Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 02-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #61
McGimpkins

Saturday at 8:00 PM EST seem to work out with everyone? If so when I try to schedule one in the future I'll use the same day/time.

I had to eat and missed out on Thunderstrom, HighRize, Glacier, and NaliEscape but made it back for the other ones. (Thanks for the tally DBX) I did notice that on several of the maps we played a bunch of the really good hitscan guys were all on Red leading me to think that it wasn't going to be a successful Blue endeavor. Maybe I can see about asking Analog to turn off the team preferences to see if that would help with map balancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
Dria (helicopters and jet fighters) was one of the first maps played but only McGimpkins, Me, and one other player were online when the map started (the rest were bots) but by the end of the match it was populated by actual players.
That map was my bad so to speak. I came in about 5-10 minutes early and was screwing around waiting for others to show. Looking at the map voting list I see Dria "Hey I've never played that one" I think to myself then vote it in. About a minute after I start screwing around on it a bunch of people show up and I realize this isn't a good map to kick off Assault night on...
Old 02-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #62
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Yeah I had joined when there were only a few of you on there and started messing with those jets. Mid-air collisions seemed to cause some problems. Which of you was it I crashed into? Did your game ctd as well or just me?
(off topic)--There's a couple maps who's design includes some large tunnels that you drive through in most stages. That was one I was hoping to experience with a busy server. Hell there's lots of maps I'm hoping to see with a busy server!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #63
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
That map was my bad so to speak. I came in about 5-10 minutes early and was screwing around waiting for others to show. Looking at the map voting list I see Dria "Hey I've never played that one" I think to myself then vote it in. About a minute after I start screwing around on it a bunch of people show up and I realize this isn't a good map to kick off Assault night on...
I thought that it was a good warm-up map.
It's been some time since I've played assault so for the first few maps I was going to be in a "I have no idea what to do!" mode anyway.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #64
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersFisting View Post
Yeah I had joined when there were only a few of you on there and started messing with those jets. Mid-air collisions seemed to cause some problems. Which of you was it I crashed into? Did your game ctd as well or just me?
(off topic)--There's a couple maps who's design includes some large tunnels that you drive through in most stages. That was one I was hoping to experience with a busy server. Hell there's lots of maps I'm hoping to see with a busy server!
I think that was me that you ran into!
If I recall correctly, after the impact my helicopter developed a severe vibration (shaking screen) and I had to land and suicide to get back to base. My game didn't crash though.
You're pilot's license has been revoked!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #65
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Dammit first my wingman knocks me out of control at the Battle of Yavin now this!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #66
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersFisting View Post
Dammit first my wingman knocks me out of control at the Battle of Yavin now this!
There I was in a stable hover performing a peaceful wildlife survey of the surrounding hills when, out of nowhere, here comes some crazy jet fighter pilot who clips me and damages my main rotor.
I was so upset that I went back to base, got a new attack chopper, and shot rockets at McGimpkins' hellbender.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #67
D_B_X
For Victory - 1 & 2 Dria!

Quote:
The first full scale Assault night we had (in 2011?) I wanted to play AS-Dria so bad, I was like "Hey you guys, it's Dria! We play it all the time, what can go wrong?" (Dria is still one of my favorite all time maps), then when I saw the cool vehicles it's easy to get excited more, but when they're hopelessly broken and the objectives are all not that good, it ended up being a trainwreck.

Speaking of which, don't ever play a similar map, AS-KvWArcticBattle I think it's called, which is also on the server. Same guys made that map, and same hopelessly stuck vehicles. At least the Dria objectives were better.

I was really happy to do Thunderstrom (which people loved), NaliEscape, and Vindication. That last one got so close, but it helped that I knew once the forcefield was lowered as a result of disabling it underground, the keycard would be a step or two away. Grabbed that and got it to the terminal with absolutely no opposition. But they did a lot better getting those explosives on (the final objective), and all they needed was maybe one more second to do it, but I off-ed the last 2 blue members trying to make it there. Very intense map. There were a few more I wanted to do (Castle, iSEAL, etc) but I think we'll be getting another night soon.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #68
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_X View Post
The first full scale Assault night we had (in 2011?) I wanted to play AS-Dria so bad, I was like "Hey you guys, it's Dria! We play it all the time, what can go wrong?" (Dria is still one of my favorite all time maps), then when I saw the cool vehicles it's easy to get excited more, but when they're hopelessly broken and the objectives are all not that good, it ended up being a trainwreck.

Speaking of which, don't ever play a similar map, AS-KvWArcticBattle I think it's called, which is also on the server. Same guys made that map, and same hopelessly stuck vehicles. At least the Dria objectives were better.

I was really happy to do Thunderstrom (which people loved), NaliEscape, and Vindication. That last one got so close, but it helped that I knew once the forcefield was lowered as a result of disabling it underground, the keycard would be a step or two away. Grabbed that and got it to the terminal with absolutely no opposition. But they did a lot better getting those explosives on (the final objective), and all they needed was maybe one more second to do it, but I off-ed the last 2 blue members trying to make it there. Very intense map. There were a few more I wanted to do (Castle, iSEAL, etc) but I think we'll be getting another night soon.
Yeah, the Airpower jets are really buggy and don't usually work.

We'll have to play Chaos next time too, that map's a classic.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #69
VadersFisting
Getting there...

*bump* How about another Assault Night?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #70
McGimpkins

Was thinking the same thing... um... anybody know what happened to the AS server?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #71
McGimpkins

Oh wait.. I see the answer is here
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #72
McGimpkins

How about Saturday June 7th at 8:00 pm EST?

I could make it sooner, however I'm not sure if the 24th would be enough time for word to get around, and I don't think we would have a good turnout on Memorial Day weekend. What do you guys think?

Carpe, you want to change the announcement on the ONS server?

Analog, you want to get the mice running in the wheel that powers the server maybe on June 5th?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #73
Beth

Quote:

Analog, you want to get the mice running in the wheel that powers the server maybe on June 5th?

Oh man, June 5th? if so then just say Beth! I couldn't think of a better present then an AS bday night! Woot

Old 05-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #74
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
Oh man, June 5th? if so then just say Beth! I couldn't think of a better present then an AS bday night! Woot
Sorry dear, the 5th is when the AS server would be fired up and made ready, the AS Night is the 7th.

Yes Gimpy, I'll change the MOTD on the server.

Go ahead and post in the HoC forums as well.

[edit] MOTD changed May 9th.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 05-09-2014 at 09:41 AM..
Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #75
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:

I could make it sooner, however I'm not sure if the 24th would be enough time for word to get around, and I don't think we would have a good turnout on Memorial Day weekend. What do you guys think?
That should work nicely. I'll do my best to make it.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #76
D_B_X
For Victory - 1 & 2 Dria!

We had one on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend back in 2011 -- decent turnout with around 10 maps played. But if we can get it like we did a few months ago, well then that would be even better.

(yeah, I've been doing the AS night thing for a while now)
Old 05-09-2014, 01:39 AM   #77
VadersFisting
Getting there...

A little ways off but I can be patient.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #78
dimshade
Getting there...

Would a Sunday be better? People seem to be home more often on a Sunday night. Not sure if this applies to gamers though.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #79
McGimpkins

Friday or Saturday is a little better for me, not that I couldn't play on a Sunday, but I can stay up later and drink beer on either of those nights.

If people like Sunday better we can move it to that, I don't have a problem, just want a date/time that the maximum amount of people can show up.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #80
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Best times for me - Friday evening, Saturday anytime, Sunday I can't really be up past 10pm cst.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault