Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #21
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Good point Lagzilla. I wish i had more gunners that watched the skies and behind us. The Mino's main gun should handle what is in front
What annoys me is when I'm driving the Mino and the lone gunner is shooting ground vehicles and soldiers with the laser turret... Use the mini gun turret, it does more damage.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #22
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
You can kill the mega badger on foot using your shock rifle's secondary fire aimed at the turret (and lesser badgers too). The shock ball teeters the badger back preventing the gunner from firing at you. Also as most of you know, firing a vehicle canon at the turret has the same effect.
What I like to do is ram the mega with another badger and get underneath them lifting up their front wheels. They can't drive away and can only shoot up in the air.
You can machine gun them to death or just humiliate them until they abandon the mega.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #23
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
What annoys me is when I'm driving the Mino and the lone gunner is shooting ground vehicles and soldiers with the laser turret... Use the mini gun turret, it does more damage.
Which reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves when piloting the Minnow, a gunner who shoots the lasers
randomly at nothing and only succeeds in alerting the enemy to your position.

Luckily, for me, I'm an admin. If the gunner didn't cease and desist after a couple of warnings... log in,
"uadmin_slay_[insert douche bags name]"

Old 11-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #24
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
What I like to do is ram the mega with another badger and get underneath them lifting up their front wheels. They can't drive away and can only shoot up in the air.
You can machine gun them to death or just humiliate them until they abandon the mega.
And you are annoying on the surf board when I am driving the Mino, turning me sideways
Which is actually a good suggestion for this thread. Not sure how you do that, i have tried, but no where as effective as you are.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #25
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
And you are annoying on the surf board when I am driving the Mino, turning me sideways
Which is actually a good suggestion for this thread. Not sure how you do that, i have tried, but no where as effective as you are.
Hate to dilulge all my secrets but YES the mino ia very susceptible to being steered by the surf board. I've tried flipping the mino but can only get it a few feet off the ground, not enough to invert it.

Other funny as hell stuff to do: Spider 2nd seat gravity bombs. You can really mess up an enemy mino's day when he is twirling in the air. Even more hilarious is gravity bombing a manned undeployed Levi.

And yes, Megas can fly. Ist hit from another Mega and they go straght up. Sometimes landing on top of a building. They may invert while in flight and you can fall out. But if your opponent is a good shot, he can destroy you while aloft with a 2nd shot.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #26
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
You can raise/lower the nose of scorpions (and variants), badgers, benders, and several other light vehicles on most maps by using your jump/crouch buttons. It's always amazed me that many, perhaps even most, players don't realize this and have their vehicles go cartwheeling away after taking a jump or fall.
I do this almost automatically now. It would be hard for me not to do it. It's frustrating when I'm in a gunner's seat in the Badger and the driver comes over a jump and doesn't nose down when there's an enemy on the other side.

There's also the useless jump function in those vehicles with the crouch key. Fun on F & F to get a little extra height for daredevil stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
...especially if I had a passenger onboard watching it all.
I wonder how this looks in the gunner's view. When I'm the driver my camera won't roll over with the vehicle (maybe in 1st person?) but Idk about the gunner. On Hoover instead of driving down the face of the dam in a Badger I will just go straight over the cliff behind the base and land at the bottom of the dam. When I do that I always do rolls and also turns so that the Badger does crazy spins in the air. More than once I've had a gunner panic and jump out only to fall to their death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
what map was that video from Binger
It's something I was working on. The one I feel like I accidentally ripped off from a VCTF map.

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...385#post207385
Old 11-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #27
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Which reminds me of one of my biggest pet peeves when piloting the Minnow, a gunner who shoots the lasers
randomly at nothing and only succeeds in alerting the enemy to your position.

Luckily, for me, I'm an admin. If the gunner didn't cease and desist after a couple of warnings... log in,
"uadmin_slay_[insert douche bags name]"
You play ONS?
Old 11-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #28
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
You play ONS?
Listen you sarcastic little bitch ( ), I bet I've played more ONS than you have and I have not played
for 4+ years !!!

[edit] OK, I just checked. I'm about 600hrs behind you. But still, I have not set foot in a Manta or
Minnow for over 4 years.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #29
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
There's also the useless jump function in those vehicles with the crouch key. Fun on F & F to get a little extra height for daredevil stuff.
I actually use the jump feature quite a bit when it's available. It's great for turning your badger in tight spaces ,instead of doing a 17-point Austin Powers turn, to face the other direction. Or to get more height in a scorp jump to avoid mino splash when trying to get close.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #30
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
I actually use the jump feature quite a bit when it's available. It's great for turning your badger in tight spaces ,instead of doing a 17-point Austin Powers turn, to face the other direction. Or to get more height in a scorp jump to avoid mino splash when trying to get close.
Or jumping over you when you're sniping in a bender on Dria.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #31
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Lagzilla just understand, Carpe Diem just doesn't love us Onslaught players anymore since he was taken by the FREON ZOMBIES!!! Buahahahaha

Gotta Send Thanks out to YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH for this thread I have learned much from all the posts the masters of UnReal have shared
Old 11-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #32
McGimpkins

Quote:
[edit] OK, I just checked. I'm about 600hrs behind you. But still, I have not set foot in a Manta or
Minnow for over 4 years.
Hey ONS expert, it is a "Mino" not a "Minnow", short for Minotaur. Maybe if you played a little more you would know the correct spelling. In addition I know you have a fish fetish but do you really have to apply it to everything.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #33
Adolytsi
Vernacular Spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Hey ONS expert, it is a "Mino" not a "Minnow", short for Minotaur. Maybe if you played a little more you would know the correct spelling. In addition I know you have a fish fetish but do you really have to apply it to everything.
I thought his spelling seemed a little..... fishy.

:|

.....I'll let myself out.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #34
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

I love fast chess ♡
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #35
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Again, I was driving it before you were even suckin' on your UT pacifier. Incidentally, "Minnow" is my way of
phonetically spelling it in text, artistic license so to speak, so it's properly pronounced. Similarly, I always
refer to the Cicada as "The Bug". But you wouldn't know that, because I ended my ONS career before
you started yours. Dooosh !

Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 AM   #36
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Again, I was driving it before you were even suckin' on your UT pacifier. Incidentally, "Minnow" is my way of
phonetically spelling it in text, artistic license so to speak, so it's properly pronounced. Similarly, I always
refer to the Cicada as "The Bug". But you wouldn't know that, because I ended my ONS career before
you started yours. Dooosh !
He sure is uppity for an old guy.

Andrew
Old 11-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #37
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:

Andrew
LOL. I'm only "older" physically. Mentally, I'm as immature as you lot.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #38
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:

Andrew
When you are old it is called "curmudgeonly".
Old 11-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #39
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
Lagzilla just understand, Carpe Diem just doesn't love us Onslaught players anymore since he was taken by the FREON ZOMBIES!!! Buahahahaha

Gotta Send Thanks out to YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH for this thread I have learned much from all the posts the masters of UnReal have shared
Heck yeah man this has been a good thread for me to read too.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #40
Zoidberg
Roidberg

Just btw: How to look up your playtime?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught