Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 06-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #41
analog
Community Veteran

Wow - This is a thread I wish I never came across and wish more, I never read. WTH is about the best I came come up with for just about ever reply in here. A gaming server is not the type of place for this kind of debate JMO.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #42
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
Wow - This is a thread I wish I never came across and wish more, I never read. WTH is about the best I came come up with for just about ever reply in here. A gaming server is not the type of place for this kind of debate JMO.
WTH!

There were some funny/thoughtful replies here, dude..
Old 12-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #43
Master Beto
Just Registered

Default "2019" is no excuse.

It's 2019, and we no longer have freedom of speech in America apparently! We have to walk on eggshells to keep from offending certain minorities now, despite the fact that they only make up about 5% of our population. No, I have nothing against them at all, except for the fact that they seem "offended" at just about everything anyone else does, and they use current politics to shift their weight around and control the remaining 95% of the population. We can thank Hollywood for this as they love to glamorize certain things, blow the statistics way out of proportion, and cater their efforts toward certain interests whilst throwing everyone else under the bus.

Case and point, I was playing this game back in 2004 when it first came out on the demo servers. People used the term "fag" (and worse) day in and day out; and nothing happened to them, in fact, admins on most servers would chuckle and join in half of the time. One of the admins was in fact gay and would chime in with a few personal and disgusting details about their love life, but nobody cared. This was back in the day when most of the people who ended up banned, obtained their ban for doing something stupid like running a bot or hack, or flacking the manta to teamkill fellow team members. People weren't such sensitive snowflakes back then, and cared little about hurting people's feelings. They cared more about the game and were free to express themselves while playing.

I also notice how admins like to come down really hard on some people, yet let others go with a stern warning for the exact same offense. I won't name names, but I have seen it happen here plenty.

It's simply not enough that corporate America is now forced to take disciplinary action against people for said offenses in the work place, and that the media and public school system fully back them up in this endeavor. Crazy rules and regulations have now even seeped their way into the gaming world, turning it into somewhat of a dictatorship as well. Remember, we play to have fun, not adhere to a bunch of crazy rules and regulations. Server admins seem to have lost site of this as well as they loose their tempers, yell and cuss at less experienced gamers, and lose the overall spirit of things with their horrible attitudes. They are more concerned with someone innocently using a "slur" than they are with stopping others from repeatedly harassing and hazing other players whom they dislike for some reason. We all know which admin I am talking about here, but for posterity sake, I won't mention any names.

Perhaps we should develop some kind of ballot here which would enable us to remove and replace certain admins.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #44
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Good point, Master Beto! It's not just Enyo but sadly the majority of admins, it seems (and the majority of Americans and Western Europeans).

As you said, it's 2019. The LGBTQ force is much stronger now than it was in 2004 during the early Bush era. It built up so much during the Obama era, to the point of nationwide legalization of gay marriages in 2015 - but the momentum of the LGBTQ "pride movement" is still at or very near its peak today. It's so paramount that even US news reporters are trying to "criminalize" Putin and Russia for the Gay Propaganda Law over there (that makes it illegal to promote or encourage LGBTQ among Russian minors who have not matured to 18 years of age).

So, the offensiveness of the word "fag" is taken to new stratospheric heights in 2019, unlike back in 2004-2008 when the word "cunt" was considered to be more offensive overall. Now, it's the other way around. Players are calling each other all kinds of slurs except for any LGBTQ-related terminology. It's not just this game but the vast majority of all games out there that have changed their stances towards a more sodomistic attitude that frantically defends all things LGBTQ, while heterosexual slurs like "cunt" are even more widely abused - like it's a norm for a guy to call another guy a cunt. The heterosexual has to pay all the respect to the homosexual, while the homosexual can freely express slurs towards heterosexuals (saying things like "sorry I forgot to use lube", "oh, you're butthurt", "did I break you in gently", etc..). Yep, most of America is bending over for the homo, figuratively speaking. This server is just a small example of what's been going on in most online games over the past 2 decades.

edit -

Everybody already very well knows the meaning of sexual slur: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_slur

Yet, as evidenced in the first page of this thread here, slurs like cunt are now decided by admins that they are not actionable offenses - except for homosexual slurs. Am I correct that it's just homosexual slurs and no other sexual slurs that are actionable offenses? Is one being such a rainbow-hugger, making a 4-letter word out of "fag" while making a 3-letter word out of "cunt", even to the point of sounding so HETEROphobic?!? ( just kidding ) Seriously, some straight guys do indeed have feminine touches in their genes, with man-boobs and voice that's not so deep, so the offender could be the straw of distress breaking the camel's back by calling him a cunt - leading to his own suicide, no less than calling a homosexual guy a fag would lead him to suicide. It's time for them all to wake up, and pull their heads out of the pride movement current. The rules should be fair for all, not just for the LGBTQ or the schizophrenic heterosexual rainbow-hugger who ironically commits suicide after being called a dickless cunt for the 687th time.

Last edited by BoFox; 12-01-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #45
Master Beto
Just Registered

Default Indeed!

It's all dirty politics. What gets me is we can still call someone a "bitch" which should offend at least 50% of the world population, yet we can't say "fag" which should only offend about 5% (except for a bunch of liberal ranbow huggers who want to buy into the craze). You mentioned the term Heterophobia jokingly. I laughed, but then realized, no, this is indeed serious. Heterophobia is becoming the norm!

I take it we're probably not the only two on here who believe that Enyo has a serious attitude problem in general! Perhaps we should make Shadow an admin instead!

Last edited by Master Beto; 12-01-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #46
provert
Just Registered

Perhaps we should make Shadow an admin instead!

I would pay to see that...lol
Old 12-02-2019, 11:44 PM   #47
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

And now we're writing essays on "why is there pushback when I call someone a fag?"... this is pretty pathetic. And the cry is always the same, denial that oppression exists paired with cluelessness as to what freedom of speech means.

Just let it go. Stop calling people those things, learn to articulate better. Even an unpopulated game from 2004 is still a public place and what you know as a joke might not mean that to someone else within an earshot. Anti-PC is fine but don't use it as an excuse to just be a total douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
I know the anti-SJW thing is pretty hot at the moment, but no matter how you cut it, certain words are demeaning or de-humanizing toward some people.

Even if you and your best friend are the most pro-LGBT people and one of you calls the other that word jokingly (especially in a public place) there are still bystanders who don't know where you're coming from, or if you plan to go south with it. Oppression does still exist in the world, and those who are a part of those groups can still affected by hearing those words on a day-to-day basis.

And even if you disagree with all of the above, by using those words you are still helping to spread them and to validate people who actually do hate protected classes including people who are born a certain way.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #48
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
And now we're writing essays on "why is there pushback when I call someone a fag?"... this is pretty pathetic. And the cry is always the same, denial that oppression exists paired with cluelessness as to what freedom of speech means.

Just let it go. Stop calling people those things, learn to articulate better. Even an unpopulated game from 2004 is still a public place and what you know as a joke might not mean that to someone else within an earshot. Anti-PC is fine but don't use it as an excuse to just be a total douche.
Well said... and don't forget that I'm a big meanie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Beto View Post
Perhaps we should develop some kind of ballot here which would enable us to remove and replace certain admins.
Good luck with that... lemme know how Analog and Carpe respond to your request to implement a democratic process for electing and impeaching admins.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #49
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Well said... and don't forget that I'm a big meanie!

And a big rainbow-hugger!

Old 12-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #50
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:

Quoting yourself again, while missing the point.. you're just another SJW that is slanted and biased towards protecting a minority, while turning a blind eye to the general masses - condoning pretty much everything else. A sexual slur is a sexual slur. Otherwise, change OMNI's server rule to:

"Sexual slurs are allowed, but homophobic slurs are not."

To save us all the confusion in the world, geez.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #51
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Yet that same love of violating taboos has made some gay men feel they can throw around the c-word indiscriminately, as if being gay means you donít need to respect anybody else. In contemporary American English, the c-word is second only to the N-word in its ability to shock and offend, and not just because it shatters grandmaís monocle the way two guys smooching on TV can.
(quoted from https://thebolditalic.com/ )

Quote:
The c-word also pisses off sophisticated, educated women ... Itís not the same as calling someone a bitch, because bitch doesnít put all women down.
Maybe, just maybe I'm a woman... one of 50% of the population.

YEAHHHHHHH, maybe get your head out of the rainbow and look around yourself a bit?
Old 12-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #52
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoFox View Post
you're just another SJW that is slanted and biased towards protecting a minority, while turning a blind eye to the general masses
...and out come the straw man fallacies.

No, I just have this apparently crazy belief that minorities are a part of the general masses and should be treated as so.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #53
slothy
Just Registered

Quote:
...and out come the straw man fallacies.

No, I just have this apparently crazy belief that minorities are a part of the general masses and should be treated as so.
Agreed.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #54
dognuts
Getting there...

Quote:
It's 2019, and we no longer have freedom of speech in America apparently! We have to walk on eggshells to keep from offending certain minorities now, despite the fact that they only make up about 5% of our population.
Everyone should re-read this part of Master Beto's post. It tells you everything you need to know.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:24 PM   #55
provert
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
Everyone should re-read this part of Master Beto's post. It tells you everything you need to know.
I am bringing "fucktard" back. It's definitely a perfect description of certain people on this planet...
Old 12-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #56
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
I am bringing "fucktard" back. It's definitely a perfect description of certain people on this planet...
Yep, and maybe explains why Master_Beto (aka TraderJoe) never seems to learn in the game? Oops, there I go again with my "serious attitude problem."

Merriam-Webster definition of attitude: a mental position with regard to a fact or state

You're damn right TraderJoe, I have a serious "mental position" of little tolerance for stupidity, even less for ignorance with no self-initiative to correct it, and none for laziness. Based on your actions in game and your speech on the forums, you've exhibited evidence of all three points. Thank you for coming in here and backing that up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
Quote:
It's 2019, and we no longer have freedom of speech in America apparently! We have to walk on eggshells to keep from offending certain minorities now, despite the fact that they only make up about 5% of our population.
I believe YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH summed it up perfectly...
Quote:
And the cry is always the same, denial that oppression exists paired with cluelessness as to what freedom of speech means.
You still have the constitutional right to be a bigot in America, but not on a privately owned game server.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #57
TheSage
Shredder of Reality

For the absolute avoidance of doubt, our rules regarding communication in-game have been the same since we were only an AS only server 15 years ago. We have never tolerated any insults directed at race or sexual orientation. I still have the logs of all those I removed years ago and frankly the newest generation of admins, if anything, give more warnings before taking action due to the state of the player base.

Our rules are not up for discussion or debate so if running your mouth in this manner is crucial to your enjoyment of the game, please feel free to play somewhere else where that language is tolerated. That is how free speech works.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught