Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 10-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #41
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
And yes, I agree some additional exploding things would be cool. And agree with the fast scorps...I also want to expand the middle edges (not the hills, sorry no base camping ROGER) for more play. I also wonder if removing some of the middle flyers would be good...the middle node becomes the battle point and you have to bring up the defense.
Yeah, the middle edges, far left and right of the middle node, definitely need to be expanded a bit. I actually got the mino stuck on an invisible wall twice the other night, and almost got the wyvern stuck in mid air. Or maybe add some kind of markers to let you know where the map ends. The ceiling also seems really low, so a slightly higher ceiling might be a good idea too with all the fast flyers, but not high enough where they can avoid lasers or avrils.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #42
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yep. MassD was one of those, this might be fun maps, that I edited rather quickly (just a few hours-- same with Artillery Hill. I've a got a few more interesting maps that I might try like that. I think its a good way to play test them with a couple of quick edits vs. spending a ton of time and then finding the map is not terribly playable.

And I'm working on a new Halloween edit where I've added nodes so that its 4-5 nodes to core vs. 1-2-3. Should make the battle more in the middle rather than a quick primary kill and battle over 3/6. Once I complete the details I'll post it up (maybe later today depending). I also want to make a TMU version with less fast flyers and more of an Minus-TMU feel as I described above to put the hills and such in play...vs. making it just a flyer map which is what it feels like now.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #43
Binger

Quote:
And I'm working on a new Halloween edit... I also want to make a TMU version
Are you basing this off the one I edited? If so you might want to have a look at the area I changed near the castle in the back. I just threw in some flat rocks to make a sort of hill so the Levi could get down from both sides. It might not work well with tanks.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #44
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

UPDATE. I believe I've isolated (and hopefully solved) the emitter problem we've seen on a couple of maps...that's good news. Bad News is I need to re-edit the maps to fix them (Dria-Randomizer, Arctic-Randomizer and Mass D). Other than an annoying effect it doesn't seem to affect gameplay. There's more detail in the vehicle loadout thread.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #45
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Are you basing this off the one I edited? If so you might want to have a look at the area I changed near the castle in the back. I just threw in some flat rocks to make a sort of hill so the Levi could get down from both sides. It might not work well with tanks.

Not sure...I think it was V3 or something, likely the one off the OMNI server. I did further edit the rocks/terrain to make it easier to get the levi down...there was the bridge over the river was too small to drive the levi and even the other side was prone to getting the levi stuck (usually temporary) and then killed before it could make any difference.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #46
Spoon
DogNuts mortal enemy...

Default Dria Randomizer

Pooty, Thank you so much for the hard work on the maps. LOVING IT!

Now the bitch(sort of). The jump pads on Dria randomizer seem to be killing my setup/machine. My frame rate was in the 20s-30s last nigtht. If you can do something about it, that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Spoon!!
Old 10-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #47
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Now the bitch(sort of). The jump pads on Dria randomizer seem to be killing my setup/machine. My frame rate was in the 20s-30s last nigtht. If you can do something about it, that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Spoon!!

The ones that are leftover after certain vehicles shoot? I should have that fixed this weekend hopefully I'll have time on Saturday, and then we need Mailbox to push them up.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #48
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Thanks,

Spoon!!
Pooty, same match spoon mentioned on Dria Randomizer, toward the end of the match the server was nearly full. After 2 rounds of those jump pad artifacts building up and a lot of players joining, I had the same experience of my FPS dropping to 30 or worse. Several other players mentioned the same FPS issue, so I assume the entire server was getting bogged down. It was starting to become unplayable, so it either needs to be fixed or removed ASAP. I know mailbox has to do it, see if he can give you direct access next time you manage to get his attention so we don't have to wait on him anymore.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #49
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Since I'll be editing this weekend I think you also mentioned something about the Nexis on Arctic? The edits won't take me long, I should be able to knock them out tomorrow morning (have to work tonight late..) I'll then ping Mailbox here and on Discord.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #50
Binger

Quote:
Not sure...I think it was V3 or something, likely the one off the OMNI server. I did further edit the rocks/terrain to make it easier to get the levi down...there was the bridge over the river was too small to drive the levi and even the other side was prone to getting the levi stuck (usually temporary) and then killed before it could make any difference.

That's the one. There used to only be one path down, the curvy one with the bridge. I added the rocks on the other side. I actually put a lot of time into that map fixing holes in the terrain and some other issues. It was a frustrating edit. I left a pretty basic vehicle setup knowing it wouldn't get much play but it's good to see it getting an update. I suggested to Lagzilla that he should throw on all that super OP crap but he never got around to it.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:44 PM   #51
provert
Getting there...

Quote:
Since I'll be editing this weekend I think you also mentioned something about the Nexis on Arctic? The edits won't take me long, I should be able to knock them out tomorrow morning (have to work tonight late..) I'll then ping Mailbox here and on Discord.
I would bet anything with the new vehicles is going to do this. I noticed them on minustankmeup, as well. Just not as bad.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #52
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Yeah, the Nexus on Arctic Randomizer, but really just the nexus in general causes major lag for everyone every time the bomb explodes. Is it possible for more than one nexus per team to spawn? Seemed like my first time on the map I experienced 3 or 4 nexus lag events in a row, like back to back to back, couldn't move for 10-15 seconds. Very annoying.

I'd recommend just getting rid of it completely from any maps you work on and replace with the regular deemer tank.

Another thought on all the new randomizer maps... as much as I like the new so-called OP vehicles, if your team loses all its nodes, especially on either Arctic or Dria, it's next to impossible to mount a comeback. There's just not enough vehicles that spawn at core to counter the massive number of OP flyers the other team has. I think that was sort of the point of the mino on those original map versions, it gives you a fighting chance for a comeback against the mostly weaker vehicles on the map. So, I guess what I'm getting at is it's a balance thing, feels off on those new randomizer maps.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #53
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Random thought from this evening. Massdestruction could use full weapon lockers, or full ammo at least. Perhaps lots of extra link ammo at the primaries too so you can have a chance at recovering.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #54
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Random thought from this evening. Massdestruction could use full weapon lockers, or full ammo at least. Perhaps lots of extra link ammo at the primaries too so you can have a chance at recovering.

I'll double check them...I am editing it today.

Quote:
I'd recommend just getting rid of it completely from any maps you work on and replace with the regular deemer tank.

Another thought on all the new randomizer maps... as much as I like the new so-called OP vehicles, if your team loses all its nodes, especially on either Arctic or Dria, it's next to impossible to mount a comeback. There's just not enough vehicles that spawn at core to counter the massive number of OP flyers the other team has. I think that was sort of the point of the mino on those original map versions, it gives you a fighting chance for a comeback against the mostly weaker vehicles on the map. So, I guess what I'm getting at is it's a balance thing, feels off on those new randomizer maps.

Noted. I think of the Nexis lag as sort of an EMP pulse from the multiple nukes going off. Yes I believe it was unique, but I can replace it with the Missle Tank from DJY.

On the Balance, yes there's a point total spread for each node. I will likely adjust those, with more points to the core, and maybe add 1-2 vehicles (room permitting), and less to the nodes.... esp 7/10 as you have to retake those for a comeback...so if say a tiamat spawns there and the opposite team controls the one closest its pretty much game over. Randomizers are probably the hardest to tweak the balance...part of the reason I left the Base Wasps, 7/10 ION (hmm maybe that should go random?), Base Mino and Kraken.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:43 PM   #55
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

UT2k4

Ok. So the Fix is in!!! The stray emitter/effects problem has been identified and addressed in edits below full details in other thread, but basically conflict with Short Circuit/WindBlade and Plasma Tank when embedded in the map, those now load from the external library (already on the redirect) and that fixes it.

Additionally, I've made several edits to the newer maps -- updated version numbers.

http://stormdrake.com/utmaps/v3/rev1/

Details
ONS-DryIce-)o(-p00tylicious-v6.ut2 - Noted above but included here. Fixed Music issue (the one where you can't turn it down, shoud be able to even turn it off now like every other map), fixed missing weapon lockers at 8.

ONS-Alien2-)o(-p00tylicious-v4.ut2 - Added more vehicles (Falcon, GPolice Venom, Additional GPolice Havoc) to the core. Changed a few things to make the comebacks easier when 1/2 falls, inlcuding a turret on the roof at 1/2 accessible by foot from base.

ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomizer-V4.ut2 - Fixed Issue above, removed Nexis Tank, Added Arbalest from DJY. Adjusted point values for base (more), and nodes (less) so that you should be able to mount a comeback if you do the minimum. That being said, node points (each vehicle has points assigned) can also vary so say the Base Might get points on the lower end and nodes get toward higher end..However, the minimum base points is always at least 1.5 times a node. Restricted Tiamat/Levi from spawning at 7/10 (ION tank node).

ONS-Dria-TMU-Randomizer-v4.ut2 - Fixed Issue above..no other changes.

ONS-Halloween-p00tylicious-v7.ut2
- Trick or Treat - Made changes to nodes. Added nodes in the middle (removed 5) and added a few new node layouts, so if you want to DL and test please do, the Default is the one I think will go on the server unless we find it sucks worse than a lobreaker. Fight should end up in the middle more vs. fighting for the close primary.

ONS-MassDestructi)o(n-V4.ut2
- Fixed Issue above. Added more vehicles to base (Railgun, ION Tank), added flier (Omega ION Flyer - why not the maps is already a bit crazy), moved fire/ion raptors inside the base so that don't get spawnkilled. Added two EONS/boost scorps to the base. Added many exploding barrels because they are fun. Oh by the way, added in the mino that was missing on one base...(Did you notice?)

ONS-MinusTMU-Randomizer-KitchenSink-V8.ut2
- Fixed Issue above. Fixed issues with Node layouts (there were stray node layouts affecting the "randomness". Yes the confusion layout with 4 to primary is still there..hope your team doesn't suck. Added another layout too (figured nothing was worse than the confusion layout).

To Be tested:

ONS-Bionyx-)o(-p00tylicious-v4.ut2 @WMD40 Two Blocking Volumes added 2/4 perimeter up high. Also fixed some edge terrain issue by 2. I don't think there's anything left outstanding.
ONS-SPAMB)o(X.ut2 - Yes, that one, several requested it.
ONS-SPAMB)o(X-TMU.ut2 - Yes, It can't properly be omnized without more tanks. And no there's not a mino. Although this was tempting to replace the Goaliaths with Lobreakers.

@Mailbox, these are all on the redirect compressed as well.

Next immediate project is Halloween-TMU (less fliers more ground based, so that people that like badgers can climb hills and such...probably add some artillery too).

After that I want to go back and revisit some vehicles. Work on the vehicle load out map and clean things up Different versions of vehicles and such contribute to issues like we had. I want to fix the muzzle flash on the helix gunship (on aliens), fix the Tractor beam on the DropShip it works locally but not on the server (I think I know what the fix might be)--this is a cool vehicle...and it should fix the 3 passenger predator helicopter too. Plus, the parasitic link flier (Basically the Wraith/Banshee 2nd seat as the driver seat on a raptor type vehicle).
There's also @Lagzilla's larger cooler version of slated that I want to finish since he's too busy playing Fortnite. (For the curious its here: http://www.stormdrake.com/utmaps/ONS...rld-V3-E74.ut2 )
Old 10-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #56
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Spoon mentioned an interesting idea I hadn't thought of before. He wants to see maps that randomly place different vehicles at the nodes. Each time a vehicle spawns, it might be a different one. That way no one will ever be able to camp the mino.

HEAR THAT YOU F'n MINO WHORES. Your days are numbered. LOL
Old 10-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #57
ProtoDroidMk5
Just Registered

Back when I was playing on a modded VCTF server, we had a mutator called RotoFactory which would rotate out the default vehicles with whatever vehicles were defined in a config file.

I am wondering if something similar could be applied here...
Old 10-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #58
provert
Getting there...

I'd be up for that. I think it would get some of us players out of the normal habit of going to certain nodes on a respawn and force to check out other nodes.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #59
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I'd look into that however, right now, I don't think it can be done. Vehicles are generated from a VehicleFactory. What a mutator does is replace all Factories at the start of the round say ONSPRVFactory (Scorpion) with MYMuchCoolerVehicleFactory. Randomizer, does basically the same thing, except it does it after loading (mutators I believe run as its loading), but before play with Go through all the not ForcedVehicleFactories with 1 of n from the Random list. I don't think it supports changing the Vehicle Factory in the middle of the round....because I don't think there's a place to code it...unless you can trap something like NodeDestruction { Call RandomizeFactories() }

So basically you're saying Randomizer each round isn't enough, you want it random on every spawn, or node creation?
Old 10-18-2020, 02:17 PM   #60
Binger

Does the Ultimate Vehicle Factory have a random option? I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I thought I would suggest it just in case. I forget who made it and where there might be a download but I think I used it for the Nexxus tank on the version of Nightwolf that I edited.

Edit: "Allows to specify an individual vehicle list for both teams from which the next vehicle can be chosen randomly or sequentially."

https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/User:C...teMappingTools

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught