Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 08-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #41
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

How about the mino spawns at a different spot? Maybe underneath 10?

Driving that thing around is pretty tedious. But maybe that's a part of the map and the timing of using it.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #42
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
If you make the mino respawn 90 seconds , just remove it.

Being one of the few that takes the mino and can be effective, the instant respawn is the only way to get it into any position on the map to make a difference. One more thing, why does the mino have the bio damage modifier anyway? Its ridiculous that a hoverboard and a goo gun can kill the tank that quick when the 50cal turret cant kill the guy on foot with the goo gun in the same amount of time.

Don't be so quick to make major changes in a map just because a few don't like it, or don't know what to do with it.
Under 10 poses a problem. If the opposing team controls both nodes they get 2 minos...

I was not being quick about it. The mino is low priority in this map. I can remove it, that would be fine by me as well.

Andrew
Old 08-08-2017, 12:45 AM   #43
Enyo
Getting there...

Remove it or leave, doesn't really matter... the mino is practically useless on this map. So many flyers that can quickly take it out.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #44
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

In my opinion, that's what makes Magicisle V8 the best. You weren't handed certain powerful vehicles, you had to build nodes to get them.
2nd mino at the closest primary, the wasp at the middle nodes, the falcon and the redeemer tank at a secondary node. You got rewarded for building the nodes.
Few maps have this "reward" factor.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #45
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
In my opinion, that's what makes Magicisle V8 the best. You weren't handed certain powerful vehicles, you had to build nodes to get them.
2nd mino at the closest primary, the wasp at the middle nodes, the falcon and the redeemer tank at a secondary node. You got rewarded for building the nodes.
Few maps have this "reward" factor.
The OVP Falcon spawns at the core on Solace, its unfortunate that a 2nd one spawned at the secondary node. The Wasp's at the middle nodes break the map and players would whore the shit out of them, Flounder being one of them. The "reward" factor often breaks the map so the only way for a fair fight is for both teams to have the same vehicles.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:55 AM   #46
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Under 10 poses a problem. If the opposing team controls both nodes they get 2 minos...

I was not being quick about it. The mino is low priority in this map. I can remove it, that would be fine by me as well.

Andrew
Oh yeah forgot about that
Old 08-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #47
Binger

Quote:

Andrew
Ultimate Factory.

Sorry Sarge but without the immediate respawn the Mino is even closer to useless on this map. It's vulnerability is a slap in the face and huge middle finger at balance.

I sometimes will spend a whole round on this map (previous version, not sure about new one) camping the Mino. As soon as I die I spawn at the base and jump right back. Someone needs to do that. I will usually at some point ask if someone else wants to take over but most times if I get the Mino at the beginning of a round I use it the whole round. The Mino is a sitting duck in the open on this map and needs to be under cover so that means it's either in the middle or at the corner nodes. Either way, travel time is so long and slow and the Mino is so easy to kill that it's still almost useless with no repawn time. Leave it in. Besides it's fun to race the other to the middle at the beginning of a round. Who will get there first?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #48
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Ultimate Factory.
This map has several. It is an interesting idea...

A
Old 08-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #49
Binger

Quote:
This map has several. It is an interesting idea...

A
I'm not saying the Mino should spawn there, I got no opinion on that right now.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #50
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Ultimate Factory.
?

What's this?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #51
Lagzilla
Getting there...

It allows you some flexability on the vehicles you spawn in a vehicle factory. One thing it can do is change based on the team controlling the node. Not sure how that would be configured in a multi-point round like on omni, but something to look into.

https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/User:C...mateONSFactory

Part of:
https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/User:C...teMappingTools
Old 08-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #52
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
?

What's this?
Quote:
It allows you some flexability on the vehicles you spawn in a vehicle factory. One thing it can do is change based on the team controlling the node. Not sure how that would be configured in a multi-point round like on omni, but something to look into.

Part of:
Everytime I read about the Ultimate Factory and the Special Nodes I'm reminded how much more interesting and developed this game could have been. Those guys did some amazing work but it was just too late. So many cool things that never get used.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #53
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
Everytime I read about the Ultimate Factory and the Special Nodes I'm reminded how much more interesting and developed this game could have been. Those guys did some amazing work but it was just too late. So many cool things that never get used.
You can only dream of doing this in UT4 due to nonexistent mod support.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #54
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:

Part of:
Those are wicked tools!
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #55
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
[...] Not sure how that would be configured in a multi-point [...]
Yes Crusha made a very good job on this.

Just use them as you would thing to use it. The red for the RedCore in the editor and the blue for the blue. The colour changing ingame has no effect on the factory.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 08-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #56
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
Yes Crusha made a very good job on this.

Just use them as you would thing to use it. The red for the RedCore in the editor and the blue for the blue. The colour changing ingame has no effect on the factory.
I have to read up on it. We need to look for switched side events mid game AND new round.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #57
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
You can only dream of doing this in UT4 due to nonexistent mod support.
Yeah. When thinking of UT2k4 my thoughts are constantly going to how things could be done in UT4. It could be so freaking amazing. Time will tell. I've settled in for a long wait.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #58
Binger

Quote:
... One thing it can do is change based on the team controlling the node. Not sure how that would be configured in a multi-point round like on omni, but something to look into...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
...Just use them as you would thing to use it. The red for the RedCore in the editor and the blue for the blue. The colour changing ingame has no effect on the factory.
Quote:
I have to read up on it. We need to look for switched side events mid game AND new round.
I'm not really getting this, sorry. What are you trying to do?

My suggestion was that if you wanted to add a Mino to a node for one team but not the other then just set the factory to do that. I guess I haven't actually tested it but I'm pretty sure it works fine.

Also, if I read it correctly, you can use an event to trigger the factory (enable it?) and also the spawn separately.

BTW, the Ultimate factory is working fine, afaik, on Nightwolf to spawn one vehicle for one team and a different vehicle for the other team so you can just leave one blank and that should work, right? Also I think there is a better option to just enable it for only one team whereas the list option is more for multiple vehicles for the same team. Just as an example, I just set up one node on Nightwolf to spawn a Goliath and Cobra but they are in different places and facing different directions depending on what team holds the node. I haven't tested that yet though.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:35 AM   #59
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
My suggestion was that if you wanted to add a Mino to a node for one team but not the other then just set the factory to do that. I guess I haven't actually tested it but I'm pretty sure it works fine.
Working fine.

Quote:
Also, if I read it correctly, you can use an event to trigger the factory (enable it?) and also the spawn separately.
Yes. Is also working, just with a litle bug. The respawntime. Without a few scripted triggers and timers it will just spawn a vehicle everytime you use the trigger.. also when the vehicle is still alive.. so you can throw them with vehicles.
Or you can give them just 1 vehicle for the whole match.. lose it and it's gone. (not testet on multiround round)

Quote:
BTW, the Ultimate factory is working fine, afaik, on Nightwolf to spawn one vehicle for one team and a different vehicle for the other team so you can just leave one blank and that should work, right? Also I think there is a better option to just enable it for only one team whereas the list option is more for multiple vehicles for the same team. Just as an example, I just set up one node on Nightwolf to spawn a Goliath and Cobra but they are in different places and facing different directions depending on what team holds the node. I haven't tested that yet though.
Same as your first sentence, it's working fine. With the list you can spawn the vehicles random with a probability, or put just one in it.. for example the red prime, red get a Paladin, blue get a Manta.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 12-30-2017, 01:51 AM   #60
Binger

Hey Lag, what I was asking about in the game earlier is what vehicle killed me. I saw you spectating and I was just wondering if you saw it. It may have been the Mirage Raptor. I get missile lock-ons from that thing through the fog. Something one shot me with a missile in a full health Phoenix earlier so when I heard a lock again I tried to get low and hide and look around for the incoming missile. Suddenly I was dead with the message saying only something about air-to-air missile and no vehicle name. I think that the Warthog also doesn't have its name in some of the death messages. No biggy, I was just curious.

btw i have text-to-speech off right now and i'm not good with in game chat anyway, my bad for starting it.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught