Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 09-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #21
hardspike
Server Admin

I recall there was a guy way back when who played under the name "Owner". He used to cry all the time about how OP the Mino was, etc. etc. So that map was created just to eff with him.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #22
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Because there would be an overwhelming amount of choices and people would end up resorting to the same ten maps currently played every evening. The best solution would be to rotate different versions of each map out every month. Example: In September we get Dria-TMU, Desert Junkyard, TaL-2014, and MTMU-Kamek. In October we would get Dria-Gorz, Arctic Junkyard, MTMU Randomizer, and TaL-PPC. Increase the map cool-down from 12 to 15. Then at the beginning of each month the same old maps would feel somewhat "fresh" and "exciting".

Bonus idea: Every once in a while we could do special weeks such as: tank maps only, no tank maps, MTMU-randomizer set to all the same vehicle 100% of the time, quad jump and stunt vehicles enabled, etc.
I respectfully disagree. I really think this would empty the server faster than any idea I've heard yet.

Making maps unavailable that people like seems wrong to me. If I don't like a map, I don't play.

People bitch and moan about maps all the time, "can this be over", and worse "sandbag" until their team loses.

Needs repeating: In the wise words of Sarge, If you don't like a map don't play it.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #23
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I respectfully disagree. I really think this would empty the server faster than any idea I've heard yet.

Making maps unavailable that people like seems wrong to me. If I don't like a map, I don't play.

People bitch and moan about maps all the time, "can this be over", and worse "sandbag" until their team loses.

Needs repeating: In the wise words of Sarge, If you don't like a map don't play it.
...and I'm the opposite. Maps are great but I play for the teamwork, which is why I'll bail on occasion even if it's one of my fav maps. Now that I think about it; a strategy map is essential for me. DM ONS maps turn me off (Rail, BitchSlap, etc.) I'll let Cal and Dim have at 'em with their aim bot pulse rifles. Still, most all of the maps on our server are pretty darn fun, thanks to our pro map editors, and are great play IF the team is firing on all cylinders and coordinating. When that happens even a loss was a pretty fun game.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #24
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.
I agree with your disagreement. I think the map voting works pretty well and I like more choices. I like many types both the DM and Tank Heavy maps.

Variety is the spice of life.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #25
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Because there would be an overwhelming amount of choices and people would end up resorting to the same ten maps currently played every evening. The best solution would be to rotate different versions of each map out every month. Example: In September we get Dria-TMU, Desert Junkyard, TaL-2014, and MTMU-Kamek. In October we would get Dria-Gorz, Arctic Junkyard, MTMU Randomizer, and TaL-PPC. Increase the map cool-down from 12 to 15. Then at the beginning of each month the same old maps would feel somewhat "fresh" and "exciting".

Bonus idea: Every once in a while we could do special weeks such as: tank maps only, no tank maps, MTMU-randomizer set to all the same vehicle 100% of the time, quad jump and stunt vehicles enabled, etc.
I still don't see any harm in having all the maps available... whatever, you are in control
Old 09-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #26
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Up the cool down. 15 sounds good. It would push us to play some little used maps.

A
Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #27
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
... vehicles on Battlefront-FutureCockfest.
I am editing this map (the regular one, not the Future one) The 2 barrack nodes are connected underground, just toying with it but it seems like it may make a fun update so long as the other nodes connect in a smart way.

I would ditch Future Combat, 3/4 of the server leaves when it fires up.

A
Old 09-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #28
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
I am editing this map (the regular one, not the Future one) The 2 barrack nodes are connected underground, just toying with it but it seems like it may make a fun update so long as the other nodes connect in a smart way.

A
I like the extra fliers in Future. At least throw in a couple of boardsin the edit.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #29
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:

A
Just a long straight spam tunnel would be fun. Kind of like boardwalk. Encouraging linking up to attack
Old 09-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #30
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
...and I'm the opposite. Maps are great but I play for the teamwork, which is why I'll bail on occasion even if it's one of my fav maps. Now that I think about it; a strategy map is essential for me. DM ONS maps turn me off (Rail, BitchSlap, etc.) I'll let Cal and Dim have at 'em with their aim bot pulse rifles. Still, most all of the maps on our server are pretty darn fun, thanks to our pro map editors, and are great play IF the team is firing on all cylinders and coordinating. When that happens even a loss was a pretty fun game.
I agree 100% - I love the teamwork aspect of this game. I have always said 'I would rather lose with good teamwork, than to win with no teamwork'. No offense to Vril, but using him as an example here. He is a good player, but uses no microphone. I will get a team of no-talkers and we can do good, but i quickly get bored and lose interest. The application of good teamwork is paramount and just fun. "I am at node 5 with a double damage nuke if you can give it to me" A good team will work to get a node up and take down enemy nodes. Its great to see good teamwork come together
Old 09-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #31
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Just a long straight spam tunnel would be fun. Kind of like boardwalk. Encouraging linking up to attack
Old 09-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #32
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Quote:
People leave when anything Battlefront gets voted. It's funny how times have changed. That map used to be played all the time. Stock vehicles, required team work. I understand why Future Combat was made... to try to make it appealing again. Add new vehicles... super vehicles. But the vibe I get is that the map is done. On rep. alone people will leave this map.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught