Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 08-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
McGimpkins

Default All-Fall-Down-Turbo)K(-V1

Hey Turbo,
I like this map, it could probably get some upgrades as far as the new fire badger, some of the vehicle teleporters were not working for me, and maybe modify the node layout some, but in general I have fun screwing around with this map in Instant Action. Any plans on making a new version of it we can put up on the server?
Old 08-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Yeah, the map is really outdated in terms of vehicle-placement and versions of each vehicle. I don't have any other projects going on right now, so I can start working on it soon.

It's a good 8 vs. 8 map. The fights on the bridge and at the double nodes are fun.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Glad to see someone else likes it. This an older favorite of mine mainly because of the interesting and creative layout. It would be neat to see what could be done (if anything) to make it more stable for 32 players. I would recommend leaving the aliens turned off though for those two indoor nodes.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersFisting View Post
Glad to see someone else likes it. This an older favorite of mine mainly because of the interesting and creative layout. It would be neat to see what could be done (if anything) to make it more stable for 32 players. I would recommend leaving the aliens turned off though for those two indoor nodes.
Yes, this is one of the only maps I actually enjoy playing against bots.
I've already taken the aliens out. The only thing I can think of that would improve the map for 32p game play would be adding fog or large objects in the center of the map that would obscure a player's LoS across the canyon.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #5
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Doh, forgot I have the V1 you made awhile back. It doesn't look like there would be an easy way to add a mirror image of the map without having to rebuild a lot of the terrain. I guess the best options would be add the mirror image/map center along the right or left side. Making the dam the center of the map or making that nexus missle/crane building the center and essentially doubling the length of the river. The small area where those nexus missles are would make for a simple connection tunnel to the "mirror image" side of that building. Having the dam as the center might be a bit much due to the cryo chamber areas and the large vehicle lift. Also do you think the different outdoor areas could be connected instead of limiting players to go through the caves? Not being able to go over the mountain tops in the manta to the other areas was always a bit of an annoyance to me.

*edit - link to the original release thread for reference / etc*
http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...highlight=fall
Old 08-24-2014, 03:03 AM   #6
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersFisting View Post
The small area where those nexus missles are would make for a simple connection tunnel to the "mirror image" side of that building. Having the dam as the center might be a bit much due to the cryo chamber areas and the large vehicle lift. Also do you think the different outdoor areas could be connected instead of limiting players to go through the caves? Not being able to go over the mountain tops in the manta to the other areas was always a bit of an annoyance to me.

The lag would be a lot worse if it was all one outdoor area instead of just having the tunnels.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner