Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
I laughed...
What did you laugh at?
Old 07-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #42
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
I hope not. The fun thing about the uneven Dria is getting 2 point rounds are very difficult. Or starting off on the 'unbalanced' side, only to work hard for a victory in 4 or 5 rounds. Like the game itself - this map is a classic
Two-point rounds are still just as difficult on this map, due to the size and lack of fast-moving vehicles. Getting two points on either version doesn't feel like your team worked hard, it feels more like the teams are terribly unbalanced. Contrast this to a map like Gunshop, Masterbath, or Tanks-a-lot where a weaker team can sneak in some core hits.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #43
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

I really enjoy the map Binger! Sorry you ended it though. I hope your ventures continue.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 08-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #44
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumugan View Post
I really enjoy the map Binger! Sorry you ended it though. I hope your ventures continue.
Thanks man but it worked out okay, ... so far.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #45
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Thanks man but it worked out okay, ... so far.
I hope you realize that the legacy you leave behind in these contributions, maybe you don't get the immediate gratification of feedback, but in some historical way, I think all work does get recognized eventually. I really hope you continue, maybe with those node mods at the end of the lakes as you said. I can imagine the work involved as I scraped my teeth on an editor for UT4.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #46
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumugan View Post
I hope you realize that the legacy you leave behind in these contributions, maybe you don't get the immediate gratification of feedback, but in some historical way, I think all work does get recognized eventually. I really hope you continue, maybe with those node mods at the end of the lakes as you said. I can imagine the work involved as I scraped my teeth on an editor for UT4.
Dang Sumu, Thanks man, I really appreciate that.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #47
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Dang Sumu, Thanks man, I really appreciate that.
No worries Binger, I really do you'd join us in our facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/5026...15962/members/ )thread, http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=15117 where you'd join the facebook room dedicated to this server!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #48
duh
www.gotse.cx

Finally got to play this map last night. Mucho Kudos to the people who worked on this. I really appreciate all the time and effort it takes to work out the bugs on a project like this.

I'm not much of an expert on map design, but I did have a couple things pop right out at me.

Lack of vehicles. It seemed like I was waiting around at the core a long time for something useful to spawn. We only had about 20 players total and it seemed like there was always a wait for a ride.

The lake-bed nodes are way over-fortified. Once out team had any sort of presence at the middle nodes, it seemed like we couldn't be pushed out of there. Might have just been shitty team balance, but we dominated after controlling those nodes.

Also, the lake nodes were really hard for me to get around on top. I know a lot of players can shield-jump like nothing, but for average players its not something i do easily. The node forts are so huge that to get into a good position on top was a pain.

Thanks again for working on this map and all the others you guys do for us. As soon as I got in the map I was awe-struck by the amount of work that went into it.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #49
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
Finally got to play this map last night. Mucho Kudos to the people who worked on this. I really appreciate all the time and effort it takes to work out the bugs on a project like this.

I'm not much of an expert on map design, but I did have a couple things pop right out at me.

Lack of vehicles. It seemed like I was waiting around at the core a long time for something useful to spawn. We only had about 20 players total and it seemed like there was always a wait for a ride.

The lake-bed nodes are way over-fortified. Once out team had any sort of presence at the middle nodes, it seemed like we couldn't be pushed out of there. Might have just been shitty team balance, but we dominated after controlling those nodes.

Also, the lake nodes were really hard for me to get around on top. I know a lot of players can shield-jump like nothing, but for average players its not something i do easily. The node forts are so huge that to get into a good position on top was a pain.

Thanks again for working on this map and all the others you guys do for us. As soon as I got in the map I was awe-struck by the amount of work that went into it.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add another vehicle or two on each side in the next version. Don't forget, you can gun for other player's tanks as well.

You can actually get around everywhere on the lake nodes without ever shield-jumping.

The lake nodes are fortified so that you can actually mount an offense from the one on your side of the map. Because of the choke-point node setup and the fact that there are so many vehicles that can destroy a node in one or two hits, they need to be fortified. Plus, now people can actually get out of their badgers and link the node without being shot by a vehicle out of sight.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:53 PM   #50
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add another vehicle or two on each side in the next version. Don't forget, you can gun for other player's tanks as well.

You can actually get around everywhere on the lake nodes without ever shield-jumping.

The lake nodes are fortified so that you can actually mount an offense from the one on your side of the map. Because of the choke-point node setup and the fact that there are so many vehicles that can destroy a node in one or two hits, they need to be fortified. Plus, now people can actually get out of their badgers and link the node without being shot by a vehicle out of sight.
+1

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught