Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #21
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yes, I debated long about which flyer....went back and forth with Banshee and Cicada...although now maybe Draco would be good...its not long range but does do much damage up close and at nodes. I didn't want to make too many fliers at least on this version. The other benefit of the Banshee, is the second seat link capability which I thought could be good for nodes and/or healing the mino.

For the second version of this, I was thinking more fliers including all the fun ones (Falcon, Phoenix) and most of the manta variants...the idea being the sky battle could be just as intense as the land battle...and really I think other than the falcon, most of the fliers are pretty easily taken out by turrets, or Goliath IIs. Though probably on this version I'd do Batteries instead of the slow Avrils.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:19 PM   #22
Enyo
Getting there...

You know, I really like the banshee's 2nd seat link weapon, I just wish it was the driver seat alt fire instead. It's hard to get a good gunner in any vehicle, much less the banshee, and switching to 2nd seat to use its best tool makes you a sitting duck. Even if you have a gunner for it, the link weapon is such a close range deal, it's almost impossible to coordinate movement between the driver and gunner to make it very effective. The banshee would actually be awesome if the driver could control the link gun. Just bad design IMO.

Never really gave that much thought before now, but how hard is it to edit vehicles to be able to make a change like that? I would actually really like the banshee if the alt fires could be switched up.

I know absolutely nothing about editing vehicles... would anyone with the knowledge be willing to give my idea a shot?

Last edited by Enyo; 01-15-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 01-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #23
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Unpopular opinion: The hammerhead is one of my favorite vehicles, it's fun to snipe nodes and infantry with it. But yes the ejection is BS and I dont know if coming out of the side of it would be any better. Perhaps having it launch you vertically like the assault servers do?
Old 01-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #24
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
but how hard is it to edit vehicles to be able to make a change like that? I would actually really like the banshee if the alt fires could be switched up.

Not sure, I think there's some code behind it..which if I can find it maybe I can make the change, having done a fair bit of coding in my career.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught