Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 08-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Default Trouble with Redirect? Want to Download it all? Step in.

Ok.

A couple people have had some issues downloading from the redirect. Specifically, two people had trouble with FlakWolk_Tex so I re-uploaded it. Others reported slowness.

Here's a link to the entire redirect zipped (~3 GB) http://www.stormdrake.com/omni-ut200...-082020-v2.zip The UT2004 Directory is intact. You can unzip what you want. I am not sure what some of the files are for, but that's what's on the server.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

GunShop trying to load, so slow, WTF?

Old 09-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Will dl when I have access to my imac. Thanks pooty!
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 09-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #4
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Flakwolf_Tex is also a problem file for 2Fast2Furious. Might be a server-clearing issue at this point. It's 1720 MDT on a Sunday and only 5 people are onboard playing 2Fast2Furious.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #5
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyEyE View Post
Hey Shagbot.

Another thing you can do is modify your cache setting in the ut2004.ini file. It's usually in the c:\ut2004\system folder. In the [Core.System] section is a line that says PurgeCacheDays=30. Change the 30 to 0 to keep your system from deleting the maps from your cache. You shouldn't have to download them any more after that except for maps that you haven't played since the last time your cache cleared.

Fuck it! I finally made my first ever edit to my ut2004.ini file. Allowed the server to load 2Fast2Furious and walked away while it slowly downloaded Flakwolf_Tex. It might have taken 30 minutes before I came back and saw that it finally loaded.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Flakwolf_Tex.

Not sure what's up with this file. Its relatively small 2.5 MB. http://www.stormdrake.com/omni-ut200...lf_TEX.utx.uz2 You can try it here see if it goes fast. It no different than the other redirect files. I've deleted it and reuploaded it but for some reason it only seems to be that file, which makes me suspect something on the server side.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #7
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Not sure what's up with this file. Its relatively small 2.5 MB. http://www.stormdrake.com/omni-ut200...lf_TEX.utx.uz2 You can try it here see if it goes fast. It no different than the other redirect files. I've deleted it and reuploaded it but for some reason it only seems to be that file, which makes me suspect something on the server side.
I had an issue with that same Flakwolf file downloading on KitchenSink last night. It was ticking away about 0.1% every 2 seconds, gave up and left. We need to get this one figured out quickly so we don't start seeing even more dwindling numbers of players.

And why, after I've already downloaded maps post new redirect do I have to re-download them every time now?
Old 09-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #8
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Quote:
The file downloading slowly (according to McLovin's screenshot) is Flakwolf_Tex. The one on the redirect (which you linked) is called Flakwolf_TEX. I think that is the problem.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #9
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanReleipS View Post
The file downloading slowly (according to McLovin's screenshot) is Flakwolf_Tex. The one on the redirect (which you linked) is called Flakwolf_TEX. I think that is the problem.
Sounds like an easy fix if thatís the case... get on it pooty!
Old 09-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #10
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Whait a seccond.

Get an MD5 hasher like this: https://www.heise.de/download/produc...e-hasher-87525
and compare the hash with it.

I have "Flakwolf_Tex.utx" with D45A8AB60D4043B5CAF1CFDA382598C9

Which is the original from Gorzakk, I think .. but I know that there are copies with the same name which was modifired. Be especially carfull when you download such files from ut-files as everybody can upload everything there.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 09-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #11
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Ah good catch. UT is generally case insensitive. The UT server being linux likely is NOT.

That File Flakwolf_TEX is from the original OMNI redirect, not something I've added.

So, since it doesn't work right as is, I've renamed it to Flakwork_Tex but it really needs to match what's on the server (I don't have access to the server, just the redirect).
(I can't do both, as I am uploading from Windows which won't allow the two file names just to be different by case)

McLovin Let me know if that fixes it. http://www.stormdrake.com/omni-ut200...lf_Tex.utx.uz2
Old 09-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #12
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
McLovin Let me know if that fixes it. www.stormdrake.com/omni-ut2004-redirect/Flakwolf_Tex.utx.uz2

I won't be able to tell since I changed my ut2004.ini file to never delete cached files again. Plus I allowed the redirect to slowly download something and my maps load now.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:21 PM   #13
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Understood..I guess we will see if more complain if that fixed it.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:55 AM   #14
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

It's possible a mapper changed something in the file and saved it as Flakwolf_TEX, so simply renaming it may not work. I can only find Flakwolf_Tex on our server and my PC. I'll attach it here in case you need it later. Safest would be to get Mailbox to download the file directly from OMNI's server.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch6a3muhsj...f_Tex.utx?dl=0
Old 09-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #15
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Safest would be to get Mailbox to download the file directly from OMNI's server.

Yes, that's where I got all the files on the redirect. Mailbox had zipped up all the files and sent them to me. It just seems to be that one file is out of sync.

I would hope no mapper changed a file like that, but I suppose it could happen.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught