Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
View Poll Results: Should the number of bots on the server be reduced, and to how many if so ?
Hell No. I love me some bots 3 18.75%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 1 8 50.00%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 2 3 18.75%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 3 1 6.25%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 4 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #21
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Oh, stop being so dramatic Smoker. It's an experiment. It's something I initiated after trying to play EvilDead one night. It got some interest, got a poll, and it won. I don't play much early in the day but I do play late at night. It's pretty much the same thing except the crowd gets smaller instead of bigger. I'm very aware of what it's like to play with bots and I will admit that maybe this wasn't the best idea. I played an early evening match the other day and it kind of sucked. I've also played a couple of other matches that were great. The reason the one sucked though is because some players didn't know how to compensate for the lack of bots. People were getting in big slow vehicles and camping while the rest of us were playing how we should have been playing with the low player count, getting to the node. If you want to camp the Megabadger and sit back and let the bots get all the nodes then this isn't going to work but I do understand Smoker's and McLovin's points so...

Carpe, I'm sorry for the trouble but would you consider putting bots back on the server. I don't think the others who voted to remove them would mind so much and it's not worth ruining it for some people just so some of us don't have to play with bots.
No, leave it as is.

When the game is 3v4 or something similar (with/without bots) and a teammate gets the Minotaur, they obviously don't care about the team, they want all those damage points and points from destroying nodes (if any nodes since that player won't help build any). Sorry but that is a dick move. I love the Leviathan/Tiamat but when its 8v8 on map like MTMU-Randomizer or MagicIsle, my services and teammates services are needed in flyers or fast ground vehicles such as Mantas, Badgers and Hellbenders.

And then you have CharleyHarper who in a 3v3 will go to the enemy core and start spawn killing vehicles. Once, it was a 3v3 on Tyrant and Lagzilla was on the opposite team. Within 45 seconds, Charley Harper had a Tyrant at our core, spawn killing vehicles. I told him over mic, "Its 3v3 dude, you don't need to be at our core spawn killing vehicles." I remember that pissed off Lagzilla because he was trying to build nodes and Charley Harper wanted nothing to do with it.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Termi, if you seem to think i was basing my decision on the bot question just because of that one match yesterday then I have to inform you that your completely wrong and very small minded but I expect that from children. I based the decision after playing with several others over several games so please STFU, OK! yes it is boring to play a map that only 2 are on, there is no mystery of where the other is considering if you build or attack a node you instantly alert the other to your position. The Bots may be annoying but at least they do do some work.

PS Termi next time you want to open your trap, have the facts because it will probably keep you from assuming things that are based only in your small little head.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:56 PM   #23
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
Termi, if you seem to think i was basing my decision on the bot question just because of that one match yesterday then I have to inform you that your completely wrong and very small minded but I expect that from children. I based the decision after playing with several others over several games so please STFU, OK! yes it is boring to play a map that only 2 are on, there is no mystery of where the other is considering if you build or attack a node you instantly alert the other to your position. The Bots may be annoying but at least they do do some work.

PS Termi next time you want to open your trap, have the facts because it will probably keep you from assuming things that are based only in your small little head.
*Giggles like a little school girl*

Alright Smoker, you mentioned the next time that I opened my trap to bring "facts" Well, what facts did you bring? You mentioned it was boring. That is not a fact; but I'm sure it is in that small little head of yours!

And yes, my attack was based on assumption; although I know I'm right as I've seen you make similar statements before. You're use to playing with a server full bots while you drive around in the Minotaur blasting away whats in front of you; you can't do that anymore. So you want to make something up, "Its boring," in order to get it reverted to the way it was.

Just to make it clear; I have no problem with it going back to more bots, I don't. I would like to hear a little more than "its boring" which is what you originally brought to the conversation. You never answered the question that I asked (and to be honest, I didn't expect you too. It wasn't a requirement) which gives me the notion that I was right. I'm done with this conversation, If you wish to carry on through PM, go ahead.

Last edited by Terminator; 07-01-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Old 07-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #24
dimshade
Getting there...

Bot count: serious business.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #25
hardspike
Server Admin

There's only be one dissenter raising their voice about the reduced bot count. Don't be too quick to set it back.

I think reducing the bots is a GREAT idea. I can only remember bots doing bad things when the player counts are low - like taking the only Manta at the base and flying into a wall, when you need it and it's the only fast vehicle to go get a node started. Don't forget they'll leave the keys in the Mino too.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:20 AM   #26
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
It's something I initiated after trying to play EvilDead one night. It got some interest, got a poll, and it won. I don't play much early in the day but I do play late at night. It's pretty much the same thing except the crowd gets smaller instead of bigger. I'm very aware of what it's like to play with bots and I will admit that maybe this wasn't the best idea. I played an early evening match the other day and it kind of sucked. I've also played a couple of other matches that were great. The reason the one sucked though is because some players didn't know how to compensate for the lack of bots. People were getting in big slow vehicles and camping while the rest of us were playing how we should have been playing with the low player count, getting to the node. If you want to camp the Megabadger and sit back and let the bots get all the nodes then this isn't going to work but I do understand Smoker's and McLovin's points so...
^^ This ^^

And what is described happens a lot. 3V3 or 4V4 and you have Martian, Fragster or some other player jump in the mino. While there are Mantas and fliers available. Or you have the Charley Harper syndrom Termi described.

To be clear, I voted to reduce the number of bots. I don't generally play early, but have. I tend to stay on late as Binger describes and have almost always found the bots to be a hinderance. They get in the way, they take key vehicles (like Mantas) and they derp around and do very little to help... aside from racking up points by killing them from the mino or other OPV.

Andrew
Old 07-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #27
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

I would like the bot count to go back to 16 as it was a year ago. That was fun, because it was engaging. If you didn't keep on top of things the bots would overrun the game, Kamek for example. The way it is now is boring and no fun. And I play during the day when no-one is on the server.

If you don't play solo, during the day or late night when nobody is on, it doesn't effect you in the least. Try playing a match solo without bots, it has very little appeal and has pretty much killed any desire for me to get on during the day, until there is a full house later in the day.

Last edited by McLovin; 07-02-2016 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #28
Terminator
Getting there...

I agree with Hardspike & Lagzilla, well said.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:34 AM   #29
BoFox
Just Registered

Is there a way to up the difficulty of the bots so that they play a bit better?
Old 07-04-2016, 03:30 AM   #30
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoFox View Post
Is there a way to up the difficulty of the bots so that they play a bit better?
Increasing their skill makes them more deadly, not smarter... IE the will still derp around, but be able to LG you from across the map.

Andrew
Old 07-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #31
Binger

SmarterBots mod would be great, or even LinkMeDamnit.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #32
BoFox
Just Registered

Yeah, I'm curious about that mod!

Yo Lagzilla, bots just aren't challenging enough, so that's why I said I'd like a bit more difficulty. With some practice, I can beat them at Godlike difficulty, and you likely can as well. More fun that way, at least - but I'm not suggesting THAT high difficulty. Just a bit tougher than the current difficulty level that they're at would be better for most who are still playing the game.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #33
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Reverted back to original.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #34
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
LOL.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #35
Binger

Quote:
Well, how ya gonna know without trying? Right?

Sorry for the trouble. I think 16 will be better than the recent 10. And now McLovin and Smoker won't have their panties in a bunch.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #36
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Any reason back to 16? Seemed like most were against it.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #37
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
I think 16 will be better than the recent 10. And now McLovin and Smoker won't have their panties in a bunch.
I don't wear panties, I go commando! LOL

I like bots so 16 is better. You can control em, type V 4.

Smarter bots would be cool, if anyone knew how to do that. So they stay in a vehicle and never jump out. I think that's the biggest complaint people have against bots is they unlock vehicles at your core for the enemy to steal.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #38
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
Any reason back to 16? Seemed like most were against it.
This.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #39
Terminator
Getting there...

All it takes is one.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #40
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
Well, how ya gonna know without trying? Right?

Sorry for the trouble. I think 16 will be better than the recent 10. And now McLovin and Smoker won't have their panties in a bunch.
MY G String doesn't bunch up.....

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught