Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #21
Xexx

If the round has begun you should expect to be killed at any time. If anything the spawn protection should be decreased. If you don't want to get killed spawn someone there isn't an enemy.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #22
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
If the round has begun you should expect to be killed at any time. If anything the spawn protection should be decreased. If you don't want to get killed spawn someone there isn't an enemy.
Spoken like the total douche spawn killer you are. Spawn protection is there to allow you to get your bearings before getting blasted and for combatting egregious spawn killing at a locked node.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #23
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Just wow. Enyo nailed it.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #24
Enyo
Getting there...

And I'm not talking about spawn killing the next node in succession, that's obviously OK if you're trying to get the connected node up.

Douchey spawn killing is Xexx-like action of going straight to a locked node across the map at the beginning of the round or spamming the roof of the core on MTMU with a dragon instead of hitting the available core.

I especially don't like it when he's on my team and does that shit. I'd rather have him at the nodes we're fighting for, the spawn killing isn't really all that helpful and it just pisses people off on both teams. But that's the point isn't it, getting enjoyment out of annoying and getting a rise out of people... definition of a douchebag.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 AM   #25
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
And I'm not talking about spawn killing the next node in succession, that's obviously OK if you're trying to get the connected node up.

Douchey spawn killing is Xexx-like action of going straight to a locked node across the map at the beginning of the round or spamming the roof of the core on MTMU with a dragon instead of hitting the available core.

I especially don't like it when he's on my team and does that shit. I'd rather have him at the nodes we're fighting for, the spawn killing isn't really all that helpful and it just pisses people off on both teams. But that's the point isn't it, getting enjoyment out of annoying and getting a rise out of people... definition of a douchebag.
MTMU is a bad design, if you want to combat it then there needs to be a jump pad from the top of the base to the top of the building. It would take literally 2 minutes. I don't get top or near top score on a consistent basis by spawn killing. There's no reason to sit around and let the enemy turrets/deemer tank/dragon/flyer/boards lift off with no resistance when your team is trying to get the main nodes and unlock the core. I don't complain when it happens to me and if it's a problem, then Admins should be making it a rule. I consistently line of sight my enemies until the last second if possible, no reason to be seen unless you need too, MTMU just suffers from the tactic a lot due to all the high buildings.

I really just don't care about your opinion of it. If the round has began, you should expect to die.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:47 AM   #26
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
MTMU is a bad design, if you want to combat it then there needs to be a jump pad from the top of the base to the top of the building. It would take literally 2 minutes. I don't get top or near top score on a consistent basis by spawn killing. There's no reason to sit around and let the enemy turrets/deemer tank/dragon/flyer/boards lift off with no resistance when your team is trying to get the main nodes and unlock the core. I don't complain when it happens to me and if it's a problem, then Admins should be making it a rule. I consistently line of sight my enemies until the last second if possible, no reason to be seen unless you need too, MTMU just suffers from the tactic a lot due to all the high buildings.

I really just don't care about your opinion of it. If the round has began, you should expect to die.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #27
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:

You're completely missing the point... the map is not badly designed and there will always be ways to exploit map features that make some spawn killing easy in parts of the map. My point is you're a better player than that and you're far more useful helping at nodes your team is trying to secure than spawn killing. You have to realize I'm speaking from the perspective of someone on your team, it's frustrating to see you take off with the hammerhead and go straight to the enemy primary. Sure, you might kill a guy charging the node, but it usually has nil effect for your team. And everyone expects you to do it now, it's predictable... you should try something different.

You would be farther along faster if you were helping build the nodes or attacking the next node in line. Hunting down the damn mino would be more helpful. Your lack of caring what your teammates think just exposes you as the non-teamplayer we already knew you were. And because of your attitude, nobody really cares about your opinion to reduce spawn protection time to make it easier for you to spawn kill.

Repeated spawn killing goes in the same category as spider mines and miniguns... not illegal but totally lame for skilled players. Most good players avoid using any of it because it all indicates a lack of skill otherwise. You have a lot more ability than most, but still use all the lame beginner tactics. But that's fine... the balancer usually puts us on opposite teams, think I prefer it that way.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #28
Enyo
Getting there...

Oh yeah I forgot, it's even more frustrating and douchey to watch you spawn kill the enemy core roof with the dragon when the core is available to hit. When I commented on it in game the other day, your lame response was the dragon is not a core attacking vehicle. Just quit being a dick and attack the core. And don't give me the lame "I'm killing their dragon and turrets" excuse when you keep dropping bombs on foot soldiers.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #29
Xexx

Quote:
You're completely missing the point... the map is not badly designed and there will always be ways to exploit map features that make some spawn killing easy in parts of the map.
Yet you're not calling out every map, are you?

Quote:
My point is you're a better player than that and you're far more useful helping at nodes your team is trying to secure than spawn killing. You have to realize I'm speaking from the perspective of someone on your team, it's frustrating to see you take off with the hammerhead and go straight to the enemy primary.
I've been playing since beta and I'm perfectly capable of judging what is useful or what is not useful. With a competent team, node interference can easily be a game winning combination to keep the side nodes from locking. Doubly so with an ALT link setup. There are 3 boards and a dragon which are all capable of quickly getting 6 or more players to build the starting nodes, not to mention badgers and the rest. A seventh, eight, or ninth in a hammerhead is NOT going to be relevant unless the team is incompetent, in which case you're pretty much doomed anyway if people just want to fly around on boards doing nothing.

Quote:
Sure, you might kill a guy charging the node, but it usually has nil effect for your team.
That's your opinion, which is clearly wrong. The beginning of the map is a race to build your ion nodes faster than the other team. Slowing down the ion node prevents the enemy mino from cutting off your ion node, and often gives those who've taken the mino the "long way" more time to get into the action without being made irrelevant because they have nothing to hit when the enemy went center. Preventing the enemy ion from spawning often saves the node connected to it from being taken down in one shot.

Quote:
And everyone expects you to do it now, it's predictable... you should try something different.
It doesn't matter if it's predictable, it matters if it's easily countered. It's not easily countered unless the dragon is there defending actively, in which case if you line of sight them correctly you're still close enough to take out the enemy node chargers, bonus points if you can abandon your vehicle in a hard to reach position and steal theirs. I'll easily take the dragon, hammerhead, or hurricane if available. Even if the dragon is there defending, you can often make it to the enemy health and double damage after killing those charging, which also gives you a second chance to take out the dragon with the enemies double damage while you hug the blocks avoiding the blitzkreig. If the enemy isn't there, you have your flyer with the enemy painter WITH their double damage, which makes for a great mino killer or ion node killer if they've managed to get there.

There's literally a whole fucking flow chart of options to game changing actions that interfering with the first enemy node opens up on this map.

Of course, it does depend on your team being competent, but then so does winning in general.

Quote:
You would be farther along faster if you were helping build the nodes or attacking the next node in line.
The node setup means that generally you will be no more than 1 node between you and the enemies first node. They're inherently connected and slowing down the first nodes prevent the others from being available. Simple logic here.

Quote:
Repeated spawn killing goes in the same category as spider mines and miniguns... not illegal but totally lame for skilled players. Most good players avoid using any of it because it all indicates a lack of skill otherwise. You have a lot more ability than most, but still use all the lame beginner tactics. But that's fine... the balancer usually puts us on opposite teams, think I prefer it that way.
"Weapons I don't like are for noobs"

Whatever dude. The same reason you don't like these actions is why you're whining about them. They're simple and effective.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #30
Lagzilla
Getting there...

It does seem to have little effect, and frankly you do come off as a griefer about it.

The only time it makes a big difference is when the opposing team is incompetent. At which point you would already win.. and you are just being a griefer. If the other team is not incompetent and they manage to kill you than you wasted a flier to build a secondary, support your team... or whatever AND you are just being a griefer. All roads lead to you being a griefer, sorry.

The dragon does not need to defend by the way. Centaur or Hurricane can do it just as well and not occupy the dragon. Hell, if the Mino is going to the Dognuts spot he could help too.

A
Old 01-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #31
Enyo
Getting there...

Well said, Lagzilla. A griefer is a griefer and they're not hard to spot, and I've never met one that will admit to it. Well, except Termi and that's why I like him, he's proud of his douchiness.

Quote:
"Weapons I don't like are for noobs"

Whatever dude. The same reason you don't like these actions is why you're whining about them. They're simple and effective.
Sorry but you're once again missing the point... the only time I don't like people using your bitch tactics is when they're on my team, because I think they're weak and ineffective. Please, by all means keep it up when you're not on my team. I'd rather prove my point by beating you than arguing with a brick wall.

And to the original point of all this...

Quote:
If you don't want to get killed spawn somewhere there isn't an enemy.
Your short-sightedness is astounding because you're only thinking of what you want to feed your ego. Zero spawn protection + zero nodes = zero chance to fight/come back. And further beating down a team that's already badly beaten (i.e. spawn killing at the core instead of shooting it) is just poor sportsmanship.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #32
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post

The dragon does not need to defend by the way. Centaur or Hurricane can do it just as well and not occupy the dragon. Hell, if the Mino is going to the Dognuts spot he could help too.
Except the flyer gets there first and can stay on top of the building or divert to somewhere else. Those are both ground vehicles which are much less of a threat.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #33
Xexx

Quote:

Your short-sightedness is astounding because you're only thinking of what you want to feed your ego. Zero spawn protection + zero nodes = zero chance to fight/come back. And further beating down a team that's already badly beaten (i.e. spawn killing at the core instead of shooting it) is just poor sportsmanship.
Rofl. Yes, that's the entire point. The enemy shouldn't have artificial advantages in order to mount a comeback. Battlefield 1 gives the losers trains blimps and other bullshit to reward people who are failing. The whole goal is to keep the enemy from making any attempt at a comeback whatsoever.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #34
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Rofl. Yes, that's the entire point. The enemy shouldn't have artificial advantages in order to mount a comeback. Battlefield 1 gives the losers trains blimps and other bullshit to reward people who are failing. The whole goal is to keep the enemy from making any attempt at a comeback whatsoever.
Artificial advantages... hmmm, like coming back to life? Maybe they should just get rid of the ability to re-spawn altogether, you die you're done. That'll keep them from coming back whatsoever, and completely kill the enjoyability of the game. It's not about rewarding failure in a multi-player online game... things like spawn protection and the whole concept of re-spawning is to make the game playable and enjoyable. Plain and simple, repeated and unnecessary spawn killing takes the enjoyability out of the game for a lot of players. The fact you don't see that or don't care is comically sad. Why do you think there are rules about egregious spawn killing at the core... players have been banned for it, just ask Pam.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #35
Xexx

Quote:
Artificial advantages... hmmm, like coming back to life? Maybe they should just get rid of the ability to re-spawn altogether, you die you're done. That'll keep them from coming back whatsoever, and completely kill the enjoyability of the game. It's not about rewarding failure in a multi-player online game... things like spawn protection and the whole concept of re-spawning is to make the game playable and enjoyable. Plain and simple, repeated and unnecessary spawn killing takes the enjoyability out of the game for a lot of players. The fact you don't see that or don't care is comically sad. Why do you think there are rules about egregious spawn killing at the core... players have been banned for it, just ask Pam.
You had that chance at the beginning of the game. If you're spawn killed you're immediately respawned and it takes virtually no time to get back into action with this game if you know what you're doing. If you're halfway competent then you have 3 rounds to mount a comeback within a ~25 minute map after which you get even more chances with new team mates.

MTMU is literally full of spamming side nodes with Minos, ions, and PPCs from half the map away, or flyers from above buildings which are often out of sight.

You don't get safe spaces in a map with vehicles that are launching attacks from long range where they think they're safe. If I'm hunting the Nexus or deemer tank and have unlimited ammo, I'm going to shoot everything that can be a threat to my presence.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:55 AM   #36
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

If it's two seconds now, it reverted to the default. At one time it was 4 seconds and a majority of people found no difference or an improvement: http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=13642
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught