Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 10-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Default Press reverse + opposite turn while cruising forward in mino for a sharper turn

What other random tips do you all know of?
Old 10-27-2015, 02:20 AM   #2
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Learn where the mino hurts itself with its primary gun.
Make sure when gunning you are looking AWAY from the main gun. The driver will worry about what is in range of his main weapon. I am always worried about whats coming up from the sides or behind...
Old 10-27-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Don't use your handheld devices while operating vehicles of mayhem and carnage...

Old 10-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Flounder
Server Admin

Don't eat the yellow snow.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #5
dimshade
Getting there...

You can raise/lower the nose of scorpions (and variants), badgers, benders, and several other light vehicles on most maps by using your jump/crouch buttons. It's always amazed me that many, perhaps even most, players don't realize this and have their vehicles go cartwheeling away after taking a jump or fall.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Binger

I recently discovered that the alt-fire on the Cicada can shoot around corners. Press alt-fire on your target then hold as you back around a corner. I haven't tested it to see how far I can push it. Like will it go around more than one corner?
Old 10-27-2015, 01:07 PM   #7
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Manta's and Hoverboards bounce twice as high when you first get on them and jump.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #8
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I recently discovered that the alt-fire on the Cicada can shoot around corners. Press alt-fire on your target then hold as you back around a corner. I haven't tested it to see how far I can push it. Like will it go around more than one corner?
Good information! thanks
Old 10-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #9
WMD40
Got there...

In theory, one could probably one-shot kill most targets by having your team load up the very bottom of your raptor with plenty of sticky grenades, then resting the raptor right on top of the target and yelling to the team to detonate them.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
Turbo K
Community Veteran

If you're fighting someone around a shielded node, go inside and use the link beam on them. It will go through the shield, but their hitscan weapons will not.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:58 AM   #11
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

that cicadia trick.... holy shit i need to try this
Old 10-31-2015, 07:10 AM   #12
Wormbo
Wormlike

The "around corners trick" comes from the fact that the rockets first go in the Cicada's current aiming direction when firing up their engine, and then turn towards the targeted spot. They will not actively avoid obstacles, so make sure you have the appropriate initial aim when releasing the altfire button.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #13
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
The "around corners trick" comes from the fact that the rockets first go in the Cicada's current aiming direction when firing up their engine, and then turn towards the targeted spot. They will not actively avoid obstacles, so make sure you have the appropriate initial aim when releasing the altfire button.
Funny, when I did this the first time I backed up just short of too far. I did that about 3 or 4 times but like I said I hadn't really put it to the test so I just tried again after reading your post and backed up further and sure enough they hit the wall instead of going around it. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up. It can still be used to shoot around a corner but just not to the extent that I thought.

https://youtu.be/47EuAiqXVGw

Last edited by Binger; 10-31-2015 at 02:00 PM..
Old 10-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #14
Pi

* mino gunners cant shoot someone on foot directly next to the tank & crouched, get in close and flak
* if an opposing player is at a locked node and it needs building, build the effing node- it's more useful to get the node up since you can then spawn in indefinitely and fight them (if nothing else)
* many 'good' players will have their mouse sensitivity fairly low, this helps with aiming but makes doing a 180 turn more difficult. if you can make a them turn around (several times) you'll level the field a bit
* goliath's are slower than being on foot. if you need to get to a node and have the option between getting in a tank and going on foot then go on foot.
* shield. it's a weapon that almost no ONS players use. when you think someone else has the advantage and is around a corner use it- it's demoralizing to the other person to know that their shots are ineffective and confusing to a good chunk of players. Shield's up, as soon as they finish taking the 2nd or 3rd shot put it down and start the fight
* when you're attacking be aggressive- even if you have 10hp and they're in a tank it's makes up for a lot simply charging them guns blazing. They can easily think you're better or more hp'ed than you are.
* when you're retreating don't be obvious. running away in a straight line to the health pack is kind of predictable. consider running away for only a bit until you're around a corner then see the above bullet point.
* be unpredictable, when you're fighting someone think to yourself 'what do they think ill do'. don't do that. running from 'good' players and running to 'bad' players... very predictable. this is a game of chess, sometimes very fast chess, sometimes very slow- still the same game. get in their head.

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 11-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #15
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

what map was that video from Binger
Old 11-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #16
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
You can raise/lower the nose of scorpions (and variants), badgers, benders, and several other light vehicles on most maps by using your jump/crouch buttons. It's always amazed me that many, perhaps even most, players don't realize this and have their vehicles go cartwheeling away after taking a jump or fall.
I saw people do this in badgers on Nevermore and wondered how they did it. So I tried this on Junkyard in a badger, holding the 'c' button while driving off the cliff at base. LOL, what fun! I was doing 360 flips and landing right side up. It was hillarious, especially if I had a passenger onboard watching it all.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #17
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I saw people do this in badgers on Nevermore and wondered how they did it. So I tried this on Junkyard in a badger, holding the 'c' button while driving off the cliff at base. LOL, what fun! I was doing 360 flips and landing right side up. It was hillarious, especially if I had a passenger onboard watching it all.
That used to be a primary skill on race maps, you have to land flat or a little leaned back to keep your momentum.

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 11-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #18
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
That used to be a primary skill on race maps, you have to land flat or a little leaned back to keep your momentum.
I've always wondered why some Benders shoot straight ahead while others jump backwards on those long drops at the beginning of race maps.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #19
The Sarge
Getting there...

You can kill the mega badger on foot using your shock rifle's secondary fire aimed at the turret (and lesser badgers too). The shock ball teeters the badger back preventing the gunner from firing at you. Also as most of you know, firing a vehicle canon at the turret has the same effect.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:08 AM   #20
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Learn where the mino hurts itself with its primary gun.
Make sure when gunning you are looking AWAY from the main gun. The driver will worry about what is in range of his main weapon. I am always worried about whats coming up from the sides or behind...
Good point Lagzilla. I wish i had more gunners that watched the skies and behind us. The Mino's main gun should handle what is in front

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught