking a bit much. I've tried a bunch of other FPS games too, absolutely none of them have the smooth, crisp, fast action that this game does... can't seem to get into any of them.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:34 AM   #5
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Yeah this'll be a bummer. Even though i've been considering hanging it up for good. I sometimes wonder if this game counts as my nightly relax time since I dont watch tv/netflix... or if i'm actually hooked on it. I guess I'll find out if this server goes away. I do miss my old UMG League server... the forums have even disappeared so I have no idea where all those players have gone. Good thing someone made that Omni facebook page.

I can't get into any other fps games either. I dont know how to describe it but they all seem so easy, like I'm playing on a guided track. Not that I'm any good at them, they just seem like I'm not really in control and just playing my way through a movie or something.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
provert
Just Registered

When we continually allow players to hit the first enemy node as it is being built, people will leave. When we continually allow players to camp at the enemy core, people will leave. When bullies continually pick on players, people will leave. When players push vehicles around on their own team, people will leave. At least when Guy yelled it was directed at the whole team, for the most part. In the 14 yrs I've played this game, I only just recently muted two players. I actually have better game play with the higher pings of the EU servers. My ping is about twice that of Omni on CEONNS and I enjoy playing there more now. If I could only get off work earlier to take advantage of it...
Old 07-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
When we continually allow players to hit the first enemy node as it is being built, people will leave. When we continually allow players to camp at the enemy core, people will leave. When bullies continually pick on players, people will leave. When players push vehicles around on their own team, people will leave. At least when Guy yelled it was directed at the whole team, for the most part. In the 14 yrs I've played this game, I only just recently muted two players. ...
The only policing going on is in-game among the regular players. Be vocal about it and "NAME EM AND SHAME EM" is my suggestion. Call it out when you see it. Spectate and watch some and you'll be amazed at the bullshit going on.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Don't forget to do screen caps, record demos, or do a screen recording of the offenders. It's much more effective. You are still welcome to call them out and they might change (or you might even get a rare kick vote on them)... but with documentation, you can get them a temp ban. Helps with the lawlessness feel too. "Stop or you'll get banned." ... "yea wat ru gonna do fuckface! HAHA" ... next day -> "oh."
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught