Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Default ONS-M5s-RottenTanks-C-ice

Actually I gave OMNI a map two months ago, but I guess it fall down the desk. It's for arround 3 vs. 3 players. If you want it you can use or edit it the way you like. Just gave credits if you do and write all down in the note within the map.
Map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0try3mebkh...-C-ice.7z?dl=0
Some deps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4weo7omzc0...rFiles.7z?dl=0
Wreaking result:
Spoiler!

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 07-26-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
Mailbox
Just Registered

Sorry that this has gone by unnoticed so long, Miauz. Our server's on a sort of summer vacation at the moment. We just had a conversation about whether we could have more small ONS maps, and it looks like this would fit what we're talking about! I'll take a look at the map, and opine on it tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:45 AM   #3
Mailbox
Just Registered

I played through the map for a bit, and you put a lot of work into it!

I like the small amount of vehicles on this map. The entire map having a total of 2 EONS Scorpions, 2 Nekomatas, and a single Paladin feels like the right amount for a map like this.

I am a bit concerned about how many powerful pickups there are in such a small map. From the in-game map you nicely provided (but I'm not sure if you're ok with me posting it in public), there are 7 Shield Packs, 1 Super Shield Pack, 1 +150 Shield Pack, 1 Keg, 1 Deemer, 1 Ion Painter, 1 Invisibility, 1 45 second Double Damage (UDamage) and a Quantum Cannon. There are also the relics and the secret room on top of that. Perhaps this seems like much because I'm not used to more deathmatch-ish maps.

Also, having the Sniper Rifle pickups seems weird when the core lockers have the Lightning Gun already. Maybe it'd be better if the core lockers didn't have a lightning gun? I also think the weapons lockers shouldn't have so much ammo, considering how close the weapon lockers are to one another.

I also wonder how the corridor warfare of the bunker will play out, considering how far the bunker's always vulnerable, always buildable node is to the rest of the map. I'm concerned that one person will be able to turtle well with mines + healing goop, leaving the middle nodes forever in jeopardy. I do like the fun factor to all this random stuff though, I don't think we let ourselves free in the game mechanics as often as we should.

I'll brainstorm some exact changes in the coming days. Unrelated, but I also wish there were some way to modify the node icons to denote whether they can be attacked even if "locked".
Old 07-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
GLoups!
Just Registered

Falling a bit incidentally on this thread, besides Mailbox's useful remarks, i would like to add 2 impressions:

I didn't make somes test but as i live in a place that sometimes looks like this kind of frozen landscape, i can say that when the moon shines in a very cold weather, the ambient air is very clear, it neither has any sort of hazes, if feels more like crystal, that makes ask the question if the fog is really needed on the map as DistanceFogEnd on the outside part seem to be much further (25000 units) than the walls that used to limit the map, which could have the effect of not optimizing anything, and from this fact beeing useless, thus give an impression of displaced moisture, the most important is that if you remove the fog, this will lead to allow a clearer visibility on the battlefield, which could improve the quality of the gameplay.

Second thought comes because of a strange feeling about the displacement of node 1 and the junction with Mailbox remarks, may be if the node 1 was centered on this long corridor/map so that it shall be able to be hit from a greater distance from the two side, it could be a part of more interacts with the game mechanics, and incidentally participate of the good-looking of the map.

Last edited by GLoups!; 07-27-2018 at 10:55 AM..
Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #5
analog
Community Veteran

Sorry, I have been away, I see this went through TWC,, we will add it! Thanks Miauz! You know you are out favorite German!!! (and if not obvious, I mean that in a good way!)
Old 08-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #6
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Aww how nice analog.

Thanks guys.
Mailbox if you have some litle things I can make them, or you can make them too, if you like. If there are bigger things which you want to try and you are stucking somewhere I would help you.
Btw. you have some weapons forgotten. You can see why the map is as it is mostly in this topic there is also a video at the end how to find, open and walk through the secret room. So if you want to spoiler yourselve, you can watch it.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner