Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 09-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #41
analog
Community Veteran

If the mini in the mino is under-powered, doesn't that mean the mini on the Goliath II's are even worse? Those seem to do far less than the mino's mini IMO
Old 09-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #42
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
...Any chance the tracers and the projectiles could be aligned to be what you would expect?
No. Like I said, you can speed up the tracers but they will never be instant hit like the actual shot. If they were you wouldn't see them. Ideally things like bullets should have travel time but they don't in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
If the mini in the mino is under-powered, doesn't that mean the mini on the Goliath II's are even worse? Those seem to do far less than the mino's mini IMO
None of them are really under-powered, imo, it's just hard to kill someone when they are jumping around real quickly up close. Any minigun in the game will kill a player very quickly if every shot hits but good luck with that.

The Goliath II minigun is the same or almost the same as the one from the regular Goliath. I did speed up the tracers a lot to help with aiming though. Most times you can't even see them.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #43
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Agreed!, but i thought whomever made the Goliath 2's (I thought Binger if memory serves) must have thought there needed to be a trade-off for the accuracy increase of the main gun.

I would like to see a link raptor or link manta.. i digress, i know
Old 09-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #44
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Agreed!, but i thought whomever made the Goliath 2's (I thought Binger if memory serves) must have thought there needed to be a trade-off for the accuracy increase of the main gun...
Oops, I forgot about the accuracy on the minigun but the dps is the same as the stock Goliath. Looks like 17 damage at 0.1sec fire interval. Mino from Kamek is 19/0.1 with 0.01 spread. Both plenty powerful enough to eat up a soldier in no time and I don't think the accuracy is going to make any difference at that range, it might even help. There are, ofc, likely modifiers to those values in other things. In fact in the same code for that Mino it looks like there is a VehicleDamageScaling=1.5 for the minigun. It also looks like there is a VehicleDamageScaling=0.36 for the stock Goliath minigun so IDK. It's kind of a mess.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:24 AM   #45
analog
Community Veteran

Is there a range or something then? I was playing mtmu and was in the mini of a GII trying to take out a flyer and it was just not taking any damage (or didn't seem to be), it was close enough that I would have hit it with anything else so I just figured it was wicked under-powered, never got in one since (the mini, not the tank), but I'll try again
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #46
-Goose-
Getting there...

Yeah, there are at least 4 different levels of minigun across various vehicles & maps (possibly more).
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #47
Binger

Quote:
Is there a range or something then? I was playing mtmu and was in the mini of a GII trying to take out a flyer and it was just not taking any damage (or didn't seem to be), it was close enough that I would have hit it with anything else so I just figured it was wicked under-powered, never got in one since (the mini, not the tank), but I'll try again
The range on the GII minigun is much further than any stock vehicle weapon. You should definitely not have more trouble destroying a vehicle with the GII mini verse the stock G mini. It has longer range and perfect accuracy. Dps should be the same but keep in mind that on both the stock and MKII Goliaths the miniugn does about 61dps per second to whatever is covered under "VehicleDamageScaling=0.36", which I'm guessing is all the vehicles. And other vehicles can modify that also by reducing the damage caused to them by the damage type the minigun uses.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #48
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

So nothing can be done to fix the server or to set it back say 5 years? What changed? Does anyone know? Does anybody care?

Nightwolf V3 needs a timeout, or more ppc tanks, one or the other...unregistered shots still, bio roll still...man I miss the old days when you shot something, it blew up. Now you are better off to get your useless points by taking one of the glitchy vehicles and just heading out because chances are good you wont get killed, at least not by a mino shot anyway.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #49
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
...man I miss the old days when you shot something, it blew up...
I guess people think it's my imagination when I talk about this. Even on my old laptop with, at best, about 18 fps and riding my neighbors wi-fi things acted like they should. I remember back then when Bastard was circling me in a Badger and I was in a Goliath and I couldn't kill him with the cannon before he whittled me down with the Badger minigun. I was humiliated. That had never happened before. Now it's an everyday thing and I'm a lot better now than I was then.

I never would have stuck with this game if it had been like this all these years. This is the new normal and I really doubt it will change. Hacks and unregs are driving me away.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #50
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I guess people think it's my imagination when I talk about this. Even on my old laptop with, at best, about 18 fps and riding my neighbors wi-fi things acted like they should. I remember back then when Bastard was circling me in a Badger and I was in a Goliath and I couldn't kill him with the cannon before he whittled me down with the Badger minigun. I was humiliated. That had never happened before. Now it's an everyday thing and I'm a lot better now than I was then.

I never would have stuck with this game if it had been like this all these years. This is the new normal and I really doubt it will change. Hacks and unregs are driving me away.
Same here Binger.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #51
provert
Just Registered

Been in San Diego since June.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #52
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
Been in San Diego since June.
Got to love it here!!! Best place ever. (And no more Chargers! )

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught