Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 11-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
GlueEater
Getting there...

Default So whatcha doin?

So what's everyone playing right now? Kind of in between games so I'm looking for a new home. Last couple weekends I've been playing Destiny 2. It's alright. Player base is shrinking quickly. COD WW2 bombed. Star Wars BF2 looks ok and might be fun with some buddies. Same with Warframe. It's actually made to play with friends in PVE missions. I'm up to level 5 but the missions are getting to the point that you need help to get them done.
Anyone playing Holdfast: Nations at War or Battleright? They look kind of interesting. Starting to miss the comradery us older guys have. These young guys get pretty worked up. They play like their lives depend on it. The most mind boggling thing I can't wrap my head around is Twitch.tv. You all seen that? I can't believe people pay other people to play video games. Some folks make a living this way. That's some crazy shit.
Anywho, let me know what your playing an if you'd like some company. Thanks -glue
Old 11-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

This is the last game I play... when this and the DW Monster Evolution server die I think my game playing will be limited to occasionally dusting off the SNES.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #3
hardspike
Server Admin

Spent a good amount of time playing Star Wars Battlefront last year on the PS4. Don't know if I'll try out the new one or not.

Also played a bit of Overwatch.

Most recently (this week) I tried out the free Fortnite Battle Royale. Very fun. You get dropped into a large map with 100 other players. If you die it's over. Last man standing wins. Recommend.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Well I've been playing Warframe, Star Wars: The Old Republic (think SW WoW), and Overwatch (not too good at it yet).
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 11-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
Turbo K
Community Veteran

PUBG.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #6
Terminator
Getting there...

COD WWII and Battlefront 2!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #7
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
This is the last game I play... when this and the DW Monster Evolution server die I think my game playing will be limited to occasionally dusting off the SNES.
QFT

Except my game playing will be limited to occasionally re-installing Portal.

I invite any of you that are tiring of the ONS slog to come try Freon. Warning though, unless your DM skillz are already
good it will require persistence as you hop onto the bottom of the bell curve.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Onslaught has spoiled me, I tried playing Death Match and it seems pointless to me now. Haha! Stealth sniper servers are fun every once in a while, but jumping around like monkeys shooting at the floor doesn't do it for me no mo. Saw one of the new cool kids games lately and even tho the graphics, etc was out-of-this-world, the only game mode they offered was death match, so I couldn't get into it.

Been on the lookout for another cooperative team play environment like Omni Onslaught with vehicles etc but haven't found it yet. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Kids have SW:BF2 and it looks pretty good. Also, they play Overwatch and say good things.

I've played a few DM and some kind of CTF (Blitz) on Toxikk and UT4 which were pretty good, but nothing yet to replace ONS.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Onslaught has spoiled me, I tried playing Death Match and it seems pointless to me now. Haha! Stealth sniper servers are fun every once in a while, but jumping around like monkeys shooting at the floor doesn't do it for me no mo. Saw one of the new cool kids games lately and even tho the graphics, etc was out-of-this-world, the only game mode they offered was death match, so I couldn't get into it.

Been on the lookout for another cooperative team play environment like Omni Onslaught with vehicles etc but haven't found it yet. Any suggestions?
The Conquest game mode in Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 is basically a modern version of Onslaught. It has tanks, flyers, and nodes. Good teamwork is a must if you want to win, and it lets you squad up with your friends so that you are always on the same team and can spawn on each other.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #11
GlueEater
Getting there...

DL'd Path of Exile. Free to play RPG. Low stress. So far the community has been really helpful Got a kick out of my nephews Playstation VR setup. He let me play resident evil. OMG that'll make you jump. Anyone try any horror games using a VR setup? Wow. Scares the shit outta ya.
Also don't let Carpe scare you guys about Freon. It's just a bunch of old guys with reading glasses and shaky hands debating which one of the "Golden Girls" cast is the hottest.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlueEater View Post
... Got a kick out of my nephews Playstation VR setup. He let me play resident evil. OMG that'll make you jump. Anyone try any horror games using a VR setup? Wow. Scares the shit outta ya.
Also don't let Carpe scare you guys about Freon. It's just a bunch of old guys with reading glasses and shaky hands debating which one of the "Golden Girls" cast is the hottest.

One of the CTF Quake servers long ago did a mod where everything was blacked out except for binocular vision. Talk about creepy. Everything was black except for 2 eye holes that you had to zoom around to see who was coming up behind you.

I'm sure the VR games you are talking about are the same way, with headset and ear phones in place you are immersed in that world. Gotta try some of this new kids stuff out soon, maybe for Christmas.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #13
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
...Also don't let Carpe scare you guys about Freon. It's just a bunch of old guys with reading glasses and shaky hands debating which one of the "Golden Girls" cast is the hottest.
Now that you mention that, I'm thinking Betty White is the hottest. Bea Arthur, aka Maude, always reminded me of my smart assed aunt I didn't like. Haha!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #14
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:

On another note McLovin, Freon is a team based game, and because you typically don't die (just get frozen)
it's not like TDM where once you die you just sit and watch.

Definitely not the strategy of ONS, but playing it will make you realize how ineffective most ONS players
are out of vehicles. Was a bigger deal in the old days when vehicle counts were limited, not so much
in the new fangled era where there are scads of vehicles.

HoC just had it's 3rd meet-up in real life; Vegas for 4 days. 8 of us showed up, twas a blast. So there
is also a real community feel to Freon (at HoC anyway).

Old 11-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #15
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Carpe is not telling the whole story.. you can die when you either fall, get pushed from a high ground, or when you get telefraged.. also while frozen. Carpe also hasn't implemented NukeSpiderMines yet.

That community thing is right.. they played a weird game in Vegas with much ice and so on.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #16
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
The Conquest game mode in Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 is basically a modern version of Onslaught. It has tanks, flyers, and nodes. Good teamwork is a must if you want to win, and it lets you squad up with your friends so that you are always on the same team and can spawn on each other.
Awesome, thanks for the pro-tip Turbo! I bought Battlefield 4 yesterday for like $8, will check it out this weekend.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #17
hardspike
Server Admin

Where did you get Battlefield 4 for $8? Was it the PC edition?
Old 11-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #18
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Where did you get Battlefield 4 for $8? Was it the PC edition?
Yeah, PC edition. I got an email with the activation code. Guess I need to download the binaries from somewhere next.

https://www.gamesdeal.com/battlefiel...ppingen&cy=usd
Old 11-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #19
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
QFT™

Except my game playing will be limited to occasionally re-installing Portal.

I invite any of you that are tiring of the ONS slog to come try Freon. Warning though, unless your DM skillz are already
good it will require persistence as you hop onto the bottom of the bell curve.
There are some really bad players who do well (relatively, depending on the map) in Freon by just sneaking around and thawing people (and bio camping frozen enemies ). Someone should write a mod where goo sticks to frozen players instead of detonating on impact.

Mclovin, what servers did you play on in Quake CTF?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:14 PM   #20
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
Mclovin, what servers did you play on in Quake CTF?
Can't membar the name exactly, but it was a Threewave CTF Quake 1 server with the grappling hook, so fun. When I left I was the last man standing. Didn't do the Quake 2 or QuakeWorld stuff. This is all around 1996-2001ish I think. My handle back then was Just_A_Gurl, was funny cause all the dudes would try and hit on me, LOL!

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games