Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-01-2021, 08:08 PM   #21
Singularity
Best player ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by terramerge View Post
well at least I'm not on the naughty list!

the server records stats, right? So we could look at points per game and kill:death ratios to get a more objective perspective on player rankings?

would be nice to run this again with a few more nominations:
- most playtime (mandroid)
- most obsessed with a particular vehicle (enyo falcon (someone wrote it in, but it should be on the list)
- most entertaining player (jrambo)
- biggest a-hole - should be a-hole over comms, or playstyle. Enyo with a mic is quite verbally abusive. Also seen him boot people on his team who didn't have enough points going into the 3rd round. Enyo has thread asking for him to be removed as a mod because he is such a poor representative of spirit of the game when his team is losing. Xexx playstyle is the worst IMO; no one else spawn kills at locked nodes or destroys base vehicles as much as him. Xexx has a long history documented in threads here of such behavior.

And other incredibly important, but missing categories!:

most overplayed map (and should be played less):
- minus (my vote)
- nevermore
- (A/D) junkyard
- dria

most underplayed map (and should be played more):
- classic torlan (my vote)
- doubleslap

favorite map:
- island hop (my vote)
- niva vallley (my close second)
- masterbath
- minus
Great suggestions Terra
Also forgot to nominate you for best player and a few other categories I think you deserve because I did it in the middle of the night on a whim
Apologies to everyone else who I forgot!
Old 01-01-2021, 08:09 PM   #22
Singularity
Best player ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
I speak my mind when it's safe and constructive to do so. Telling some people what I really think of them in front of a server full of other players is poor judgement and poor leadership. Saving it for a more appropriate time and place isn't a bad thing!

dog
who else is suddenly curious what dog really thinks of them Lmao
Old 01-01-2021, 09:32 PM   #23
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
the server records stats, right? So we could look at points per game and kill:death ratios to get a more objective perspective on player rankings?
Not sure, but would love if it did. The unrealMassDestruction RMD server has a stats page, they're obviously tracking so it can be done. In onslaught, good players will have more nodes built and destroyed at a faster rate than others. The RMD server tracked number of nodes built/destroyed, was kinda cool to see. They tracked just about everything else too. Maybe we can set that up with a new server, pooty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
BTW I love how there are two players whose votes were completely obvious where they came from, you and Shadow -- because like the solipsists you are, you voted for yourself for every positive category and none of the appropriate negative ones. 0 self awareness, lmfaooo
Wrong... I voted very honestly when I voted Xexx most annoying player. And who are you to tell anyone how to vote "appropriately?" Besides, I state that I'm an asshole ALL THE TIME, so how is that not self aware? I'm also apparently most valuable, not at all skewed by my own vote among 19 others with 63%, sooooo
Old 01-02-2021, 01:51 AM   #24
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

This whole thread reminds me of

Nominated for most annoying player? Better set a timer on your mino and don't let me get there first with my bio rifle. The rest of you, look out for those EMPs. I'll be shelling your core with the mino if you need me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIwj1TQmFs
Also re: Enyo calling me Xexx jr... Nah I wouldn't stoop so low as do bomb the roof of Minus with a Dragon. Plus if I truly were xexx jr I'd be a better player than you!
Old 01-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #25
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Also re: Enyo calling me Xexx jr... Nah I wouldn't stoop so low as do bomb the roof of Minus with a Dragon. Plus if I truly were xexx jr I'd be a better player than you!
That's why you're Xexx Jr., you're only very mildly annoying compared to Xexx, like a mosquito... you have much to learn from the master of UT annoyances. Doesn't even look like you got any votes, so you're not trying hard enough apparently, although you do seem to spend an awful lot of time at locked enemy cores and nodes these days.

Don't be so butt-hurt about it, annoying seems to be what you've been going for lately, so you should be proud for being recognized! And that was Singularity who nominated you, someone who is relatively new to the server, so that's the impression he's made of you over the last several months. If that's not the impression you want to give, maybe stop trying to play like Xexx.

Last edited by Enyo; 01-02-2021 at 11:29 AM..
Old 01-02-2021, 11:22 AM   #26
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Very entertaining. Thanks Singularity!

Spoon!! I expect to see the tiara and sash from now on...
Old 01-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #27
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Also seen him boot people on his team who didn't have enough points going into the 3rd round.
Well that's a complete mischaracterization... players who have been been kicked for extremely low scores (0 - 5 pts) after 2 or 3 full rounds of play get kicked unless they're total noobs because they are observed as not doing shit to help their team. And its been players on both my own and opposing teams. Dognuts and flounder have issued kicks for the same, they're just not as vocal about warnings as I am, often kicking players with less warning than I give.

If only you could see the server admin kick logs, you'd better understand just how often we have to kick people for fucking around... which is all too often and usually with the same group of repeat offenders. Believe me when I say we'd much rather just enjoy playing than have to police the fuckoffs, but we do it all the same to the benefit of everyone else that wants to actually engage and help their teams win. And we provide this service for free, despite getting repeatedly bashed and shit on for it.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #28
Spoon
DogNuts mortal enemy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Very entertaining. Thanks Singularity!

Spoon!! I expect to see the tiara and sash from now on...
Pooty, you design me a character with a tiara, and I will wear it proudly!!
Old 01-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #29
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post

Don't be so butt-hurt about it,
While making a two paragraph serious rebuttal in an obviously light hearted thread?
Old 01-02-2021, 12:31 PM   #30
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
While making a two paragraph serious rebuttal in an obviously light hearted thread?
Serious rebuttal? Lol, don't read everything I type with a skewed perception that I'm angrily typing at my keyboard.

Besides, how much more light-hearted can I get than cheerfully accepting the award as the server's Biggest Asshole?
Old 01-02-2021, 12:41 PM   #31
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Pooty, you design me a character with a tiara, and I will wear it proudly!!

Haha. Beyond my skills right now to do custom skins...although we do have the santa hat mutator, but it does it for all players...
Old 01-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #32
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
most overplayed map (and should be played less):
- minus (my vote)
- nevermore
- (A/D) junkyard
- dria

Haha. I do agree, but its funny because people always vote those maps... always. There's a ton of variety on the server, new and old, but a large percentage of the players stick to what they know...drive a tank around for 20 seconds. shoot once or twice, die, rinse and repeat.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #33
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Serious rebuttal? Lol, don't read everything I type with a skewed perception that I'm angrily typing at my keyboard.

Besides, how much more light-hearted can I get than cheerfully accepting the award as the server's Biggest Asshole?
Okay good to know. Back to keeping you out of the mino!
Old 01-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #34
Singularity
Best player ever

Quote:
Don't be so butt-hurt about it, annoying seems to be what you've been going for lately, so you should be proud for being recognized! And that was Singularity who nominated you, someone who is relatively new to the server, so that's the impression he's made of you over the last several months. If that's not the impression you want to give, maybe stop trying to play like Xexx.
To be clear, my nominations were completely arbitrary and subjective and I did it in the middle of the night so probably someone could have done a better job. I wanted to give everyone a nomination somewhere but I couldn't think of everybody or every relevant category as terramerge rightfully pointed out. I missed a lot of ppl like staffsergeant and sumugan and provert and furious rabbit and bunnyfoofoo and madpat others but that's why I left a "write in" nomination option.

Also to be clear, Yeahhhhhhh's annoying tactics on certain maps are also imo extremely effective and help his team win. which is why I prefer to have him over almost every other teammate in Mass Destruction where he is like map MVP. And in general although your tactics annoyed me slightly at first Yeahhh I've come to appreciate them as pretty skilled and I now think you're a great player and really enjoy playing with / against you.

This is true of even Roger, who although normally he really pisses me off, he brilliantly figured out how to prevent Tater getting in our tub the other day by camping one of the teleports. the frustration this caused Tater was immensely satisfying and contributed to our team having a fighting chance. This alone makes me think more favorably of Roger because there is nothing less fun than getting railroaded in masterbath by a Tater team.

In retrospect I hope i didn't offend anyone with the nominations which were just supposed to be fun / teasing. I want to point out I nominated myself mostly for teasing categories like biggest bitcher and get a life and a few others.

In general, I think what makes omnipotents fun is not just the gameplay and awesome Pootylicious maps but the characters. Having gotten to know you guys this year, it's fun knowing all your little quirks and habits etc. I personally really enjoy playing with Xexx for example because he's a challenge and I think he's a character and I don't know that many people in real life with his southern drawl lol.

Same with some of the others... the quirks are what make you all who you are. I thoroughly enjoy it when Antifa calls me a pussy for jumping out of vehicles or starts yelling about Obama's balls or just simply types "douchebags" after losing. Apparently I'm not alone since he won most entertaining player.

Enyo in general is an asshole, but that's what makes him such a great character and makes my enjoyment of the game 100% greater when he's playing. When you're on his team, you want to do your best because otherwise his disappointment / anger makes you feel bad (ergo his well-deserved Leader of Men award). When you're on the opposite team, you want to beat him just to take him down a couple of notches with his big head and also because it's hilarious when he gets all pissed off from losing (if he doesn't rage quit).

I remember a few weeks Enyo was on the wrong chat yelling at his team on Minus as spoon and me and phrozen some others were owning his team. We could hear the Enyo frustration slowly start to rise to fever pitch and then it was a straight up Enyo-tantrum and we were all laughing our asses off as he went ape shit on his team cuz he didn't know we could hear him and his team couldn't. Stuff like that make the game 2x more fun. I wish i had been around for the GTKU/colbye days for this reason.

So that's what made me want to do this -- to shine some light on the great characters we have here in omnipotents. Pooty had an amazing post about this that I can't remember / can't find. Something about even shadow having a catchphrase and "various bunnies / rabbits" gracing the server over the years which I thought was hilarious. I wish I could find it, Pooty.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #35
Tater
Singularity Slayer

Quote:
This is true of even Roger, who although normally he really pisses me off, he brilliantly figured out how to prevent Tater getting in our tub the other day by camping one of the teleports. the frustration this caused Tater was immensely satisfying and contributed to our team having a fighting chance. This alone makes me think more favorably of Roger because there is nothing less fun than getting railroaded in masterbath by a Tater team.

I remember a few weeks Enyo was on the wrong chat yelling at his team on Minus as spoon and me and phrozen some others were owning his team. We could hear the Enyo frustration slowly start to rise to fever pitch and then it was a straight up Enyo-tantrum and we were all laughing our asses off as he went ape shit on his team cuz he didn't know we could hear him and his team couldn't. Stuff like that make the game 2x more fun. I wish i had been around for the GTKU/colbye days for this reason.
Fuckin Roger man. I figured out how to get around him but damnit does he slow me down in Master bath, ha. That's MY TUB!!! Just hand it over and it'll all be over soon, like a quick rip of a band-aid.

and MAN was that game where Enyo was losing his shit fun. I remember not caring if we won or not, just telling everyone to go to a node that Enyo said to go to so the whole team would be there... such a fun game
Old 01-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #36
dognuts
Teabagger of Spoon!!

Quote:
who else is suddenly curious what dog really thinks of them Lmao
Seriously you'd know it if I thought you were a giant douche. I spent 25 years in the Navy and have no issues calling someone out. I just don't like doing it on the server too often because it's kind of humiliating to have it done to you in front of the other players...no matter how much it's deserved. Cisco got on my nerves the other day and I let him know that after many years of playing you'd think he'd want to up his game and go from a PPH that's usually less than a hundred to something a bit more respectable. I didn't call him names though

dog
Old 01-02-2021, 11:08 PM   #37
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I wouldn't sweat it, Sing I think this is a great thread and a great idea. We should do this every year and it'd be easy to expand.

There used to be a player roster on Google Sheets that was made by Lagzilla if anyone still has it. It's probably a little dated now but could be a good reference for player names.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #38
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Quote:
I wouldn't sweat it, Sing I think this is a great thread and a great idea. We should do this every year and it'd be easy to expand.

There used to be a player roster on Google Sheets that was made by Lagzilla if anyone still has it. It's probably a little dated now but could be a good reference for player names.
Once you peeps have your own server up and running, you can also check the AntiTCC log file for your players' names (other log files work as well, but that one is the easiest for grabbing a list of player names because it only logs them once).

Mailbox could already take a peek at the file on current OMNI, but it may get wiped regularly if you have a server maintenance routine set up, in which case the file will only contain names since the last wipe.

Btw, setting up an automatic restart and file cleaning routine would probably be good for OMNI 2.0. If there's already one active on the current OMNI, you can probably just copy that script and cronjob.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #39
Rando
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Haha. I do agree, but its funny because people always vote those maps... always. There's a ton of variety on the server, new and old, but a large percentage of the players stick to what they know...drive a tank around for 20 seconds. shoot once or twice, die, rinse and repeat.
I will never understand this mentality. There is sooooooo much more to this game than just this.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:35 AM   #40
Enyo
Getting there...

Singularity, this was a fun post, no need to write a novel to justify it, and don't ever feel bad for calling a spade a spade. It's really hard sometimes to convey intent and tone in a forum post, so unfortunately some people might take comments meant in jest seriously. It's funny because there's honesty in your nominations and the votes given, so I say fuck em if they can't take a joke.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught