Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #41
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

If we are having a wish list then I would like to see the way overpowered manta gone. Also while the new Goliaths are great sharpshooters the anti flier capabilities of the Ballista's 2nd seat will be missed. Has a hurricane been considered? as a ballista replacement maybe?? Has good air cover and can be a helper at the key node if the team is being over run.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #42
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
If we are having a wish list then I would like to see the way overpowered manta gone. Also while the new Goliaths are great sharpshooters the anti flier capabilities of the Ballista's 2nd seat will be missed. Has a hurricane been considered? as a ballista replacement maybe?? Has good air cover and can be a helper at the key node if the team is being over run.
Hurricaine's a good idea. That would be unpleasant to have an enemy roll one into your node area.... also good for knocking around flyers
Old 06-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #43
Turbo K
Community Veteran

The short circuit and flyers that are actually useful are what differentiates this map from Arctic Junkyard. I might even argue that there are already too many vehicles and weapons that can easily kill the wasps.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #44
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
The short circuit and flyers that are actually useful are what differentiates this map from Arctic Junkyard. I might even argue that there are already too many vehicles and weapons that can easily kill the wasps.
True... yeah people gotta remember to use the battery launchers (myself included)

Arctic is pretty vehicle heavy but I thought that was the point of the map. There's almost no good reason to do anything on foot except link nodes.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:51 PM   #45
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
True... yeah people gotta remember to use the battery launchers (myself included)

Arctic is pretty vehicle heavy but I thought that was the point of the map. There's almost no good reason to do anything on foot except link nodes.
Don't forget quad jump is in the map. It makes it very easy for a foot soldier to jump around tanks or kill Wasps.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #46
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Hurricaine's a good idea. That would be unpleasant to have an enemy roll one into your node area.... also good for knocking around flyers
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but care should be taken when adding vehicles that can splash areas without having line of sight. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure a hurricane would be able to hit almost every node without needing to drive into the node area. It would almost certainly be able to spam both secondary nodes from 4/5 without exposing itself too much, preventing any kind of progression. That combined with high HP and powerful air defense would make it a bad choice on this map, in my opinion.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #47
Terminator
Getting there...

It makes absolutely no sense to remove the Tiamat because it supposedly spams the fog and then in turn, add a Hurricane which will do the exact same thing. Players complain about the twin beams on the Tiamat yet the laser beams on the Hurricane are far greater in strength. On top of that, the homing rockets will only make it harder, than it already is, to use the Wasp.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #48
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

If you edit it again, could you make a sign at the core with the in the map build in mutators written on it? I never know that there is QuadJump in it. I mean I would also not try to do it if I don't know it's there.

I like the short circuit Mantas, you can nearly play good with them on this map with a higher ping. Maybe add a windblade Manta as well, it's made to counter the short curcuit.. and the puls trator shall counter the windblade.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #49
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
It makes absolutely no sense to remove the Tiamat because it supposedly spams the fog and then in turn, add a Hurricane which will do the exact same thing. Players complain about the twin beams on the Tiamat yet the laser beams on the Hurricane are far greater in strength. On top of that, the homing rockets will only make it harder, than it already is, to use the Wasp.
Yeah, I'm not replacing the Tiamat with a Hurricane or Arbalest. I have the SPMA on the map because it can only hit a very specific area.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:24 PM   #50
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
If you edit it again, could you make a sign at the core with the in the map build in mutators written on it? I never know that there is QuadJump in it. I mean I would also not try to do it if I don't know it's there.

I like the short circuit Mantas, you can nearly play good with them on this map with a higher ping. Maybe add a windblade Manta as well, it's made to counter the short curcuit.. and the puls trator shall counter the windblade.
We've tried the Windblade before. they don't like it, they don't like the Wyvern, they don't like the Disciple (Node Exploder), they don't like the Pulse Traitor, They don't like the Mirage Manta, they don't like the Firefly, They don't like the new Stringray.

It sucks. They want the fast and ovp flyers and tanks with lots O health and mega splash damage yet they bitch that a Wyvern with 150 health is too powerful and hard to kill.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:41 AM   #51
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
We've tried the Windblade before. they don't like it, they don't like the Wyvern, they don't like the Disciple (Node Exploder), they don't like the Pulse Traitor, They don't like the Mirage Manta, they don't like the Firefly, They don't like the new Stringray.

It sucks. They want the fast and ovp flyers and tanks with lots O health and mega splash damage yet they bitch that a Wyvern with 150 health is too powerful and hard to kill.
A manta arena map could be cool.... make ScorpionCanyon into MantaCanyon? Or some other map?
Old 06-29-2017, 01:41 AM   #52
Mailbox
Just Registered

I think the current complaints about the Tiamat are fueled by the current suckage of the Badgers.

Based on several trials of trying to kill dimshade in the Tiamat, the following scenarios occur:

1. Take a Hoverbadger, Manta, Short Circuit, or Wasp to the Tiamat and get killed by the beams
2. Take anything else and get killed by the blast.

The Badger is fast enough to juke past deployed tiamat shots, but probably does less damage than a Manta while moving without a gunner.

I think undoing the Badger nerfs will greatly help with fighting the Tiamat, but if people want to nerf it even more, I'd suggest doing one (or both) of the following:

1. Remove the Hoverbadger and re-add the second Short Circuit. This would provide a vehicle that can chomp through the Tiamat faster.
2. Replace the Tiamat with a stock Leviathan. Makes it so that it has to be babysat by its team in order to keep it alive for any reasonable amount of time, similar to the Arbalest in DesertJunkYard.

As for a Ballista replacement, what if the Rail Tank was moved to 4/5, and a new vehicle was placed into 6/8? Perhaps a Troop Carrier for the lulz.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #53
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Also, if we nerf the wave flack something would need to be done about the levi, for the points Mailbox is making.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #54
hardspike
Server Admin

To counteract the Tiamat how about we put in the that redeemer that ejects you from a vehicle? Can't remember the name of it, used to be on one of the MTMU maps.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #55
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
To counteract the Tiamat how about we put in the that redeemer that ejects you from a vehicle? Can't remember the name of it, used to be on one of the MTMU maps.
Parasite Missile

Always loved this weapon and miss it. It's a great equalizer. It went away after the MTMU server purge.

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...light=parasite
Old 06-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #56
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Parasite Missile

Always loved this weapon and miss it. It's a great equalizer. It went away after the MTMU server purge.

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...light=parasite
This is in the next edit of Magic Isle as well. Lot's of changes.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #57
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
This is in the next edit of Magic Isle as well. Lot's of changes.
That's awesome, thank you for bringing it back.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:24 AM   #58
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:

This is where I get frustrated... I like all new types of vehicles, for the simple reason that it's just something new. A new challenge, a new strategy and a new way to play are all introduced with new vehicles with different strengths and weaknesses we've never seen. Just because a wasp can take out a mino easily, mino drivers complain it's too powerful. People who aren't good in the mino complain it's too powerful. Having a variety of vehicles (and thus challenges) is partly what keeps this game fresh for me. ALL of the manta variations Termi mentioned are cool because they have specific strengths and weaknesses. Just because you're too stuck in your ways as players doesn't mean these vehicles shouldn't be introduced for those of us capable of adapting and exploiting the fact. Learn to adapt... evolve your playing style.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #59
Terminator
Getting there...

Exactly Enyo! All those Manta variants are awesome!

The Firefly is more agile than a stock Manta yet people bitch about it. People bitch about the Mirage Manta because its on steriods; it outclasses the stock Manta in every category.

People bitch about the Disciple (Node Exploder) because its slow and defenseless; Well guess what, its dubbed the Node Exploder because it fucks up nodes. Are we all clear on this? You want to kill nodes quick and easy? Use a the Disciple; dubbed the Node Exploder. The deemers do 400 dmg but they can be denied so its not powerful. It's a shame its not in more maps.. At least Lagzilla is placing it in the new Magic Isle.

The Wyvern is awesome! It only has 150 health and the Battery avril will destroy it in one hit and its one of the few Mantas that take damage from hitting terrain and such. Yeah its quick but its not hard to kill. I've hit it easily with a Cerberus twin beam or even the Cerberus missile.

The Short Circuit is cool too! Yeah, its powerful at 450 damage (I think its 450) but its real lazy (as in slow) and its easy to inflict damage upon yourself with the plasma shots.

The Stringray that Castiel created for Tyrant Randomizer is awesome! Its the only Manta (that I know of) that has two seats! Its fun to switch to the 2nd seat and play dead; then wait for an enemy player attempt to hijack it and kill them! Players bitch because it fires a tank shell! It only does 175 damage which is not powerful.

The Windblade and Pulse Traitor are awesome as well. Yeah, the Windblade is fast but with the introduction of the Battery avril; the Windblade should be given another chance. Its good for fucking up badgers and hellbender snipers. The Pulse Traitor is a lot of fun too! Probably the best vehicle on Panalesh. Its great for attacking flyers and foot soldiers. The reason players hate the Pulse Traitor is because it fucks up foot soldiers yet the players that bitch about it don't know how to fight it on foot. They use avrils against it which is a mistake. Let the Pulse Traitor drag you close range and then flak in point blank or use the shock rifle. Works every time.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #60
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Another reason the LIP Mantas (Short Circuit, Wind Blade, Node Exploder, etc.) aren't on more maps is because they have a bug that messes up the emitters (dynamic visual effects) on a lot of maps. Same goes for the Dark Paladin and Plasma Tank.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught