Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Sam151B
Getting there...

Default Who made Minusv1a? Made 2 tweaks...

I somewhat fixed a bug thats been, well, bugging me since release. Red is missing a tarantula at on the second level of the core building. I copy pasta'd it, and though it is backwards. I didn't copy the pivot/tripod thing below it... is that a problem?

Also, I changed something, so I'm asking permission to upload this & submit to the testers. Was thinking it was DJ or Owner.

Anyhow, the second thing is just the removal of the double damage (on both sides). Reason: The cicada was far too powerful with it... like killing hellhound gunners with one hit. It was ridiculous.

Those are the only changes to the map. If the creator/last mapper gives me permission I'll upload it & submit it.

As you might be able to tell... this stuff is new to me. Starting off with little things before I try out vehicle swaps/node changes on older maps.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Binger

I think it was Gorz using owner's expanded playing area version.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Binger

The LevelSummary says "outpt.co.uk (Edited by Gorzakk and Big_Al_B) (Re-edited By DjAy-T)" so maybe it was Deej.

If the Tarantula is facing the back of the garage because you copied and pasted the one from the blue core you can right click on it (make sure it is the only thing you have selected) and then go to Transform/Mirror About X. Or you can go to top view, hold CTRL and spin it around with the right mouse button held down. You might also want to raise it up a bit (in Perspective view hold CRTL-RMB-LMB, then move the mouse up) and right click it then go to Align/Snap to Floor.

If by "pivot/tripod thing" you mean the Navigation Point then I believe it will appear when you rebuild the paths.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Sam151B
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
The LevelSummary says "outpt.co.uk (Edited by Gorzakk and Big_Al_B) (Re-edited By DjAy-T)" so maybe it was Deej.

If the Tarantula is facing the back of the garage because you copied and pasted the one from the blue core you can right click on it (make sure it is the only thing you have selected) and then go to Transform/Mirror About X. Or you can go to top view, hold CTRL and spin it around with the right mouse button held down. You might also want to raise it up a bit (in Perspective view hold CRTL-RMB-LMB, then move the mouse up) and right click it then go to Align/Snap to Floor.

If by "pivot/tripod thing" you mean the Navigation Point then I believe it will appear when you rebuild the paths.
Thanks! I tried the mirror about x (and Y) and both made the tarantula disappear. And of course Z just flipped it upside down, being the vertical axis. I'll try the other method, thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam151B View Post
Thanks! I tried the mirror about x (and Y) and both made the tarantula disappear. And of course Z just flipped it upside down, being the vertical axis. I'll try the other method, thanks!
That's weird. I just tried it and it worked fine. You might have had more than one thing selected. That would cause it to move the Tarantula in relation to the other thing you had selected. Make sure when you right click it that the top of the pop-up menu says "1 selected".
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

Actually, it's possible that while pasting/moving he accidentally changed where the axis was centered

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyllian View Post
Actually, it's possible that while pasting/moving he accidentally changed where the axis was centered
Yeah, that happens to me sometimes. I've never figured out why. Usually I can snap it to the floor and then it will correctly rotate around the middle. How do you change the pivot point?

I did exactly what he was trying to do though and it worked fine for me so something just got a little messed up in the process. I would bet that when you did the transform thing that the vehicle was still on the map but just off somewhere away from where you intended. Try it again, Sam. The map should be fixed.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
DjAy-T
<--CheckOutThe @$$ on her

it was missing one??? weird!

anyways, it was my edit and you can tweak as you see fit... i do only ask that any edits of it hold true to the maps purpose(the purpose of it not being a TMU type map).
Old 02-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Quote:
Yeah, that happens to me sometimes. I've never figured out why. Usually I can snap it to the floor and then it will correctly rotate around the middle. How do you change the pivot point?
Only way I know of is to have the object selected then click on of the shape builder icons, it'll reset the center axis to whereever the builder is sitting
Having multiple objects selected can screw up the central axis as well

Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyllian View Post
Only way I know of is to have the object selected then click on of the shape builder icons, it'll reset the center axis to whereever the builder is sitting...
Wow, that's weird. I just tried it and sure enough it happens that way, even though the builder brush isn't selected. Good to know. Clicking back on the mesh will reset it though.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
DjAy-T
<--CheckOutThe @$$ on her

Quote:
Clicking back on the mesh will reset it though.
+1

when you copy and paste an object, the axis is set to where ever the original objects point is set to... so basically, it pivots and spins in relation to the original ones axis on a different part of the map. and as Mr. Bingle stated, click off the object and reselect it to reset its center axis.

PS- i was trying to decide whether to use "Mr. Bingle" or "Binger of Rain" but thought a lot wouldnt get the spartacus reference
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
Binger

I like them both.

I have to admit that I didn't get either reference and had to google both of them.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

That trick is actually pretty handy when you want to manually recenter the axis, especially for static meshes.
Some of my tinkerings I've had a mesh that was just barely off from where I wanted it to sit, so I'd set up the builder at a good spot on the grid, move the mesh freely(not aligned to grid) and hit the builder button. Bam, axis reset

Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
Sam151B
Getting there...

Thanks DJ! It's just those two things changes. I'll re-edit and upload this weekend.

EDIT: I lied. Been sick for the past week or so. I'll try to get it posted by Wednesday.

Last edited by Sam151B; 03-05-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner