Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 02-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
hardspike
Server Admin

Default Epic Games Fortnite Battle Royale is a blast and it's free

I know everyone is wondering what the hell happened to me, why haven't I been on the server for a long time. Well, here's why:

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e.../battle-royale

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/download

I've got a new addiction in Epic Games Fortnite Battle Royale. It's free to play and uses the Unreal Engine.

The concept is a giant map with 100 players. You die you're out. Last man standing wins. You can drop anywhere you want in the map. As time progresses a "storm" shrinks and forces players into a smaller safe zone. If you survive till the last few players the match will last about 20 minutes max.

You can play solo, in pairs (Duo) or a team of four (Squads). If anyone wants to play friend me over there on PC, my tag is "timeshifter".

Oh, it runs on PC, Xbox or PS4. There's even a trick to play crossplatform PC and PS4 (i.e. PS4 players can play alongside PC players).
Old 02-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
Binger

Very popular game. They pulled all the devs from UT4 to work on Fortnite. The Battle Royale mode they sort of ripped off from PUBG got crazy big player numbers. Looks fun.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:17 AM   #3
Binger

Okay, I'm in. I've been wanting to try this for a while and your post was the motivation I needed. Thanks for showing me around. Sorry I was such a newb. I'm actually a little better than that but I was trying to figure out my voice chat most of the time. I'm still learning the whole inventory management thing also and not taking it very serious yet. Finally got a kill on my 8th match. It was getting frustrating. I did get at least get one hit on an enemy in all but one of those 8 matches so that was encouraging. I also got a top 10 and top 25 in those matches but that was mostly cause I landed on the edge and didn't encounter anyone for a long time.

I think I'm going to go back Solo for awhile until I get better. It would cool if others from here joined and we could do the Squad play or whatever it's called.

Btw, Necro posted about this a while back...

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14802
Old 02-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #4
Lagzilla
Getting there...

I have been enjoying this game as well, even though I am currently horrible at it. Thankfully I have met a few folks over there that have been helpful and tolerant of my noobishness.

Good times.

Andrew
Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #5
Binger

Did you unfriend me at Epic Lag? I noticed you're no longer on my friends list.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #6
Binger

Matchmaking seems a little off. I know I'm slower than most at learning this kind of stuff but I will spectate people that kill me and I can tell from all the videos I watch that these people have a lot more time in the game than me. I'll keep trying though. I finally got my second kill but I'm up to like 20 matches.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #7
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
I know everyone is wondering what the hell happened to me, why haven't I been on the server for a long time.
Not not really...

J/K

Fortnite sounds fun, I'll give it a try on the Mac version?
Old 02-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #8
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Did you unfriend me at Epic Lag? I noticed you're no longer on my friends list.
No, that is weird...

I forget my username ATM, will PM you when I am in it next.

Andrew
Old 02-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
Binger

This game is hard for me. I'm really not doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
No, that is weird...

I forget my username ATM, will PM you when I am in it next.

Andrew
Cool, maybe we never friended at Epic. I know we where using your TS so maybe that's what I'm thinking. I have Flacis, HoC Termintaor, McGimpkins, Miauz55555, OMNI-pOOty, timshifter, Turbo K. Wasn't there someone else playing UT with us? Like johnr or something? I think it was Berries? I sent WMD40 a request a long time ago but he never accepted.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #10
Terminator
Getting there...

I forgot my PW

LOL
Old 02-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #11
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I forgot my PW

LOL
There's a button for that. You want me to take a screenie to show you where it is?
Old 02-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #12
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Fortnite sounds fun, I'll give it a try on the Mac version?
Should run just fine on your Mac.

Quote:
This game is hard for me. I'm really not doing well.
Me too, but I keep playing. Still don't get too much better, but it's really fun.

Want to see someone who is really good? https://www.twitch.tv.ninja Currently his stream has 60,776 viewers! Imagine an NFL stadium that is full for a Sunday game, that's how many people are watching one person play a video game on a Saturday morning. Wild.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:19 AM   #13
Binger

I've seen Ninja on Youtube. Most of my feed there is Fortnite. I've been watching the BCC Trolling, Muselk has some fun to watch challenges, Lachlan has an Epic employee on his vids sometimes.

I'm SOOOO bad at this game. I think I might quit. 2 kills in like 5 or 6 hours of play. F that. I've never been good at shooters and the third person ones are even more difficult for me for some reason.

I saw your party invite tonight but it went away before I could click. I joined your party from the friends list but it said the match was full. Not sure how all that works. I'm guessing you have to be in a party to use voice and it works in the lobby but for play only if you are in a match together? If I keep playing I would prefer Discord. But not sure I'm going to stick at it.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #14
hardspike
Server Admin

Muselk is one of the best. I don't know if he's got the most elite gaming skills, but he is definitely the most entertaining player.

Here's his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5...OvrLVL2v7Nl61w

Quote:
I'm SOOOO bad at this game. I think I might quit. 2 kills in like 5 or 6 hours of play.
Check out some of this guy's tips:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN_...1emUHq2Fz3DWuQ

Quote:
I saw your party invite tonight but it went away before I could click. I joined your party from the friends list but it said the match was full. Not sure how all that works.
Yeah, I think if I'm in a match or with another party you'll get that message.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #15
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

I tried this out... it's pretty neat, and seems like it would be fun if I could learn to play better. The thing that bugs me, though, is that when I start to fight someone, they aren't shooting, they're just building walls and platforms really fast to protect themselves and to box me in... it wasn't so much fighting as a contest to see who could build the fastest. That seemed kind of ridiculous to me.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:40 PM   #16
Binger

Quote:
Check out some of this guy's tips:
I've watched a lot of tips videos. My problem is aim. There are some things I could possible change to help that but it won't help much. I'm just not good with the muscle memory thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSmallBerries View Post
I tried this out... it's pretty neat, and seems like it would be fun if I could learn to play better. The thing that bugs me, though, is that when I start to fight someone, they aren't shooting, they're just building walls and platforms really fast to protect themselves and to box me in... it wasn't so much fighting as a contest to see who could build the fastest. That seemed kind of ridiculous to me.
Yeah, pretty wild. I would like it more without the building aspect but it's just part of the game. PUBG is probably more my kind of thing but I don't want to pay for a shooter I'm probably going to suck at. I really wish Fortnite had a shooting range where I could practice. It's like a few minutes of not fighting then a few seconds of fighting. It's hard for me to practice that way. I haven't completely given up yet.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #17
hardspike
Server Admin

I didn't learn how to build until I had been playing for a while. That was a mistake probably. I was too anxious to try to collect weapons and get kills and survive. Eventually I decided to learn. I landed on a higher mountaintop near Dusty Depot. I'd farm a few of the trees to get wood then practice building. No one really ever bothered me up there.

You can die very quickly in this game, so you don't want to ever enter into a fight without being near cover or being able to build your own cover. A head shot from a bolt action sniper rifle deals over 200 damage. So if you have full health (green, 100) and full shields (blue, 100) you can still die in one shot. Other weapons do less damage. I think an AR does 31 damage per shot.

Also, something that too me a long time before I realized it... when you land shots on an opponent you'll see hit values for each shot. For example, each shot you land with an AR you'll see 31, 31, etc. fly off around the opponent. Not only that, it's color coded. Blue numbers mean you're taking off their shield, white numbers mean you're taking off regular health (their shields are gone) and you're close to finishing them. There's also yellow numbers, that means your shot hit in the head.

I'm craving some of that feedback right now, I'm off to play. Hit me up there if you want, I'm "timeshifter"
Old 02-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #18
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
I really wish Fortnite had a shooting range where I could practice. It's like a few minutes of not fighting then a few seconds of fighting. It's hard for me to practice that way. I haven't completely given up yet.
I agree, felt the same way, still do, but I guess I've played so much now it's not an issue. But I was saying the same thing. Would be nice if there was a practice map or something. Friendly fire is turned off in this game, so you could practice fighting with a willing teammate. But not for too long, you'd eventually draw the attention of other players.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #19
Binger

Quote:
...it's color coded.
Cool, I've seen the numbers but never noticed the colors.

Quote:
... Friendly fire is turned off.
I was wondering about this. I've only played Solo except the matches with you but I've seen videos of people killing their teammates.

So there is no skills based matchmaking. Epic mentioned they were going to look into it and apparently a lot of people are against it. Something about what it did to COD. I listened to some of it but I would still like this in the game. I know you get better faster when playing against people that are a lot better than you but because of what is basically a 1 minute spawn time I don't want to play against people like Ninja. I think it could be done right if they were careful.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #20
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
I was wondering about this. I've only played Solo except the matches with you but I've seen videos of people killing their teammates.
They turned it off in a recent update about a month or so ago.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games