Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 02-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Default Map Edits - 2.0 V7

V 2.7 - If its listed here its on the server
New Maps (Never played on server):
UPDATED to V2!! ONS-Shyron-)o(-p00tylicious-V2 (featuring random link setups, updated vehicles, more fliers, including Falcon, Phoenix, Venom, Cicada..and anti air including Mantis, Cerbus and Hellbender MKV)

New Edits (Major edits to a familiar map that's new to the server, essentially new gameplay):
[These would be added to the server]

Updated Versions (fixes/adjustments to existing maps)
[Generally here the map of the same exact name is replaced with Updated Versions]
ONS-NiVaValley-)o(-V3 (Fixed jumppads at primaries, minor vehicle tweaks)
ONS-DesertedSands-)o(-p00tylicious-v4 (Kept Predators increased their spawn times, added more anti-air vehicles (Troop Carrier, Cerberus, Hurriance))
ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomizer-V10.ut2 (Vehicle Tweaks)
ONS-DesertJunkYard-TMU-Randomizer-V2.ut2 (Vehicle Tweaks)
ONS-Omni-FullVehicleLoadout-TEST-Dropship-V2 (TESTING MAP WITH LOTS OF VEHICLES, Added Fireblade)
ONS-Pyroclastic-Infern)o(-V4 (Vehicle/WL Tweaks, added Fireblade )
ONS-D$K-GunShop-)o(-V4 (Put Deemers back in the lights...cleaned up teleporters)
ONS-MinusTankMeUp-Randomizer-V7 (Vehicle Tweaks, added a second Hammerhead to roof just for Enyo)
ONS-MinusTMU-McLovins-MEGA-ARENA-V1 (All MegaBadgers--all the time! Random Node layouts, node strengths, some fixed vehicles)
ONS-ONS-Trench-)o(-V2-Beta (No Dragon, cleaned up the Trenches for better movement--lets see if that might work, plans for limited weapons - sniper, shield, assault rifle and firechucker)
ONS-MassDestructi)o(nWidespreadEnclosed-V8.ut2 (Added Predator and Fireblade, plus Nuclear Strike Painter)

ONS-MPC-Basement-Home-Theater-BadWolf-V4 (Removed NukeLayer (broken), replaced with Redeemer)
ONS-Nevermore-TMU-YEAAAHH-its-pOOtylicious-V5-Beta1 (Some Terrain/layout changes, other vehicle changes) [AND it says BETA so there might be some glitches/imbalances...etc. But lets try it out.]

Vehicle Updates:
OmniHelix: (Increase pitch for miniguns, and added Parachutes (like the Predator))
NEW Vehicle FireBlade (like a mini dragon)

WIP Not on the server yet
(Besides Fixes)
ONS-SlatedW)o(rld-2020-V5 (If I can get the bugs out?!)
ONS-DarkMarsh (New Map)
ONS-MercenaryValleyExpanse-)o(-V1 (NEW MAP Will need testing - Vehicle Edits -- boats)
ONS-UknownWay-)o(-V1.ut2 (From ONS-UknownWay-Beta9.ut2 - Tweaked Vehicle layouts)

Last edited by {glr}pooty; 03-20-2021 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Updates on Server 3/20/21
Old 02-28-2021, 08:51 PM   #2
Terminator
Getting there...

All Fall Down edit pls! underrated map.

Add Tiamat EG edition or Shocker
Old 03-05-2021, 08:04 AM   #3
Enyo
Getting there...

Pooty, is there any way to name your new maps so they show up first alphabetically, maybe a special character the server sees as coming before letter A? It's really hard finding the new maps when most the maps in the roster have been played 0 times on the new server.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #4
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yes, I found that pain myself. I think there's two things, one for newer maps I can put some designator in from ONS-A_NEW-MAPNAME; But for those on there I'd have to change them all and recompress and reload to the redirect. So if I get some spare time, I'll cycle through the 0 maps to bump them to 1. You have to do it with normal map voting (admin force doesn't count). Also, I think we should look at the 0 list and see what should get removed/move out.... I've already taken a high level pass at that.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:26 PM   #5
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Yes, I found that pain myself. I think there's two things, one for newer maps I can put some designator in from ONS-A_NEW-MAPNAME; But for those on there I'd have to change them all and recompress and reload to the redirect. So if I get some spare time, I'll cycle through the 0 maps to bump them to 1. You have to do it with normal map voting (admin force doesn't count). Also, I think we should look at the 0 list and see what should get removed/move out.... I've already taken a high level pass at that.
Cool... you already get rid of Trench, lol?
Old 03-05-2021, 02:13 PM   #6
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I was tempted to put it back just for laughs. Maybe remove the dragon which seemed to be the biggest issue, other than it fucks up movement.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

When you have the data from the original server, may just copie the data from "MapHistory.ini".

Quote:

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 03-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yeah I was curious to see what maps were popular without the historical "bias". Gunshop has done surprisingly well...and it was out of favor before..and hasn't changed.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:02 AM   #9
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Yeah I was curious to see what maps were popular without the historical "bias". Gunshop has done surprisingly well...and it was out of favor before..and hasn't changed.
Yes Iím curious to see which maps stay zero or one vote forever.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:07 AM   #10
GuyThat42069sU
Just Registered

I voted for gunshop early in the 2.0 server, it won, and people had a great time.

It's no wonder people vote for it in subsequent elections once they remember/learn there are fun maps besides the usual rotation.

It's why I'm in favor of enforcing limits on the rotation so that people can learn about maps that used to be played all the time 5+ years ago but have since been forgotten.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #11
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

A couple of changes made:
Shyron-V2 added to server, more fliers (see above)
Updated Test Map, with a new vehicle Fireblade. NOTE: It originally gave me a package mismatch for FlakRatB002 or something...not sure why, no flak rat on that map, but if you get it just delete the FlakRatB002.u file from your system directly and let it pull the correct one from the redirect.

On an unrelated note, I think once (or twice) a night, we should have an "admin's choice" where an Admin forces a 0 played map and we can then take an informal poll to keep it on the server or move it off...or if its a newer edit have it played so we can get feedback.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #12
Terminator
Getting there...

On Dria-Randomizer yesterday, two Shockers spawned. One at primary, other at the far node that connects to the middle node. The primary node Shocker had 4000 hp and the far node Shocker only had 800.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #13
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yeah, there's some glitch on the Dria Randomizer, that often gives another vehicle 800hp. Not sure why, I've seen other vehicles get 800hp...An 800hp falcon is pretty scary.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #14
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Yeah, there's some glitch on the Dria Randomizer, that often gives another vehicle 800hp. Not sure why, I've seen other vehicles get 800hp...An 800hp falcon is pretty scary.
I got one of those 800hp falcons on Dria the other day, I think you were on at the time and I said something. It was quite handy having all that health, even had a couple players cursing I "just wouldn't die!" Feel free to keep that flyer on any map
Old 03-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #15
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Sometimes our vehicle and map preferences make me think of this old Onion video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQhvW-tjNM

Like how the test map is already a high-ranking map. We should just give in and make a flying mino that shoots homing nukes and the 2nd seat is omfg gun. It's ridiculous but it'd be fun.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #16
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Lol, make a map that just has like 3 super vehicles. Kraken vs. Kraken fully loaded. Or Kraken vs. Tiamat and Shocker. I mean the Kraken is pretty ridiculous if you think about it fully loaded main weapon (stationary kills anything), #2 shoots homing rockets/weak deemers #3 laser turret, #4 flak turret and only 10000hp.

If you didn't have the mino or bio, it'd be crazy. Or maybe a map that has 1-3 super vehicles vs. bunch of smaller ones (manta swarm or badger swarm). We really haven't done much with non-symmetrical maps with respect to vehicles (Bionyx might be the only one and only two vehicles are different).
Old 03-10-2021, 04:20 PM   #17
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Lol, make a map that just has like 3 super vehicles. Kraken vs. Kraken fully loaded. Or Kraken vs. Tiamat and Shocker. I mean the Kraken is pretty ridiculous if you think about it fully loaded main weapon (stationary kills anything), #2 shoots homing rockets/weak deemers #3 laser turret, #4 flak turret and only 10000hp.

If you didn't have the mino or bio, it'd be crazy. Or maybe a map that has 1-3 super vehicles vs. bunch of smaller ones (manta swarm or badger swarm). We really haven't done much with non-symmetrical maps with respect to vehicles (Bionyx might be the only one and only two vehicles are different).
Yeah the Kraken is nuts. In seriousness though I think it would be cool to have a map that encouraged a fully manned Tiamat. Itíd be tough to incentivize without it being an assault objective but maybe thereís a way.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #18
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yeah 1 Kraken on one side, and 6 goliaths, and 3 mantas on the other. A couple days ago Termy and I teamed up and it worked well, gunners kept the fliers off...
Old 03-10-2021, 05:08 PM   #19
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:

The Tiamat shits all over the Kraken any day.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:57 AM   #20
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

(loaded question) but aren't they pretty much the same? In fact, in the editor, Tiamat is referred to as 'SmallKraken'...

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught