Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #21
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Never felt the need to have any add ons. I tried reticles before and landed on the stuff in the game cause it works.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

A
Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #22
-Goose-
Getting there...

Quote:
What would you suggest as a starting point Goose ?
Well the server can intelligently drop the tick on its own (for its part), but spidermines will still completely hose people's experience. But if you are going to try it I would at least start high enough that the effects (both good and bad) should be obvious. 40 - 45 I would guess. That way if people do notice the better hit registration, but complain about the drawbacks you can drop it to some intermediate value with confidence that it is at least doing *some* good.

Ideally, either all spider mines would be removed from maps or a mutator added that would replace them with something else, similar to the LG mutator. As long as the maps are not super crowded with tons of vehicles, it should be ok I think.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #23
Binger

I just pumped 4 RailTank shots into an Aegis and it didn't kill it. It should only take 3. He did NOT have his shield up and was shooting back at me the whole time. I don't understand why more people aren't upset about this. Maybe they just don't remember the time when things worked like they should.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #24
Enyo
Getting there...

I definitely think this is some sort of server issue. The last couple of weeks I have been on the lucky end of more unregistered shots from other players (that obviously should have killed me) than I've ever experienced. I had a Goliath shell hit me square in the chest on foot and it did no damage and I didn't even bounce around. I've had multiple mino shots bounce off my flyer with no damage... once dognuts hit my hammerhead twice in a row with mino shells... nothing. And of course I've been on the other end repeatedly, especially in the mino, with multiple unregistered shots. Can't recall how busy the server was every time unregistered shots happened, but I can tell you the dognuts double unregistered mino hits happened with maybe 7 or 8 players on MTMU. Not much crazy action going on at the time.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #25
hardspike
Server Admin

It doesn't happen to everyone. For the longest time I had no idea what you guys were talking about. Then it happened to me. I was in a Mino on Djunk. Hammerhead coming my way, easy eagle eye shot, saw the explosion around him... nothing, he kept coming at me. I get it now. But that's the ONLY time I can recall this problem personally.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #26
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Goose- View Post
Well the server can intelligently drop the tick on its own (for its part), but spidermines will still completely hose people's experience. But if you are going to try it I would at least start high enough that the effects (both good and bad) should be obvious. 40 - 45 I would guess.
Ok, tickrate has been bumped to 45.

Use this thread for feedback please.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #27
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

How does the tick rate interact with a player's ping? Meaning this seems to happen to certain players and not others wondering if the client network contributes....

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught