Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
View Poll Results: Should the number of bots on the server be reduced, and to how many if so ?
Hell No. I love me some bots 3 18.75%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 1 8 50.00%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 2 3 18.75%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 3 1 6.25%
Hell Yes, reduce 'em to 4 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #41
duh
www.gotse.cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
MY G String doesn't bunch up.....
Smoker in a G-string?........lol
Old 07-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #42
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Reverted back to original.
It's not set to 16. Am I missing something here?

I just joined a moment ago, looking for an interesting bout with 16 bots, like back in the good ol days when you had to work to keep the bots from taking over.

I was the only one on the server, 3 bots and me. Ugh, so boring, I left.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #43
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Weird, I had it set for 16 before, but it was indeed set for 4 (Min Players).

Set to 16. Again. Thanks McLovin.

I also cranked up the bot skill one notch, for shitz and gigglez

Old 07-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #44
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Sa-weet! Thanks Carpe! I'll give it a try. Fuck mowing my grass and doing chores. I've gotz bots to kill. Yeehaaa!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #45
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Can we reduce their skill, playing late at night in a small map that is NOT a tank map is damn near impossible.

Also, can we discuss why the poll results are not being used as guidance? I am not trying to pick a fight, but 13 people said to reduce the bot count and 3 said don't. 2 were vocal about it. I am sure you have a good reason for it, but I am curious.

Hell, even I think only 1 bot is a mistake now, but 16 is too high IMHO. Playing Nevemore the other day they all got caught up in the cores and were no help, several were in all vehicle seats tieing up key vehicles.

Andrew
Old 07-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #46
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Can we reduce their skill, playing late at night in a small map that is NOT a tank map is damn near impossible.

Also, can we discuss why the poll results are not being used as guidance? I am not trying to pick a fight, but 13 people said to reduce the bot count and 3 said don't. 2 were vocal about it. I am sure you have a good reason for it, but I am curious.

Hell, even I think only 1 bot is a mistake now, but 16 is too high IMHO. Playing Nevemore the other day they all got caught up in the cores and were no help, several were in all vehicle seats tieing up key vehicles.

Andrew
I agree. The bot skill is set too high and there are too many bots anyways.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #47
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post

Andrew
I agree. We voted to reduce them, so what was the reasoning behind the increase?
Old 07-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #48
Enyo
Getting there...

Definitely too many bots now. But I disagree about the bot skill level being too high. I thought increasing their skill level is only supposed to affect their killing ability, but it seems since the increase in skill that they are actually helping charge and attack nodes more aggressively, which is a good thing. And whereas I used to rarely get killed by a bot before, they can actually be a threat now, and shouldn't they be? Otherwise, why have them at all?
Old 07-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #49
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
I thought increasing their skill level is only supposed to affect their killing ability, but it seems since the increase in skill that they are actually helping charge and attack nodes more aggressively, which is a good thing.
It does not make them any better at navigating the map or linking nodes, sadly.

Andrew
Old 07-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #50
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Polling is a waste of time. You bitches will just do that, bitch and complain at
eachother. I love you all, so I'm just going to change it to random values and
when the bitchin' is at a minimum... VOILA.. new setting.

<3

So, for you pussies that can't handle the bot skill level (HoC Freon is set at Godlike,
I can usually beat a bot 10-2 to 10-4 in a 1v1*), it's reset. New bot count as well.

BITCH ON !

*Ya, I know I know.. DM'ing is different than ONS'ing.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #51
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
So, for you pussies that can't handle the bot skill level (HoC Freon is set at Godlike,
I can usually beat a bot 10-2 to 10-4 in a 1v1*), it's reset. New bot count as well.

Want a Cookie???
Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #52
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Yeah, pussies that can't handle bots! Give me 32 bots with Godlike skills, V 4 assign just 1 to your core top and that will solve those enemy bitches from spawn killing in your core.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #53
Binger

Quote:
Polling is a waste of time. You bitches will just do that, bitch and complain at
eachother. I love you all, so I'm just going to change it to random values and
when the bitchin' is at a minimum... VOILA.. new setting.
You Rock, Carpe.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #54
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Since the server is now empty starting around 1100 PM ET on weeknights, can we consider putting the bots back to 8?

The late-night crowd are all long gone as far as I can tell.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #55
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Yeah just last night I hopped on expecting to get into a decent game and to my surprise the server was completely empty. This has become somewhat routine.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #56
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Yeah just last night I hopped on expecting to get into a decent game and to my surprise the server was completely empty. This has become somewhat routine.
I'm not the stats-man, but my recent experience is that the server is only populated starting around 6:00 PM Eastern Time until 11:00 PM ET during the weeknights Monday through Thursday. Weekends on Sat/Sun it starts a little earlier maybe mid-afternoon. But the rest of the time it is completely empty.

I used to find pick-up games with 1 or 2 people at noon, but lately that's very rare. Why I'm playing CEONSS more lately, the Euros are 8 hours ahead of me and playing during my daytime, when OMNI is a ghost-town.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #57
Binger

So what is the current bot count. It's been awhile since I've been on with bots but I remember thinking that it may have been a mistake to lower them so much. I know I pretty much started the conversation to lower the bot count so I will admit that I might have been wrong. I think it's been long enough to revisit and see how people feel now. Honestly, part of me misses the old 16 bot days. Maybe like has been suggested before, Smarter bots or LinkMeDamnit could be added to the server to try to help with the extreme stupidity of the bots.

Edit: I just saw McLovin's request a few posts down. Did anything come of that? What's the current bot count?
Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #58
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Last night Mailbox and I upped the amount of bots manually on Slated and it was actually pretty fun. I'd be up for more, they're great in turrets and defensive positions
Old 12-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #59
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
...What's the current bot count?
It's set to 3 currently. I know because I play alone, alot, haha. I use the v4 commands and direct the 2 that I get on my team.

If you get stupid bots that jump-in-and-out of a single vehicle at your core, I direct them to "follow me", or "hold this position". That usually shakes em up and they do stuff. When other live players join, I release em to do their own bidding.

Fragster or somebody says you can "voice command" the bots. I've never tried it, but I've heard him barking commands to them a while back.

The biggest complaint that caused the reduction of bots was they get in a vehicle and then abandon it. Allowing a savy enemy live-player to steal the vehicle. If there was a mod to keep the bot in the vehicle until it dies (goes down with the ship), that would be a big help (except they would never start a node tho, doh). Plus they are dead-aim great shots, makes playing with lots of them challenging.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #60
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Last night Mailbox and I upped the amount of bots manually on Slated and it was actually pretty fun. I'd be up for more, they're great in turrets and defensive positions
Cool! Mailbox knows all the secrets.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught