Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 08-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
ScoRp!oN
The CLIT Commander

Default Oh the pains of dealing with people on TWL 1 v 1 ladder

Yeah so I've had to deal with this guy. What I can't show here are the comments and such made in game during our first attempted match. The guy's a cocky son of a bitch. The server didn't have any AntiTCC on, and after a couple minutes of playing I noticed I wasn't getting checked. What brought it to attention were his absolutly amazing shots. Cheating or not, I can't prove it, but if this guy wasn't cheating then he's by far the best player I've ever seen. He'd boost me in the air with a rocket to the ground and then lightning headshot me immediatly afterwards in the air. Things like that repetatively. He never missed a direct hit with any weapon hardly. I do have a demo of our play but not a full match demo. I've tried getting a full serverside demo but the admin hasn't responded.

Maybe I've been an asshole to him a bit, but he's certainly given me a few reasons to. Here's our match comms so far:

Quote:
Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/14/2005 7:44:35 PM

No more like a basketball game without a ref. Whatever. You, my friend, are an idiot. Say, or think whatever you want. You're obviously immature, and can't read, nor can accurately recall the match from memory. I'll see you tommorow, on a real server. I honestly expect to get beat, but lets do this right. You may be a better player, but you sure have a shitty attitude/personality, which is worth about the same as dogshit on the bottom of my shoe. This is just a game, you know.

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/13/2005 5:54:02 PM

And no I wouldn't throw a stink, I've had to cancel many games and move to a different server, but not because the server didn't have antitcc, but because they lagged and had terrible pl. I picked this server because it has great ping and is very stable. You getting mad at the server not having antitcc is like a team cancelling a soccer match because the grass was grown with the wrong kind of fertilizer.

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/13/2005 5:49:48 PM

Once a match has started, it is understood that both teams agree to the terms of the match (number of players, time limit, rosters, etc). If there is a disagreement of match terms AFTER match completion, the disagreement will be thrown out. This is taken directly from the rules. You rupped, twice. Surely you must have noticed there wasn't an antitcc check the first time. Oh, but wait, that little detail wasn't even important until you were down, by a lot. I want you to know that I see right through you. You want a rematch, but not because you think I cheated, but only so that you can have another chance to beat me. I don't care what you say, we both know that is the reason. Grow up kid.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/13/2005 4:42:06 AM

This is pretty simple. The server didn't have the proper settings, yet you assured me it was. Having to stop to check midgame to realize it wasn't, game was already over. I didn't have the time to stick around an hour after to play somewhere else, and you probably would have thrown a stink to go somewhere else. Prove you're that good and play me on a server with the right settings.

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/13/2005 3:49:37 AM

There are only two logical reasons you would want a rematch because a server didn't have antitcc. The first is because you think I cheat, and the second is you took any excuse you could to try to get a rematch. I assumed you were higher than that, so I chose the first choice.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/13/2005 2:27:20 AM

How do I know you didn't cheat when there wasn't any AntiTCC there? I never accused you of cheating did I?

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/12/2005 11:16:32 PM

Once a match has started, it is understood that both teams agree to the terms of the match (number of players, time limit, rosters, etc). If there is a disagreement of match terms AFTER match completion, the disagreement will be thrown out.

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:47:25 PM

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm trying to be fair. If anything you're the one disrespecting me. You accuse me of hacking when we both know that I don't. I know that some rules were infringed, but what really irks me is that they didn't affect the outcome of the match whatsoever. whether or not that server had antitcc .87 it would have been 47-0, and whether or not that aqua guy was speccing it still would have been 47-0. The rules were set down to prevent cheating, the antitcc one was for hacking, and the spectators is for help over something like vent. You and I both know I didn't cheat. I would never cheat period. It's just aggravating that you complain about these things when they did nothing to the match.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:36:19 PM

Given your attitude, and the fact that I've had a really busy, stressful shitty day, you're very lucky I'm communicating respectfully to you. And what are you refering to losing twice? We only played one game, the first game lasted about 30 seconds before I unreadied due to the SPEC, that you knew, trying to change his name to some random alphanumeric name in order to sneakily stay on the server. Man you want me to give in so easy and I'm not going to due to your complete lack of respect and bad attitude.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:31:02 PM

Sorry bud, that's not the point. I did ready up and early into the match I noticed that I had not been checked by AntiTCC and made dispute early on in the match, per the rules. If you would like to play again, I can play on Monday Evening on a legit server.

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:25:10 PM

The fact is you are making up excuses which only delay your loss and waste my time. However, YOU ACCEPTED THE MATCH. YOU PRESSED READY, WHICH MEANS YOU WERE HAPPY WITH THE SERVER. If you had won I doubt very very very much that you would come on here complaining that the server didn't have that version of antitcc. If you had said before the match had begun, "hey this server doesn't have antitcc can we go to one that does?" I would have gladly accepted. But after you lose, twice, no. I'm not going to do it. Sorry but your precious 5/0 is going to be 5/1.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:16:23 PM

Since you apparently don't understand how the ladder works and didn't even bother to read the rules, I'm going to post some parts up for you: 1. MaxSpectators = 0 (unless agreed upon by both teams) - I did not agree 2. Anti-TCC v1.18f must be used for all Unreal Tournament Ladder and League matchplay. - Was not on Server 3. Teams should have the minimum number of players on the appropriate server no later than 15 minutes after the scheduled match time. Failure to meet this requirement will result in an immediate forfeit against the non-compliant party. Both teams should be ready to play no later than 30 minutes from the scheduled match time (Unless agreed upon by both parties). Failure to agree to start the match at this time will result in forfeiture by the non-compliant party. - I was there within 10 minutes.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:09:26 PM

Here's some advice, read the damn rules. I was well within my time limit, and the rules say that the server must be running AntiTCC.

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/12/2005 10:02:13 PM

Don't even make that excuse. You were late outside the time limit which should be an automatic forfeit anyway. I let you play anyway, but then you complain of the spectators. I tell them to leave and now you accuse me of hacking. I am sorry but you have to report loss.

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/12/2005 9:51:52 PM

Server did not have antiTCC or Safegame

Author: )o(ScoRp!oN - Posted: 8/12/2005 9:08:35 PM

Sorry just a tad late. I'll be there. Been a hectic hectic day I have not even warmed up. I should probably just forfeit, but...

Author: Pitch. - Posted: 8/12/2005 8:20:59 PM

216.52.184.138:5600 pw = h2o

NOOOO!!! MY CHANCES OF BECOMING RICH IN THE MOST PUSSY WAY POSSIBLE HAVE BEEN SHATTERED! NOOOOO!!!
-Tachy-ho
Send a message via ICQ to ScoRp!oN Send a message via AIM to ScoRp!oN ScoRp!oN is offline  
Old 08-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
KÖNIG
Just Registered

wth theres a 1v1 twl thing?

I didn't even know. Is it dm?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
OneShot
Getting there...

Makes me glad I only play for fun.

By the way, I would like to see the demo, because anyone that can beat scorp 47-0 must be a fucking god of UT or a cheater. I'm guessing the latter.

Please post the results of your match tomorrow :yawinkle:
Old 08-15-2005, 12:59 AM   #4
KÖNIG
Just Registered

how do i join the 1 v 1 ladder?

I didnt see any join button
Old 08-15-2005, 03:15 AM   #5
Stormblade
HARBINGER

Yeah, well said Oneshot. I HATE when these pricks (godlike humans or not) come off with that friggin attitude. If you're good and someone mentions AntiTCC, WHY do these guys immediately bring up "Do you think I'm cheating?" It always makes me laugh, "Why are you feeling guilty?"

I can't stand when players "talk down" to other players who may not be as "skilled" as they are. Do these idiots remember when they first started playing? I'm sure they were having their asses handed to them too. Unfortunately, some players reach a certain skill level and then can't progress further. Either due to not being able to figure things out on their own, or they just don't have the hand\eye coordination.

I have only had the displeasure of running across a few of these idiots. These days, if someone like that shows up and I suspect something's wrong, I grab their info. If it continues and I get really pissed thinking that somehow something's not right, I just leave the server and a note will be sent to those higher ups.

Braggers, cheaters, hackers, aimbotting bitches.... I hate them all. But if you are THAT good, I bow down to thy skill, Weapons Master.

Time is a wonderful teacher, unfortunately, it eventually kills all of its students.

My UT Maps
My UnWheel Maps, 6 within the BonusPack v1
Old 08-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
Sparafucile
Engineer Extraordinaire

One of my biggest pet peeves (maybe even my biggest) is cockiness. I just can't stand it!

And I also wouldn't mind seeing this match.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #7
player-------
Getting there...

KONIG:
Go to Account Maintenance
Go to Profile
Under Member Data click the “Join A Ladder” button
Old 08-15-2005, 11:36 AM   #8
Necromancer
Lord of Death

That is why I ended up quitting the twl 1v1...

Old 08-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
KÖNIG
Just Registered

ty player-
Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #10
stizzo
Just Registered

this the same Pitch that plays for eXs? He's damned good. Though I thought it was required that there are anti-cheat programs on every server used for TWL or he has to be able to present a demo if you dispute the match.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
ScoRp!oN
The CLIT Commander

Probably is Stizzo. He doesn't wear the tag tho so I couldn't verify.

Anyways, yeah he's raising a stink because I raised a stink that there wasn't AntiTCC there. I noticed it about 3 minutes into the match. That's still pretty early on. And I believe I'm within my rights according to the rule to object and backout and relocate to another sever. And I don't get it. If he's legit as he says he is then I don't get why he's acting the way he is.

NOOOO!!! MY CHANCES OF BECOMING RICH IN THE MOST PUSSY WAY POSSIBLE HAVE BEEN SHATTERED! NOOOOO!!!
-Tachy-ho
Send a message via ICQ to ScoRp!oN Send a message via AIM to ScoRp!oN ScoRp!oN is offline  
Old 08-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #12
stizzo
Just Registered

well, if you can dispute the outcome of the match. Say that you started the match up and then saw there was no AntiTcc, and then some weird shots started happening. then mention how he refuses to play the match on a different server with AntiTcc installed. He has to have a demo of the match if he is going to prove that he wasn't botting. If he doesn't produce one, and from your end it looks like he's botting, then he's screwed.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #13
ScoRp!oN
The CLIT Commander

Well this is over. He won. He would not play on our server because it did not have "newnet". I am not familiar with it, so once again, he picked a server without AntiTCC. It was a GGL ladder server. I said "fine screw it I just want to be done with this" and played him again. I did better than I did before but I still got my world rocked. Unfortunately my autodemo thing didn't work so I didn't get a demo of it. What is it with Demo's not working for me. Twice during the match I encountered numerious "UT Bugs". One time he ate a rocket directly in the head after I lightninged him, should have killed him, but did no damage. I stopped to type "wtf" and he said "ut bug". Another time the 100 armor was up, I ran to it, didn't let me pick it up, then it just magically disappeared after a while, and again I was wondering what the fuck!

Probably has to do with that "newnet" crap. I'm not familiar with newnet at all, but it reminds me a little too much like UTComp's Netcode, and we've already had numerous bugs with that.

Anyways, it's done! If the guy is indeed legit, I need to know what his damn secret is to being that good.

-Tachy-ho
Old 08-16-2005, 08:01 PM   #14
stizzo
Just Registered

newnet has problems with projectile weapons like flak and rockets. And Pitch is really good. I've played with him a few times and I'm pretty sure he isn't botting.

Most "pro" players dislike antiTcc and safegame since at thier level no one would risk thier reputation by cheating. So having programs like that merely lag the server, and are usually left out. His favorite servers probably don't have anti-cheat programs installed because of this (especially GGL servers).

Idle in #2k4tdm on irc.enterthegame.com if you want to get better. Lots of crazy-skilled players hang out in there, and if you catch them when they're bored they'll probably play a match or two. At the very least you can learn a few things by listening to them (assuming they aren't talking about something stupid like alien sightings).

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games